KMEL Big Shot Contest

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 7, 2004
yeah it was...in front of the whole forum too. I mean....like I said the Bay Area radio still has a long way to go...times will change and all songs will eventually start having there individual feel too um. Not just all soundin Bay. We out here still wanna break through wit our whole own sound...(WHAT IS OUR OWN SOUND)? MOBSHIT? That ain't the only sound that cats feel like making though. feel me. Everyone will have there time.

Apr 26, 2002
www.streetcredmg.com
Actually SINCE YOU GIRLS WANNA know my business when i heard it was wit 40! and we both listen to alot of that BULLSHIT!!! Did ya know i was in that good with him, and you guys are clowns BUSINESS any BUSINESS is ALL about relationships!! Its who Ya know!!
Might as well gon admit it/ its who ya know not how damn good you are.. In our case its BOTH!

Jul 20, 2002
Done Deal Ceo said:
Actually SINCE YOU GIRLS WANNA know my business when i heard it was wit 40! and we both listen to alot of that BULLSHIT!!! Did ya know i was in that good with him, and you guys are clowns BUSINESS any BUSINESS is ALL about relationships!! Its who Ya know!!
Might as well gon admit it/ its who ya know not how damn good you are.. In our case its BOTH!
Real fuckin talk Chuck. This business is 95% who you know and 5% talent. William Hung is going Gold !! Why ? Because the people in the industry that are pulling the strings want him to. Like the late Mr. C said, everybody and the momma wanna rap when they need to like wait and some of you niggaz need to go back on the track and try to slang dope. I rolled when I heard that.

Jan 19, 2003
damn its a fucking shame so many people from the bay whine and cry like a bunch of girls. People at the radio station take time and effort set somethin up like this and people still bitch about it , like scotty fox said if you make a heater people will request it.

One thing i do disagree with those is what scotty fox said about frontline and ea-ski and all of them gettin on the radio without needing a video or money , id just like to point out that they didnt really blow up on the radio until AFTER locksmith appeared on MTV. I think him getting exposure on mtv had alot to do with helping him and others he's asscoiated with blow up on the radio .... not tryin to downplay the music at all cause frontline/balance/ea-ski ect ect are all comin with some heat but i have to ask myself if they would be in this situation if it wasnt for being on mtv......then again locksmith is the one that earned the spot to mtv, its not like it was just given to him he did have to earn it.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
There's gotta be a better way than internet voting. There are so many people out there that have disguised IP addresses. Every time they log on to the net it's a different IP. Unless you're some kind of a super genius, you're not gonna catch it. I'm not bitching, I could care less, I wasn't even in the contest. Just putting out there, that the votes should be handled in a better way.

I don't understand, however, why people were in the contest with Quinn and others on their tracks. I thought it was supposed to be solo tracks or something. Why did people get on with paid features, features that already get love from the radio???

Jan 19, 2003
its easy to say theres a better way...but no ones steppin up and saying how. Its hella easy to criticize but no one wants to come up with the answers....i personally think internet votin is safer that phones cause i can vote just as many times from phones as i can from the internet , also EVERYONE knows how to use a phone. Your average computer user isnt gonna know how to cheat votes on the internet.

edit: yo on a side note did the 2nd winner every do a track with kayne west ? or did the first winner do a track with ea-ski and e-40. If so where can i hear em...if not is there a timetable on that ?

May 29, 2002
Sav_Scorcese said:
Real fuckin talk Chuck. This business is 95% who you know and 5% talent. William Hung is going Gold !! Why ? Because the people in the industry that are pulling the strings want him to. Like the late Mr. C said, everybody and the momma wanna rap when they need to like wait and some of you niggaz need to go back on the track and try to slang dope. I rolled when I heard that.
you are a fool if you think that the industry chose william hung as someone who they wanted to blow up. the industry folks are all about making money and selling records and the only way to do this is put out people who have a buzz. William Hung sold records because he is horrible and people thought he was funny. believe me, koch records made sure that enough people would buy records before they signed him. they rely on the people to buy the music, not their ability to force anything upon us because they cant.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
bay_dezinz said:
its easy to say theres a better way...but no ones steppin up and saying how. Its hella easy to criticize but no one wants to come up with the answers....i personally think internet votin is safer that phones cause i can vote just as many times from phones as i can from the internet , also EVERYONE knows how to use a phone. Your average computer user isnt gonna know how to cheat votes on the internet.
I've got a better way. Do the contests LIVE!! Let the people decide in person. OR, have a panel of judges. If the winners are gonna be working with bigger names, then why not have those BIGGER folks choose who they want to work with??

There's some alternatives to ponder!!

Aug 27, 2003
www.thewritersoven.com
I think there should have been, or there should be if there's on in the future, A commitee of let's say 5 judges. Those 5 judges will sit down together and lissen to EVERYTHING. There will be a vote at the end of each song, majority wins. That seems pretty simple.