JT BIGGA FIGGA REACHES 100 ALBUMS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 12, 2002
Congrats Fig. We all might not agree with you on how you handle your business and release albums, but nobody can deny that you were and still are essential to the bay area rap and that what you have done is a milestone for the bay area. Keep hustlin.

Oct 25, 2003
95 of them sucked, you even said in an interview "the way to make money is to keep grinding and putting out a album every few months"

thats bullshit to me, you might have had a major influence in the bay, but the way you put together and release albums is bullshit

props for getting your money, i cant hate on you for that

Feb 14, 2004
proud to say that i picked up alot of those 100 albums that dropped and dig'd most of them. that's alot of accomplishments.

Feb 19, 2003
Sick Wid It said:
Dr. Dre does the opposite and he's got himself several hundred million.

Good point! But Dre has major distributors that can AFFORD to get him video/airplay, promotions, etc. needed to sell millions w/ one CD at a time. Death Row from '93/'95 was distributed by Interscope and Time Warner (although Time Warner dropped them after the Bob Dole/C. Delores Tucker disaster), and I think Aftermath/ Interscope/Shady, etc. is distributed by Universal. So even if Dre, Banks, Buck, etc. makes a CD that's a piece of shit, it'll most likely still create a buzz, because they have the distribution and scrilla needed to "create" hits. JT more-or-less puts his stuff out independently, except for when he was w/ Priority, and Bayside was only able to do so much...He probably can't afford to rely on one CD's sales at a time, like a Dre or an Eminem can (i.e., PROJECT POETRY, for instance, probably sold in the thousands, but not the millions).

Not saying one approach is better than the other, and whatever one thinks of JT's or Dre's catalogue is a matter of personal taste. Just saying that it's always easier to MAKE more millions on one CD at at time when you already HAVE the multiple millions to spend, like Dre and his distributors combined probably do (the expression, "you have to SPEND money to MAKE money" applies here). Whatever the method, I hope both artists continue to succeed.

PEACE!

May 5, 2002
^ROFL, lets not get into a Dre vs JT debate as far as who has the better catalogue over their career. C'mon now, that goes beyond taste. Props to JT tho for the hustle because it is relentless. I prolly only feel like 10 of those 100 albums tho....

Feb 19, 2003
Snubnoze said:
^ROFL, lets not get into a Dre vs JT debate as far as who has the better catalogue over their career. C'mon now, that goes beyond taste. Props to JT tho for the hustle because it is relentless. I prolly only feel like 10 of those 100 albums tho....
Naw naw...No debate was intended on my part...it's cool. I was only pointing out differences between the situations the two men are in as far as what they can (probably) afford to do in terms of getting their products to sell as they do. Both approaches work, and they should continue to do what's best for them as individuals. It's all good.

PEACE!

Apr 25, 2002
sav-man said:
But Dre has major distributors that can AFFORD to get him video/airplay, promotions, etc. needed to sell millions w/ one CD at a time.
Only thing I'll comment on... NWA & Eazy E sold a million+ without any of that so while that stuff does in fact help, it's not required.

You can criticize JT's product and his get-rich schemes but you can't knock the fact that they've seemed to work for him. Whether or not it's good all-around advice, that's for you cats to decide for yourselves.

It's a cold business and I'll congratulate anyone who finds success in it.