just clearing sum shit up about the welcome to the midwest remix

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 26, 2002
JohnB405 said:
no he doesn't.. it's whoever owns the rights to the song..
that and who has the right to use the name and likeness of "Twista"

...which should be strange music since it's tech's song...
now, normally strange music would own the (p)-rights to the song. [(p)rights include the performances, not "compositions" on a song or a record and these are usually owned by the financial producer ie the record company]

but usually not the (c)-rights, meaning if twista wrote original lyrics on it he would probably want a portion of the (c)-rights as a "song/lyric writer" to collect from ASCAP/BMI or through a publisher.

Sep 17, 2003
in10city_131x said:
let him record? you think they have twista on a leash?
metaphorically yes, i guess cuz that's how the big guys play...

I know what you mean, and I think you and I are are viewing this thing the same way. I was just saying it one, to be sarcastic; and two, because it's just frustrating. :ermm:

Feb 17, 2006
need to get trav to show up at one of the atlantic exec's houses in the middle of the night and do/say whatever he did to don juan back in the day to get the anghellic masters

Sep 17, 2003
the.know.how said:
need to get trav to show up at one of the atlantic exec's houses in the middle of the night and do/say whatever he did to don juan back in the day to get the anghellic masters

Now THAT made me laugh out loud... I hope you are completely kidding.