LARRY FITZGERALD IN SILVER AND BLACK

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 25, 2002
LARRY FITZGERALD IN SILVER AND BLACK???

Two seasons into what already has been a standout college career, Pittsburgh receiver Larry Fitzgerald early this week will be declared eligible for the 2004 NFL draft, league sources have told ESPN's Chris Mortensen.

Because he is a true sophomore, Fitzgerald has not been considered eligible for the draft based on the NFL rule that prevents players from entering the draft until three NFL seasons have "elapsed" -- language that has evolved into a league policy stating that players must be three years out of high school.

However, the NFL is verifying that Fitzgerald indeed earned enough credits at a military school he transferred to during his senior year of high school to qualify for the draft, sources have told Mortensen. In that case, Fitzgerald would meet the league requirement of being three years removed from his prep graduating class, and thus be eligible to enter the draft.

"We received a letter from a lawyer representing Mr. Fitzgerald last week," NFL vice president Joe Browne told The Associated Press on Sunday. "We have asked for additional info to clarify his draft status."

Fitzgerald submitted his application for the draft ahead of last Thursday's deadline for underclassmen to declare whether they'll return to school or enter the draft, the sources told Mortensen. Fitzgerald has been projected as a top 5 pick in the April draft.

Fitzgerald finished second to Oklahoma senior quarterback Jason White in Heisman Trophy voting (1,481-1,353) last month. Fitzgerald, who set an NCAA record with touchdown catches in 18 straight games, was trying to become the first sophomore to win the award.

Fitzgerald finished the regular season with 87 catches for 1,595 yards and 22 touchdowns, but Pittsburgh finished 8-4. He caught at least one touchdown pass in all 12 games -- tying Randy Moss' single-season NCAA record.

He also set seven Big East records while leading the nation in receiving yards per game (132.9), total receiving yards, receiving touchdowns and total touchdowns.

It is not know if Fitzgerald's receiving draft clearance will impact suspended Ohio State running back Maurice Clarett's lawsuit challenging the NFL's early-entry rule. A decision in that case is expected by Feb. 1. Alan Milstein, Clarett's lawyer, has argued that Clarett technically meets the standard of the actual rule because he graduated high school early -- in December 2001 before that particular NFL season had elapsed -- but that the policy should be dumped anyway on anti-trust grounds.

Another of Clarett's attorneys, Percy Squire, said Clarett wants to play for Ohio State next season. Squire said Friday that Clarett always has wanted to return to the Buckeyes, but filed the lawsuit because he did not know whether he would be allowed to play for them again.

CZAR

Sicc OG
Aug 25, 2003
Yall trippin!! What u mean if Fitz falss to yall?? hahahha!! he damn sure aint goin #1 overall!! 2ndly I am gonna laugh if yall take him 2nd overall over Roy Williams!! Williams will be a better reciever period!! Yall just caught up in all the hype, but trust me RW is better than Fitzgerald!! GOT EM!!

May 13, 2002
www.fuckingbored.com
its like this children.... this was written a couple weeks ago so the end is a lil fucked up

1.San Diego Chargers
PICK: Robert Gallery, OT, Iowa

2.Oakland Raiders
PICK: Eli Manning, QB, Mississippi

4.New York Giants
PICK: Shawn Andrews, OT, Arkansas

5.Washington Redskins
PICK: Kevin Jones, RB, Virginia Tech

6.Detroit Lions
PICK: Sean Taylor, FS, Miami

7.Atlanta Falcons (subject to coin flip)
PICK: Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Pittsburgh

8.Cleveland Browns (coin flip)
PICK: Kellen Winslow Jr, TE, Miami

9.Jacksonville Jaguars
PICK: Roy Williams, WR, Texas

10.Houston Texans
PICK: Vince Wilfork, DT, Miami

11.Pittsburgh Steelers
PICK: Steven Jackson, RB, Oregon State

12.New York Jets
PICK: Reggie Williams, WR, Washington

13.Buffalo Bills
PICK: Kenechi Udeze, DE, USC

14.Chicago Bears
PICK: Randy Starks, DT, Maryland

15.Tampa Bay Buccaneers
PICK: Michael Clayton, WR, LSU

16.San Francisco 49ers
PICK: Tommie Harris, DT, Oklahoma

17.Cincinnati Bengals
PICK: DJ Williams, OLB, Miami

18.New Orleans Saints
PICK: Chris Gamble, CB, Ohio State

19.Minnesota Vikings
PICK: Will Smith, DE, Ohio State

20.Miami Dolphins
PICK: Rashaun Woods, WR, Oklahoma State

21.New England Patriots (via Baltimore)
PICK: Vernon Carey, OT, Miami

22.Dallas Cowboys
PICK: David Pollack, DE, Georgia

23.Seattle Seahawks
PICK: Marcus Spears, DE, LSU

24.Denver Broncos
PICK: Michael Jenkins, WR, Ohio State

25.Green Bay Packers**
PICK: Philip Rivers, QB, NC State

26.Carolina Panthers**
PICK: Derrick Strait, CB, Oklahoma

27.St. Louis Rams**
PICK: Ben Troupe, TE, Florida

28.Tennessee Titans**
PICK: Nat Dorsey, OT, Georgia Tech

29.Indianapolis Colts**
PICK: DeAngelo Hall, CB, Virginia Tech

30.Kansas City Chiefs
PICK: Lee Evans, WR, Wisconsin

31.Philadelphia Eagles
PICK: Karlos Dansby, OLB, Auburn

32.New England Patriots
PICK: Chris Perry, RB, Michigan

Jun 25, 2002
CZAR said:
Yall trippin!! What u mean if Fitz falss to yall?? hahahha!! he damn sure aint goin #1 overall!! 2ndly I am gonna laugh if yall take him 2nd overall over Roy Williams!! Williams will be a better reciever period!! Yall just caught up in all the hype, but trust me RW is better than Fitzgerald!! GOT EM!!

BOTH THEM FOOLS ARE TIGHT BUT I THINK FITZ IS GOING TO BETTER. SINCE WE GOT THE SECOND PICK IN THE DRAFT I WILL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE WHO GOES NUMBER 1, ITS GOING TO BE BETWEEN ELI OR FITZ. IM JUST GLAD THE RAIDERS ARE IN A GOOD POSTION TO GET A REAL GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER.

Sep 13, 2002
if raiders take fitz i aint a fan of them no more.

a fucking reciver?????????????? and one that cant fuck with either of the 3 williams for that matter.

fuck if you wanna base it on 1 great year on pitt. and not getting a touchdown in his final game to end his streak, no heart. then go ahead.

fuck id take the 3 williams over him based on size speed and future talent alone.

Sep 13, 2002
fitz aint got shit on hella recivers recivers. dude gets a touchdown every game. big deal. half were garbadge touchdowns in meaning less games to keep his streak alive. its like ac green comming in for 5 seconds to keep his games played streak alive.

i dont give a fuck what yall say. fitz is a second revier mabey, third is where id put him.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
If I were the Raiders,I'd trade down unless your takin Manning.Fitzgerald will go as high as his 40 yd dash takes him.Right now he is slower than both the Williams's,and a smaller reciever.I think he has to much hype,and should'nt go in the Top 15 picks.

May 8, 2002
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You just took the words out my mouth. Id definatley take Roy or Reggie over Larry. Larry Fiztgerald is a 1st round reciever though.

Apr 25, 2002
CZAR said:
Williams will be a better reciever period!! Yall just caught up in all the hype, but trust me RW is better than Fitzgerald!! GOT EM!!
i'd have to agree with you there...i'm hopin we can get Eli but i'd take Roy Williams over Fitz any day...him and a healthy Porter, that would be a solid recieving core...but who's gon be under center? Tee Martin!!! Oh Boy!! haha

RAAAAAIIIIIIIIDDDDDEEEEEEERRRRRRRSSSSS!!!!

BITCH!