just clearing sum shit up about the welcome to the midwest remix

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 10, 2006
from what i hear, twistas verse is NOT going to be featured in the video nor will he be appearing in it. atlantic wont clear the verse. and the only way they do is if its on the new twista album slated for this summer, which is unlikely since the album is already done. thats sum straight up info from liffy from the mobstaz. ill let yall know if anything changes with all of that.

Jan 17, 2007
I downloaded deamons also, that means its REAL

Its not really a remix if its just an added verse, so i dont really care

Sep 17, 2003
Get it DONE.

I personally don't give a damn what it takes... if Strange is convinced that Welcome to the Midwest is THE way to go, they need to do anything and everything to make it happen. Don't let this speed bump become a mountain. :eyecross:

Why is there such a problem if Atlantic wants the track on Twista's new album? I would think Tech would jump at the opportunity to open up his music to even more people.

Feb 17, 2006
soulwinnerrj said:
I personally don't give a damn what it takes... if Strange is convinced that Welcome to the Midwest is THE way to go, they need to do anything and everything to make it happen. Don't let this speed bump become a mountain. :eyecross:

Why is there such a problem if Atlantic wants the track on Twista's new album? I would think Tech would jump at the opportunity to open up his music to even more people.
money...atlantic needs to pay for this shit too. tech aint gonna shell out the money for making all the music (beat, collabo money, etc) then fork over dough to make a video if twista getting this shit for free or damn near it

Jul 7, 2002
soulwinnerrj said:
I'm guessing Atlantic proly just wants a shit ton of money for the verse, and that can be a major issue...simple as that.

Jan 2, 2006
soulwinnerrj said:

I agree.
But the answer to your question was answered.
"the only way they do is if its on the new twista album slated for this summer, which is unlikely since the album is already done."

Sep 17, 2003
Heat Myser said:
I'm guessing Atlantic proly just wants a shit ton of money for the verse, and that can be a major issue...simple as that.

Then why the hell did they let him record it in the first place? Seems kinda odd... I still don't see what would be wrong with letting Twista use it on his album.

But my point again is that if they think that Twista will take them farther than they have ever gone before, why not do it? I just don't see how they could go wrong (if it's done right). Hell yeah, it might take a shit load of money, but I do believe they have the money. It just frustrates me to no end, that's all.

Sep 17, 2003
Disastxr said:
I agree.
But the answer to your question was answered.
"the only way they do is if its on the new twista album slated for this summer, which is unlikely since the album is already done."

I understand, man... but realistically, how you gonna tell Travis, "Okay Mr. O'Guin, no problem. The record label does want the track to be on Twista's new album."

Travis responds, "That almost sounds too good to be true"

The negotiator replies, "Ahhh, that's because it is, Mr. O'guin. You see, Twista's new album is already completed and there's zero chance that it can be pulled back at this point."

So something is going on there... but if Strange yet again gets screwed, where do they go from there? :ermm:

Jan 17, 2007
soulwinnerrj said:
Then why the hell did they let him record it in the first place? Seems kinda odd... I still don't see what would be wrong with letting Twista use it on his album.

But my point again is that if they think that Twista will take them farther than they have ever gone before, why not do it? I just don't see how they could go wrong (if it's done right). Hell yeah, it might take a shit load of money, but I do believe they have the money. It just frustrates me to no end, that's all.
Because if the track were a hit, and they had no video for it, twista would get no publicity

Since twista is on the track he also has the right, i suppose, not to let it be released

Sep 22, 2006
i dunno but i doubt itll b on the album, he only has a verse which means it aint his song, not him on hook or him on more than one verse but maybe as a bonus track it would come out

Jan 11, 2007
sobman said:
Since twista is on the track he also has the right, i suppose, not to let it be released
no he doesn't.. it's whoever owns the rights to the song.. which should be strange music since it's tech's song...

Sep 26, 2002
soulwinnerrj said:
let him record? you think they have twista on a leash?
metaphorically yes, i guess cuz that's how the big guys play... they probably have a deal that says Twista (either under that name or all the names the real legal person might go by) is exclusively recording for atlantic for the duration of the contract.

it's sad that atlantic doesnt see Welcome to the Midwest as great promotion for twista. which if they did, they could probably work around the rule