Kings-Rockets Trade

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 30, 2007
The Sacramento Kings are in advanced talks with the Houston Rockets on a trade that will swap Kevin Martin(notes) for Tracy McGrady(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Along with Martin, the Kings will send Sergio Rodridguez, Hilton Armstrong(notes) and Kenny Thomas(notes) to the Rockets. Joey Dorsey(notes) and Carl Landry(notes) will go to the Kings.

May 24, 2006
www.fucku.com
Good trade for both teams.

Martin was injury prone but I loved his game. Tyreke is def not gonna be ur pg and this trade allows him to play the 2 spot which I thought will be better anyways. I said it awhile back in the kings thread. Tyreke is fuckin awesome! Landry will also be a great fit. Doesn't have size but he can def ball. Also now y'all have some money to spend.

Rockets get a starting SG and some decent role players.

This trade helps out both teams in different ways.

Aug 12, 2002
www.veronicamoser.com
Landry is a stud. The Kings will love this dude. T-Mac...I love everything about his game, except that I hardly get to see it because he's always hurt. That's why I don't want Chicago to make the trade for him, and give up Tyrus Thomas. If T-Mac goes to Sac and can play, best of luck to him, but it's tough to see him playing a full season anymore.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
The Houston Rockets, Sacramento Kings and New York Knicks have agreed to terms that will expand the Houston-Sacramento deal into a three-way trade that lands Tracy McGrady with the Knicks, according to NBA front-office sources.

The Knicks will acquire McGrady and Sergio Rodriguez from Sacramento, sources said.

The Rockets get Kevin Martin, Jordan Hill and Jared Jeffries from New York and will have the right to swap first-round picks with New York in 2011 as well as take on New York's 2012 first-round pick.

Sacramento obtains Houston's Carl Landry and Joey Dorsey and New York's Larry Hughes.

Mar 2, 2004
The Kings won more games without Martin, so that's a good deal... Landry is really good, he's a contender for best sixth man since the beginning of the season IMO
The only bad thing is Larry Hughes and his big ass contract

Sep 5, 2006
im gonna miss landry, but rockets needed to make a move and look foward to next year now next year lineup will be yao,scola,ariza,martin,and brooks. not bad with battier, lowry, hayes and anderson off the bench. but dont get it twisted we can make some noise this year oh boy!! kings fans are gonna love landry especially in the 4th qtr the kid can score.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
kings also cut kenny thomas

and they also traded a second round pick to the wizards for Dominic McGuire, dude is from San Diego, went to Fresno State and has posted on the siccness before in the So Cal forum. I guess they traded for him to get under the luxury tax.

Mar 26, 2009
Yea I just seen that. The Kings have done a lot of favors for teams in the luxury tax threshold this year. Hopefully these teams return the favor if we ever end up over the luxury tax.