kanye west talks about soulja boy and ice t beef

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 30, 2006
Listen to Rapper's Delight and other songs from that era and tell me those songs weren't just made to make people dance.

I hate how people act like Hip Hop started out as some political shit. It started as party music ! Then people started to realize that they could reach people through it, and then came the birth of socially conscious hip hop !

Hip Hop beats came about from DJ's taking the breaks from disco records and looping them over and over, so essentially hip hop beats were originally disco beats. Were disco beats not made to make people dance ?
Ur absolutly right but Soulja Boy is shucking & jiving, cooning & bafooning.

Nothing wrong with partying but this dude is a Uncle Tom brat.

Jul 25, 2007
Sorry Kanye, I highly doubt that Soulja Boy knew those were steel drums....and I don't think he was being subliminal.

Matter of fact, aren't those stock Fruity Loops sounds?

Fuck it the whole thing is gay anyway
those are FL stock sounds. When I DLd da demo. I hella remembered those drums and hits. I instantly knew it was some fuckin FL beat.

Apr 20, 2003
Ice T = Legendary

solja boy = one hit wonder

kanye west = fag
^^^LOL treal spit!

Kanye saying that Soulja Boy = Nas is some of the stupidest shit I heard!!! Like Rose Town said about Kanye comparing Soulja to Nas is a fuckin hip-hop travesty so he's pretty much dissing Nas IMO.......

May 4, 2002
www.myspace.com
Kanye is stupid talkin bout Soulja boy had "HIDDEN MEANING" c
'mon "NO I BETCHU CANT DO IT LIKE ME, MAN THAT DANCE WAS UGLY"?

OMG THAT IS SOME NEXT SHIT THAT IS SO DEEP ON SO MANY LEVELS
He's So Fuckin Poetic.
peep this clip from the movie "trippin"...
this is just like Soulja Boy coming up with ol bullshit and gettin applauded and muthafuckas yellin Encore!
jus check it.

and this a 13 yr old's GOLDEN ERA?!?!? liek a nigga who 13-16 nowadays gon slap on sum muthafuckin solja boy when they 27

bullshit.

anybody still bumpin /that old MC HAMMER?

how bout that vanilla ice?

New kids on the block man that was the golden era homie!

ok maybe that old wu shit... that ol rakim even that ol pac nigga aint nobody finna look back and value Snap rap like "man they jus dont make it like that no moe!"

LMMFAO

PEOPLE ARE STUPID!

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
im going to call it how i see it. i bet anything, 20 years from now, kids that is kids now will slap that soulja boy shit an all that. probably not no hood cats, but these mainstream listeners whose audiance is mainly, well, you know, will be listing to it. BET.

i mean, the beats an shit aint bad at all. you wont catch me buying or even downloading but if that shit come on in the party or on the block you gona see people get on it

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
i must be the only one to not see the big deal with ice t. there are alot of "legends" in my opinion that arent shit for legends. only reason why they "legend" was because they were the first. being first at something dont make you the best at it.

Jun 27, 2005
i must be the only one to not see the big deal with ice t. there are alot of "legends" in my opinion that arent shit for legends. only reason why they "legend" was because they were the first. being first at something dont make you the best at it.
He is a pioneer. There's a good chance if he didn't open the doors he did, the music you listen to wouldn't exist (assuming you came to this site because of your taste for California gangsta rap). Ice T along with guys like Too Short and NWA defined an entire generation and paved the way for everybody.

Jun 27, 2005
im going to call it how i see it. i bet anything, 20 years from now, kids that is kids now will slap that soulja boy shit an all that. probably not no hood cats, but these mainstream listeners whose audiance is mainly, well, you know, will be listing to it. BET.

i mean, the beats an shit aint bad at all. you wont catch me buying or even downloading but if that shit come on in the party or on the block you gona see people get on it

So no hood cats listen to it but people on the block listen to it?

May 30, 2006
people like Russel simmons still get respect tho..
Oh! U talking about the same nigga that said some bullshit about how the group the Grave Diggers are the originators of Horrorcore rap. Pretty much shittin on niggaz like Brotha Lynch, Esham, Ganksta NIP & Sicx with that comment. Weather he heard of them or not he should of done some research before making such an ignorant statement.