Just joined a gym

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
fuck a gym, i basically got all i need in my garage. I only like going to the gym for the sauna and to check out girls

just wish i could squeeze in more workout time in, I only really do it on the weekends. I spend my weekdays working and going to school solid through the week

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
How so?

I guess you can... if you have an entire 24 hour fitness in your garage

you have a lot more options to switch shit up in a gym with every type of machine, dumbell, barbell, bench, etc... that you need

then if you have a bench press and a couple dumbells in your garage

Jul 29, 2008
here's my routine

Day 1: Chest, triceps, Shoulders (delts)
Day 2: Legs
Day 3: Back, biceps, forearms
I got that iron gym(door setup for pull ups), but at night, I like to do push ups, jump rope and sit ups before I go to sleep.

I do some distance running and also sprints ( i like the gorilla cardio.. but its too much for me)

I'll go swimming at another 24 hr fitness every so often(one by me doesnt have one, even though its a super sport).

I also to go LA boxing, a BJJ gym and Sambo most of the week. Surfing and Hiking every couple weeks.

I just joined a gym through my company.

Tell me if this sounds like a good deal. $24/month with no sign up fee @ 24/hr fitness.

I guess since its through my company they nocked off hella money. What are the regular prices for this shit?
If you got a Sport pass (access to all gyms except Irvine) that's about right. I think regular price is about 70-80 bucks a month.

I got the same deal kuz I work at UCSF medical center.

Jul 29, 2008
How do you work legs (if you do), like leg abduction and adduction?

I guess the gym has more options and obviously more weights and machines to work with.

But if your home gym works for you, good. I had a basic bench press, but besides flat and incline, I couldnt get decline.

Feb 23, 2003
WHAT ABOUT PUSH-UPS?? I WEIGHT ABOUT 213LBS WAS ALMOST 250LBS BUT LOST ALOT OF WEIGHT WORKIN AT FEDEX GROUND (the best cardio on earth)

Feb 18, 2005
i weighed 235 2 months ago, since then ive been workin out lol (lightly lifting weights everynight) and my day job is all physical plus i cut wayyy back on drankin brew..ive lost 15 pounds

Jan 5, 2006
best overall workout, and i cant say this enough.. SQUATS! step your squat game up.. it's essential also for learning proper form on how to lift heavy things. Practice with an empty bar until you get your form/technique down.. then add weight gradually.. otherwise you could fuck up your back.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
best overall workout, and i cant say this enough.. SQUATS! step your squat game up.. it's essential also for learning proper form on how to lift heavy things. Practice with an empty bar until you get your form/technique down.. then add weight gradually.. otherwise you could fuck up your back.
he is not lying...

people don't realize their upper body will also get way bigger from doing squats

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
How so?

I guess you can... if you have an entire 24 hour fitness in your garage

you have a lot more options to switch shit up in a gym with every type of machine, dumbell, barbell, bench, etc... that you need

then if you have a bench press and a couple dumbells in your garage
You dont need more options to switch up your routine. Gains can be made by simply changing your sets and reps, increasing workout density by taking less time between sets each week, vary your grip on benching, switch from back squats to front squats or try hack or zercher squats etc... you do not need 50 different machines to make gains.

How do you work legs (if you do), like leg abduction and adduction?

I guess the gym has more options and obviously more weights and machines to work with.

But if your home gym works for you, good. I had a basic bench press, but besides flat and incline, I couldnt get decline.
I dont have a home gym I go to a commercial gym. But what can be done at a gym can be done at home. As for working legs, its called squating. All you need is a power rack and a barbell and some weights.

:ab:

blunt_hogg559
Jul 6, 2005
i have always been under the impression that muscle is heavier by volume than fat. at least, that's what google says. i bow before google. google.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
You dont need more options to switch up your routine. Gains can be made by simply changing your sets and reps, increasing workout density by taking less time between sets each week, vary your grip on benching, switch from back squats to front squats or try hack or zercher squats etc... you do not need 50 different machines to make gains.
agreed

you CAN... but you can't deny you still do have more options in a gym...

not only that... it's more convenient... besides driving there and back...

I dunno... I get free membership, and my gym doesn't get really crowded like 24 hour fitness and shit.... so I guess it's easy for me to say

I always said fuck working out at home... also I would get distracted... I'd be workin out in my garage... then go inside to get some water... get distracted by the TV or some shit... and waste hella time... I go to the gym and just wanna get in and get out... usually in an hour or less... unless I'm doin cardio (besides a 10 min. warm up)

Sep 24, 2007
I'm going to go today at lunch and check it out. I was going to just start off running a mile or for about an hour on the tred mill every day to build up endurance. Once I get use to the running I'll start with everything else.

I've gotten lazy lately and my main issue is sticking with the workouts. I was lifting weights at home every day but I get lazy so now that I've got money invested I've got to go. That's my main reason for doing this. I know if I've got money on it I'm going to do it.