king t went in on ap 9 on fb

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2002
Yall remember ice t as an actor playing an undercover cop i remember him and arsenio hall getting harassed by the popo and speaking on it in front of america on that same show for the cop killer song

Feb 16, 2006
the only punk thing ice did is fall in love with a chick
and that happens to the best of us

Ice ran with a cold crew and his main potnas are legends in the streets
my big bro just laughed hysterically when i repeated this to him. he knew ice back in them days and he wants to know who ran with ice back then is 'a legend in the streets?' he said ice was doing a style of metal music back then and a little bit of rapping, but his real passion was the metal music. tight pants, studs and spikes on his clothes and running with the dude they called the glove. they was both mingling rap and metal but wasn't street dudes or in the streets on no level. check out the way he was dressed in breakin' that was ice's style ad he wsn't in the streets at all. after he got some fame off breakin he then started concentrating on rap and after he blew up with 6 in the morning did he start having street dudes around him and adopted a street image. but when he really thought he was on in the game he tried to bring back his real passion the heavy metal music with body count. say ice been pretending his whole career. basically a heavy metal skateboard dude who is good at mimicking hood dudes.

Props: Darkshowdown
Feb 16, 2006
and to add he said ice was in the service after high school and then came home and started performing in metal clubs in hollywood and then he was rapping. at what point in between all that did he run with a legendary street crew?

Apr 25, 2002
I was growin up in los angeles when ice t first came out...i was listening 2 gangsta rap before he hit the scene. Real gangsta rap...like at parties and at venice beach where i used 2 battle ppl. I had a form of respect 4 him then but most of the time when i think of ice t i think of a undercover police officer. #maybe its just me tho
I also have ties in LOS ANGELES and did some growing up out there (Campanella Park/Compton) ICE was doin his thing, Mix Master Spade, Toddy Tee with Batterram...

Im sayin ICE put it out there on a MAJOR level. Them others werent signed to Warner Bros...

Apr 25, 2002

and MC HAMMER repped 4 the west 2. I see him as a legend and pioneer also....but where does he land on your top all time MC'S list??? make sense??
Everybody got they lane. I tell you this tho, Hammer put Oakland on the map in a more commercial sense, and got alot of light sone on that city. Is he one of my favorite MCs? Naw...Were you able to put on Lets Get it started or Ring'em back in the days and the bitches would start poppin they asses, YES.. So Hammer served a purpose.

I understand what you sayin too about the fan vs. personally knowing these cats or havin info on them. I know alot of folks too, and from what I have seen a whole lot of cats that can be "outed" and they Hood Credibility put in question... That aint my thang tho... If I enjoy the music, then it is what it is. You made some good points tho...

Feb 8, 2003
my big bro just laughed hysterically when i repeated this to him. he knew ice back in them days and he wants to know who ran with ice back then is 'a legend in the streets?' he said ice was doing a style of metal music back then and a little bit of rapping, but his real passion was the metal music. tight pants, studs and spikes on his clothes and running with the dude they called the glove. they was both mingling rap and metal but wasn't street dudes or in the streets on no level. check out the way he was dressed in breakin' that was ice's style ad he wsn't in the streets at all. after he got some fame off breakin he then started concentrating on rap and after he blew up with 6 in the morning did he start having street dudes around him and adopted a street image. but when he really thought he was on in the game he tried to bring back his real passion the heavy metal music with body count. say ice been pretending his whole career. basically a heavy metal skateboard dude who is good at mimicking hood dudes.

damn that sounds like LIL wayne or Rick Ross story lol

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
So is this all bullshit?

"he attended Crenshaw High School, which was almost entirely made up of black students.[5][7] Marrow stood out from most of his friends because he did not drink alcohol, smoke tobacco, or use drugs.[8] During high school, gangs began to intensify in the Los Angeles school system. Students who belonged to the Bloods and Crips gangs attended Crenshaw, and fought in the school's halls.[5] Tracy aligned with the Crips,[5] and began reading the novels of Iceberg Slim, which he memorized and recited to his friends, who enjoyed hearing the excerpts and told him, "Yo, kick some more of that by Ice, T,"[8] and the handle stuck. Marrow and other Crips wrote and performed "Crip Rhymes", long before the advent of hip hop and recorded rapping.[9]
At the age of 17, Tracy received the Social Security death-benefit money for the death of his father to rent an apartment for $90 a month.[8] Marrow sold cannabis and stole car stereos for money, but was not making enough money to support his girlfriend and daughter, leading him to join the United States Army for the financial benefits; he served for four years in the 25th Infantry Division.[8][10] Marrow was in a group that were jailed for the theft of an infantry rug.[8] While awaiting trial, he received a $2,500 bonus check. He then decided to escape from the jail and desert his army duties, yet he returned a month later after the rug had been returned.[8] He received an Article 15 non-judicial punishment and subsequently completed Advanced Infantry Training.[8]
Marrow became interested in hip hop music while serving in the army. During this period, he heard Sugar Hill Gang's newly-released single "Rapper's Delight," which inspired him to perform his own raps over the instrumentals of this and other early hip-hop records. The music, however, did not fit his lyrics or form of delivery, which ultimately led Marrow to develop his own personalized skills as a rapper.[9]
As a squad leader at Schofield Barracks, near Honolulu, Hawaii Marrow met a real-life pimp named Mac in Hawaii, where prostitution was not a heavily prosecuted crime.[8] Because Mac admired that Marrow could quote Iceberg Slim, he taught Marrow how to pimp.[8] Marrow was also able to purchase stereo equipment cheaply in Hawaii, including two Technics turntables, a mixer, and large speakers. Once equipped, he then began to learn turntablism and rapping.[9]
Towards the end of his time in the army, Marrow learned from his commanding officer that he could receive an honorable discharge because he was a single father, so he left four months ahead of schedule.[8][10]
During an episode of the Adam Carolla Podcast that aired on June 6th, 2012, Marrow admitted that after being discharged from the army, he began a career as a bank robber. Using combat skills allegedly acquired in army Ranger School, Marrow claimed he and some associates began conducting take-over bank robberies, "...like [in the film] Heat." Marrow then elaborated, explaining, "Only punks go for the drawer, we gotta go for the safe." Although Marrow may have been using some artistic license in describing his bank robbing exploits, he also stated he was glad the United States justice system has a statute of limitations, which had likely expired when Marrow admitted to his involvement in multiple Class 1 Felonies in the early- to mid-1970s."

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
If somebody wrote all that in book form....its probably edited 2 sound a lil better than it is. Im not tryin 2 take credit away from no man 4 what they accomplish but if u want me 2 believe ice t was a g just cuz he had an album called original gangsta im lol'in. The first time i saw ice t personally was probably 1983-84. I had on caccies and he had on some breakin' attire. He wasnt actin like a pimp or a gangsta yet. Evil e and his family had a reputation in the streets of los angeles and ice t was just they lightskinned homeboy. They were one of the first groups i saw rocc a party. I respect him 4 bein one of the only lightskin ppl that didnt die in gang violence in la cuz most of the pretty boys i knew growin up got rip'd if they tried 2 bang. I choose street knowledge over written summaries myself. #ijs

Props: abarnes
Aug 17, 2002
Tay how old are you? I always knew you've been around the scene for a while but dang you go back if you were goin to parties in 83...and I'm not saying that to put your age under a negative light.

Aug 17, 2002
So is this all bullshit?

As a squad leader at Schofield Barracks, near Honolulu, Hawaii Marrow met a real-life pimp named Mac in Hawaii, where prostitution was not a heavily prosecuted crime.[8] Because Mac admired that Marrow could quote Iceberg Slim, he taught Marrow how to pimp.
I remember reading i a little Ice-T interview in Maxim (i think) like 10 years ago and he was bagging on fake rap pimps, and gave props to dru down for actually pimpin.

Apr 25, 2002
check out the way he was dressed in breakin' that was ice's style ad he wsn't in the streets at all.
that was the electro style. that was west coast hip hop at that time. not sayin dude is a real "OG", but he is deff a west coast rap pioneer. Ice T, Dr. Dre, and Kid Frost all started out doing electro hip hop, then all changed their styles real quick to last in the game. Egyptian Lover, LA Dream Team, Arabian Prince, Rodney O and cats like them were the type of acts that died out when the music scene changed.

Apr 25, 2002
Bj and tony Jake
If he doesn't know who they are I don't know how much he really knows

Mar 30, 2006
I respect the Game of Rap... But I also Know that there is more to the "Game" than rap... He may not be the best rapper, but he ha pushed it farther most have, so I respect that. If I were him I wouldnt care about being "Real" or "Hard"... Hes pushing 50 probably... But Im sure he could have someone taken care of if need be, you dont make a name for yourself in rap and acting without out someone trying to pull your card along the way and he is still moving forward, I respect that.

I think he lady chose on someone else, that happens, Im sure AP aint the only one she got down with. Anyhow, people get there bitch snatched all the time... its all bad but happens.

Nov 25, 2003
SUNSHINE CITY,CA
Have a nigga taken care of 4 what??? Over a bitch??? That would destroy all his credibility imo. Where im from we checc the bitch, not the nigga. Life is about choices and decisions. If the bitch chose, u either thank the nigga 4 takin a rotten hoe off your hands or u do what a jealous poodle would do. They say pimpin aint easy....and neither is controllin an ambitious bopper. This topic is dry.

LISICKI

rosecityplaya
Dec 9, 2005
Have a nigga taken care of 4 what??? Over a bitch??? That would destroy all his credibility imo. Where im from we checc the bitch, not the nigga. Life is about choices and decisions. If the bitch chose, u either thank the nigga 4 takin a rotten hoe off your hands or u do what a jealous poodle would do. They say pimpin aint easy....and neither is controllin an ambitious bopper. This topic is dry.
alot of people arent were your from though, muthafuckas go to town over a bitch these days lol

blame it on some other shit - he was disrespecting etc

...meanwhile its over the bitch

Mar 30, 2006
Tay... I feel you.. I was referring to the questioning of his current "street credibility" - Im saying just because he ain't hard core street, doesnt meant he can't handle something when need be... And ur right, he should check her, he was slacking and she got scooped... And yes, if he had someone handled over a bitch, then that would show how tied up In love he is... So I agree with u on that

Mar 30, 2006
But I still like Ice T.

I like AP and Tay.... It's all good. Lol

Though the last album I bumped of you guys is Ap's a relentless, this past weekend.
I own snake eyes, thug religion and bully's 1... I don't own any ice T CDs, but I watch his show.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2006
Bj and tony Jake
If he doesn't know who they are I don't know how much he really knows
i'm going to ask him. are these dudes you say ice hung around, are you saying he really ran with these dudes in the streets or are these dudes he rolled with after he got hood famous? because its a couple bay rappers around here that got some real thorough dudes around them and i can tell you for a fact that them dudes wasn't around before the rap fame. my big bro is a 52 year old rolling 60 that didn't come to the bay until 1988. he lived in them la streets and he say dude wasn't in the mix, no banging, no street reputation, truly just a rapper. same thing killa tay saying who also lived in los angeles at that time. you a younger dude from frisco and you saying he put in work with these legends. i dont see how your knowledge would be superior to dudes who was really there in that era and saying the same things. they speaking on what they actually saw. my bro is saying what he saw with his own two eyes and tay is saying what he saw with his eyes and they both saying they saw a nigga tat wasn't doing nothing but rapping and was the frail light skinned dude on the mic. not saying ice was a punk or a chump, but he aint never been active