Kansas City's Greatest Hits

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 18, 2002
What tracks would ya'll put on your Greatest Hits of Kansas City rap songs? Shit that is just considered classic and/or songs that were spread through the area and are reconized by its denizens. Just a few for example:

Tech N9ne - Planet Rock (Down South Mix)
57th St. Rogue Dog Villians - Lets Get Fucked Up
Xta-C - So Heavy
The Popper - I Do
Skatterman & Snug Brim - Block Party

Curious as to what else ya'll think is worthy...???

Law

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.sickmix.com
Those were pretty cool picks mostly the ones the radio showed loved too.... Off the top off my head I'd add:

Young Rich the Factor - Funk Season.. And proballay about 3 more...

The Veteran Click. Become a memory...

Mr stinky . Armed criminal action

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
This is a big task......i mean

Young Gunz-Desperado
Mac Lethal-Pass The Ammo
Vell Bakardy-Bom Bom Bom
57 RDV's - It's On Now
Kansas City-Midwest Mafia
Clout 9-White 2 Green
DBL Rhyme Family - Overtown
Tech N9ne-Mitch Bade
Dove Dawg & Hobo Tone - Insanity

Aug 18, 2002
Nick thats more of the shit I'm talkin bout....some of those I forgot about. Especially that "Overtown" track....I remember I used to play the shit out of the track. I think it was Mon-E-G if I'm not mistaken gave me that single back when. He was apart of DBL right?

And Midwest Mafia I think was honestly the first ever KC rap album I bought.

Aug 1, 2002
userwww.sfsu.edu
Yung Gunz - Hopeless
Young Rich the Factor - Self titled track
South Side Possee - Kansas City is the city you cant fuck with (dont remember the track but thats the hook)
Bohn - Strapped For the Season

Nov 22, 2004
Humboldt County CA
Some Tight Cuts

It's Alive-Tech 9, Check My Record-Veterans Click, Miller Time(or whatever the name of the song is)-Rich The Factor, Playa Shit-Vell Bakardi, Ball With Me-Bombsquad, In My City-Trajik feat. Hobo Tone, Bo Champ, Tech 9 & Krizz Kaliko, Goodness (oh my god)-Ducoh, Livin' Kinda Fast-Swell, Take Away-Royalty

Nov 30, 2003
www.kcghostt.com
Ghetto Kaos "For The Real Onez"
Big B "Death Wish"
Incognito "Incognito"
Who Wride "Twisted"
Vell Bakardy "Daddys Lil Angel"
57 RDVs "It's On Now"
HustlaMade Bugzy "Murder Fest"
Tech N9ne "Mitch Bade"
Black Walt "Rulez To Da Game"
Southside Posse "Southside Of The Zou"

..and a buncha other shit..

kc greatest hits needa be like a 6 disc album.. so much underground and older shit around kc, fools just dont know.

"murder dog presents kansas city" was about the weakest representation of kc i could imagin..

May 9, 2003
www.soundclick.com
ghostt said:
Ghetto Kaos "For The Real Onez"
Big B "Death Wish"
Incognito "Incognito"
Who Wride "Twisted"
Vell Bakardy "Daddys Lil Angel"
57 RDVs "It's On Now"
HustlaMade Bugzy "Murder Fest"
Tech N9ne "Mitch Bade"
Black Walt "Rulez To Da Game"
Southside Posse "Southside Of The Zou"

..and a buncha other shit..

kc greatest hits needa be like a 6 disc album.. so much underground and older shit around kc, fools just dont know.

"murder dog presents kansas city" was about the weakest representation of kc i could imagin..
classic songs right....
and i bump damn there every song up there and yeah fuck that murder dog shit that made kc look bad... :dead: DJ Loon and JLaw Present KC's Finest Coming Soon.... Both Versions Regular Speed and Looned n Chopped....

Aug 18, 2002
ghostt said:

First off, MurderDog Comp = horrible. Secondly, notice that in first post of the thread I mentioned tracks that "classics" or songs that a wide range of people might know. Not just your favorite tracks from KC artists. Believe me, I ain't any fool and I DO know. And 6 discs probabl wouldn't do it.

Nov 30, 2003
www.kcghostt.com
what do you mean by a wide range of people? most KC shit doesnt reach farther than st louis, other than a handful of artists. the shit they play on the radio like So Heavy aint nothin i would realy put on a KC greatest hits list, pretty much all of KC's REAL hits are strictly local underground hits... so rather than calling it KC greatest hits, you should rename it to KC greatest radio hits that everyone knows.. all the tracks i named ARE classics, and everyone who knows about kc rap should know about all or most of em..

Aug 18, 2002
ghostt said:
what do you mean by a wide range of people? most KC shit doesnt reach farther than st louis, other than a handful of artists. the shit they play on the radio like So Heavy aint nothin i would realy put on a KC greatest hits list, pretty much all of KC's REAL hits are strictly local underground hits... so rather than calling it KC greatest hits, you should rename it to KC greatest radio hits that everyone knows.. all the tracks i named ARE classics, and everyone who knows about kc rap should know about all or most of em..
True. But classic to who? You and the people your cool with? I'm just saying thers a lot of tracks I know or listen to that I might consider a classic track, but no many other people would necessarily know it. All love, you make good points though.

Nov 30, 2003
www.kcghostt.com
if someone was to make a real, classic KC compilation, not some murder dog bullshit, would you only want to hear shit that was on the radio, and everyone knows, or would you want to see more shit alot of people havent been exposed to? personally i would consider all of what i named classic KC rap.

im sure if you were to ask niggas like XtaC and The Popper what they would consider classic KC, half the shit they would name would be shit like i listed, shit that hit on the underground that you can bump all day and not get played out, not a couple tracks with a catchy hook that sticks in your head all day after hearin it once.

i respect your opinion, but to me, older KC shit will forever be the greatest

Nov 6, 2004
ghostt said:
if someone was to make a real, classic KC compilation, not some murder dog bullshit, would you only want to hear shit that was on the radio, and everyone knows, or would you want to see more shit alot of people havent been exposed to? personally i would consider all of what i named classic KC rap.

im sure if you were to ask niggas like XtaC and The Popper what they would consider classic KC, half the shit they would name would be shit like i listed, shit that hit on the underground that you can bump all day and not get played out, not a couple tracks with a catchy hook that sticks in your head all day after hearin it once.

i respect your opinion, but to me, older KC shit will forever be the greatest
dont forget there was that sho me state playaz compilation with artists from KC and STL but i think that compilation and murder dog were the only 2 compilations that KC has had.