kanye west talks about soulja boy and ice t beef

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 11, 2006
Soulja boy is fresh ass hell and is actually the true meaning of what hip hop is sposed to be. He came from the hood, made his own beats, made up a new saying, new sound and a new dance with one song. He had all of America rapping this summer. If that ain't Hip Hop then what is? A bunch of wannabe keep it real rappers that ain't even relevant, recycling samples trying to act like it's 96 again and all they do is hate on new shit? Niggas always talk about the golden age but for a 13 year old kid, this is the golden age!!! That song was so dope cause everything he said had a hidden meaning... that's Nas level shit... he just put it over some steel drums which is also some Nas shit if you had the 2nd album cassette with the bonus track "Silent Murder" on it. In closing... new niggas get ya money$$$$$$$$$$ Keep this shit fresh and original.... ain't no fuckin' rules to this shit and that's what real hip hop is to me.
Source: http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/?em3106=196345_-1__0_~0_-1_6_2008_0_0&em3161=&em3281=

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Sorry Kanye, I highly doubt that Soulja Boy knew those were steel drums....and I don't think he was being subliminal.

Matter of fact, aren't those stock Fruity Loops sounds?

Fuck it the whole thing is gay anyway

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
fuck what yall thought, ice t was a big ass fucking hater for that shit. you wont catch me slappin soulja boy or whatever his name is spelled but that "kid" spoke some real shit.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
lol....I was agreeing with kanye until he started talking about the nas comparison. I mean, really, that is what hip hop has always been, making foos dance. but hidden meanings? kanye done lost his louie vuitton marbles

Oct 7, 2005
I mean, really, that is what hip hop has always been, making foos dance.
I really hope u were bein sarcastic.

Where were there any hidden meanings in Crank Dat. They musta been deep as fuck cuz i didnt catch shit but a corny ass dance.

LOL @ Ice T thinkin he dude from Meance 2 Society, " You know you fucked up, right?"

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Nas today = Nas 1993
Solja Boy today = KrissKross 1993

This is ridiculous, the bullshit needs to be cut away, Kanye West makes bullshit pop music, Solja Boy makes bullshit bubblegum pop music. Ice-T made good old fashioned gangster rap music. In the grand scheme of history Ice-T will have a chapter in the Big Book of Rap Music, and Solja Boy will be a footnote in the pop/rap dance craze preface. Maybe Ice-T shouldnt of said anything, but he definatley has the right to, but as far as that video with solja boy thinking he's more than a one hit wonder he really needs to get the shit slapped out of him and thank god Ice-T and others like him got as much play as they did back in the day, to make a space for that bullshit solja boy makes, YAAAAAH Bitch!!!

May 30, 2006
Nas today = Nas 1993
Solja Boy today = KrissKross 1993

This is ridiculous, the bullshit needs to be cut away, Kanye West makes bullshit pop music, Solja Boy makes bullshit bubblegum pop music. Ice-T made good old fashioned gangster rap music. In the grand scheme of history Ice-T will have a chapter in the Big Book of Rap Music, and Solja Boy will be a footnote in the pop/rap dance craze preface. Maybe Ice-T shouldnt of said anything, but he definatley has the right to, but as far as that video with solja boy thinking he's more than a one hit wonder he really needs to get the shit slapped out of him and thank god Ice-T and others like him got as much play as they did back in the day, to make a space for that bullshit solja boy makes, YAAAAAH Bitch!!!
Soulja Boy=Modern Day House Nigga.. Everything else u said I agree with.

Dec 9, 2005
I really hope u were bein sarcastic.

Listen to Rapper's Delight and other songs from that era and tell me those songs weren't just made to make people dance.

I hate how people act like Hip Hop started out as some political shit. It started as party music ! Then people started to realize that they could reach people through it, and then came the birth of socially conscious hip hop !

Hip Hop beats came about from DJ's taking the breaks from disco records and looping them over and over, so essentially hip hop beats were originally disco beats. Were disco beats not made to make people dance ?

May 31, 2006
what in the fuck is goin on? kanye is just mad cuz he knows ice-t was a name away from dissing him. fuck kanye and fuck soulja boy. it takes zero talent to create a "Crank That" or a "Get Silly."