Killzone 2 New Vids

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
^ yeah but the reviews have also said that they haven't been able to test the online mode yet. The online mode is what will give this game longevity, the single player will probably be around 10 hours long and people will play through it maybe twice. However once people are done with single player it's ultimately the online which will keep them coming back and give them value for money, much like COD4 and COD:WAW. If the online is no good then your just paying £40/$60 for a game which will last you no more than a month.

Nov 16, 2004
I have no problem shelling out $60 for a solid campaign. MP/ONLINE is something I can't do all the time because it takes hella long for me to disconnect the 360 from my tv and hook it up in the lab which is the only room in the spot with net access.
You won't have to with the PS3, built-in WiFi.

The Multiplayer for KZ2 looks promising, I can't wait til this shit drops.

Nov 11, 2005
^ yeah but the reviews have also said that they haven't been able to test the online mode yet. The online mode is what will give this game longevity, the single player will probably be around 10 hours long and people will play through it maybe twice. However once people are done with single player it's ultimately the online which will keep them coming back and give them value for money, much like COD4 and COD:WAW. If the online is no good then your just paying £40/$60 for a game which will last you no more than a month.
IGN basically said the the online mode is deep and fun check it the review got 9.4 from them

http://ps3.ign.com/dor/objects/748475/killzone-next-gen/videos/killzone2_vidreview_012909.html

Jan 2, 2006
Amazon currently has Killzone 2 for preorder at $56.99.
http://slickdeals.net/?sdtid=1159489&u2=http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-2-Playstation-3/dp/B000FQBF1M
Sony sent out a $5 coupon for Killzone 2 Amazon preorders, so use coupon code "KZ2SAVE5" to save an additional $5, making it $51.99.
Amazon does not charge tax (unless you are in NY, I believe) and offers free shipping for this order. Arrival time depends on where you live, but if you hope it's within three days, do not choose the free shipping option and leave the shipping as is and with the $5 coupon your total will be $56.97.
Preordering Killzone 2 from Amazon also gets you a code to download Killzone Helghast outfits for use in Playstation Home. These outfits are supposedly Amazon exclusive, so the code should have some resale value if you don't want it.

Mar 1, 2006
www.sendearnings.com
No coop, no multiplayer split screen, thats making it Fail to compete with Gears of War 2 and Halo 3. The good thing is the graphics and physics are awesome the wind playing a factor in a FPS is cool changes the way you play and use grenades. This game is building a good foundation for Killzone 3 but by then it could be too late to compete with the heavy hitters in comp. GTA4 added all that new shit too with dope graphics but it still failed to keep people on it, cuz all the dope graphics in the world wont mean shit if the gameplay is no good and frustrating.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
No coop, no multiplayer split screen, thats making it Fail to compete with Gears of War 2 and Halo 3. The good thing is the graphics and physics are awesome the wind playing a factor in a FPS is cool changes the way you play and use grenades. This game is building a good foundation for Killzone 3 but by then it could be too late to compete with the heavy hitters in comp. GTA4 added all that new shit too with dope graphics but it still failed to keep people on it, cuz all the dope graphics in the world wont mean shit if the gameplay is no good and frustrating.
Co op will be patched after release, but I don't know if it will include split-screen.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/08/22/killzone-2-co-op-to-be-patched-after-launch-bots-confirmed/

The majority of PS3 fanboys who hate gears and despise halo are going to snatch this game up, so I can see it doing well for the system. As far as GTA is concerned, I was never a fan of GTA, but it's almost a year old and still in the top ten on live. With over 5 million units sold, it's safe to say people are still feeling it.

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
The majority of PS3 fanboys who hate gears and despise halo are going to snatch this game up, so I can see it doing well for the system.
Not necessarily because they're fanboys who hate gears and halo, maybe they're just going to snatch this game up because it's good? I'm a PS3 owner but I love gears of war - won't stop me from buying killzone 2 though...