LAFA gang rappers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Eunuch

Thotlamic Prophet
Feb 19, 2006
Thotronto
don't quote me on this but LAFA i believe are a renegade gangster disciple click from the jeffery manor section, so their name has nothing to do with rap but gang shit. jeffery manor is on the east side of chicago, i believe rhymefest is originally from there and t-money aka todd nitty from legit ballin too. as for if they have mixtapes, i honestly don't know. only for the last year or two i've just seen videos by them and never paid too much attention until lately because i took a back seat on music for almost a year and just started to check out what's been going on.

Last edited:

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Some of those songs were pretty dope, others not so much. Good looking out though they got any albums or mixtapes out or anything?

ALL BOUT CHICKEN @ALL BOUT CHICKEN some dread shaking songs in there for sure.
Hopefully they do put out some. I have said this before, but the whole drill music thing reminds me a lot of the crunk and snap era around 2005-2007. At the time, there were tons of artists pushing the sound in an ever more minimalistic direction, until it got played out, which happened quite quickly and few of them put together actual releases before disappearing. But there were a lot of great tracks I remember hearing on Myspace pages at the time, which were never put on any albums or mixtapes and then got lost and I can't find them anywhere anymore. Now it's YouTube and not Myspace that tracks are put on, but I foresee a similar thing happening. TL;DR: put your music in a package, for the sake of its preservation.

Last edited:

Eunuch

Thotlamic Prophet
Feb 19, 2006
Thotronto
a lot of these are kids just fucking around. d. gaines, who has been the one making videos for chicago kids lately, said it was just mostly kids who wanted to just get some youtube fame and put themselves on doing one song they made and not serious about making music. so i guess if shit catches on like keef and them, they might start actually properly making product and not just fucking around on the mic or camera.

Eunuch

Thotlamic Prophet
Feb 19, 2006
Thotronto
dude is a LAFA for sure when he's saying LAFA crazy. he just doesn't put the gang name in front of his rapping name. this is smart cause affiliating yourself off the rip in what mob you run with will always hinder you from being able to appeal to a larger audience. although throwing forks down in videos with you being formerly GDs isn't a good look either and people probably thinking they're biting cause they've been throwing Ls up way before those BDs.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
Another name stealing nigga. Maserati Rick? WTF? A Detroit street legend (for better or for worse) who's been dead since the late 80's gets his name stolen by some young nigga who probably doesn't even know his son lives in the D and has major love from all the ogs. UNBELIEVABLE

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Another name stealing nigga. Maserati Rick? WTF? A Detroit street legend (for better or for worse) who's been dead since the late 80's gets his name stolen by some young nigga who probably doesn't even know his son lives in the D and has major love from all the ogs. UNBELIEVABLE
Not to mention there have been other rappers who did the same before that