Kutt Leaving?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 17, 2006
After listening a couple of times to the new album....ya'll think kutt may be making his way away from strange music if this doesnt sell great?

i mean, i know there has been some hostilities in the past (flamez mixtape), and he was talkin about "which way should you go, mainstream or independent" on twitter a little while back...

then the album comes out....seems like he is contemplating leaving strange music to try and find his shine somewhere else?

anybody else think this? can someone (c-lim????) confirm or deny (please deny) this?

what do you guys think? anyone else getting that vibe?

Feb 9, 2006
I dont think Kutt could make more money if he left Strange. With all the touring he does and all the merch sales. It would be a bad move for Kutt to leave.

Oct 16, 2006
I don't think he wants to leave Strange.. he just finds it hard to comprehend the record sales he gets when he sees all the fans at shows that appreciate what he does.. I would very much hate to see Kutt leave Strange.. Strange Music wouldn't feel right without Kutt Calhoun alongside Krizz Kaliko and Tech N9ne..

ECF'NW.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
He could go big pretty quick. So could Krizz.

It's all in what he wants to do.

It seems a little TOO open over at Strange with artists airing out their frustrations on songs.

But you gotta think, though, about how it would feel to have Scenario announce your name and the crowd chanting Tech? Even the strongest bonds can be weakened by resentment.

This type of speculation is better left inside that dome of yours.

Tech is obviously well aware of and accepts Kutt's frustration. When I first heard Something's Gotta Give, having Tech on the chorus didn't make much sense until I heard the album as a whole.

Interpretation leads me to believe that the way Kutt sees things, and how he ended the album, is that he dreams of being big and doing his own thing out of someone else's shadows.

But that's the essence of living in a free country; becoming the biggest and best ______ on the market.

What sacrifice would you make to be heard on a grander scale?

Oct 17, 2006
i agree that keeping everything open leads to this exact type of speculation (as i just started i guess)

and having tech on that track was almost like its not a frustration with the label or how the bosses are handling it, but with the fans (somethings gotta give AND calling my name)

and was that song spliced together? or was that a real recording of people chanting for tech?

what about other songs where he is praising strange music? calling it a dominant force (Kansas city shuffle and hey hey hey).....

was this part of the album? and the ending was the 'ugly' thoughts and his frustration coming off of the drug? (i know they are his real frustrations but just wondering what others think about it?)

May 1, 2009
Personally Kutt is one of my favorite rappers and I obviously like him on Strange and wouldnt want to see him to leave but if he feels that he needs a change then he gots to do what he feels is best for him. I would respect that and still support him 100% if he ever made that decision.

Oct 17, 2006
Kutt is the future of Strange.

him and Stevie Stone...

i really hope this is true (both kutt and stevie stone...but more fore kutt)

and hopefully this albums sells like it should (i work at a record store and i'm pushing this hard...) and these frustrations go away and kutt gets the shine he deserves.

and i think LDS has a great point....i get frustrated as shit at my family too...lol. i think everyone does.

Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
Man Kutt aint goin nowhere. Anybody who thinks he is going somewhere is a fool. If there was a bigger offer on the table, the dude would've already been gone. Instead he is just venting because he's totally forgot he's eating off of the Tech N9ne plate. I like Kutt and I BUY all his albums, so I think that "Calling My Name" track is dumb shit. I don't know what numbers he's selling, but I'm sure it's a lot more than most underground rappers NOT on Strange Music. I'm sure he knew from day 1 that he was gonna be 2nd or 3rd to Tech when it comes to fame on this label. Dude needs to appreciate the opportunity he has been given and keep it movin. If it wasn't for Strange, he'd just be another "Kansas City rapper" with his cd in 7th Heaven. That's fine...but that's as far as it would go. Nobody is content with what they've got...they always want more. I totally understand that. But I know there are hungry ass dudes out here that would love for the same opportunity Kutt's had for all these years.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
i dont think what kutt just said made anything clearer..if anything it makes u wanna speculate more lol
Maybe that's exactly what he wants? To get the fans talking about him. In a similar (but obviously smaller scale) vein as Tech and the barcode cross. If you're speculating on what he's talking about, well, then he's on your mind.