Just joined a gym

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 13, 2004
Fat is bulky and lumpy so if you carry an extra five pounds of fat, you'll be lumpier than with five pounds more muscle. A five pound pile of fat will take up more space (meaning volume) than a five pound pile of muscle; but five pounds is still five pounds bruh.

Sep 18, 2006
^you gonna hafta do a lot of cardio fool if u wanna lose that much weight. Cause liftin weights aint gonna help you lose weight. Muscle weights more than fat

you couldn't be more fucking wrong. Lifting weights gains muscle, and muscle constantly helps you burn fat. your metabolism goes up big time. however you also need to hit the cardio up too, don't only lift weights. i had a routine where i was doing 40-50 minutes of cardio and about 45 minutes of weights 3-4 days a week and i went from 203 to 168 in a matter of 4 months. I am 6'0 by the way. i have been lazy and not gone to the gym in a while but i just got a new membership. I have since gained and am now 175 but still in good shape. I am going to start hitting up the gym tough wit my brother cuz he got outta prison hes got some pointers to show me.

Jan 5, 2006
if he did cardio ONLY he would not only burn fat but muscle.. lifting weights would build muscle but burn fat. But cardio and lifting weights go hand in hand. Ever seen some dudes who are all muscular upper body but have chicken legs? lol

Mar 26, 2006
fuck a gym, I got my own shit in the garage, chest 5 sets monday day + walk, arms 5 sets + situps tuesday, mixed cardio wednesday, Legs thursday 4 sets, Friday situps about 250 and a walk, sat & sun eat like a pig and bum around, repeat

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I got free gym membership... so it's good

only problem with working out at home is you can't get as much of a variety of work outs

here's my routine

Day 1: Legs, abs
Day 2: Chest, triceps
Day 3: Shoulders, abs
Day 4: Back, biceps, forearms

I only do 10 minutes of cardio to warm up every day before I work out... I don't give a fuck about stayin slim right now... it's winter time... I'm just tryin to pack on the pounds... hit the weights and eat

and as far as burning calories by lifting weights... you can burn a lot of calories actually...

f you do super sets you'll get your heart rate way up, you can burn more calories doin that than you can with cardio

May 11, 2002
First of all. It does not matter what you do either weights or cardio if your DIET is not in check. If your diet is not in check your wasting your time.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
since when does lifting weights not burn fat? if u have man titties its gonna take some bench presses to get those puppies where the were meant to be.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
My routine

Monday - 300 cal. Cardio - Biceps - Chest
Wednesday - 300 cal. Cardio - Legs - Triceps
Thursday - 300 cal. Cardio - Shoulders - Back
Sunday - Run 3.5 Miles around the Lake.

Been cuttin back on the junk food too tho.