Jazz Vs. Spurs1st Round WC Playoffs

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Which team advances?

• Spurs in 4

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Spurs in 5

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Spurs in 6

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Spurs 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jazz in 4

• Jazz in 5

• Jazz in 6

• Jazz in 7

• Total voters
Feb 14, 2004
Jazz Vs. Spurs 1st Round WC Playoffs

The top seed San Antonio Spurs will meet up with the eight seed Utah Jazz in the first game of their series on Sunday night.

Spurs’ big three is healthier than in the regular season and will be present in the entire playoffs.

Last year, the Spurs fell down agains the eight seeded Memphis Grizzlies but they will be sure that will not happen again.

“A big part of that is obviously the young guys that have stepped in — guys like Kawhi Leonard and Danny Green, and Tiago Splitter, in his second year, has really come into his own,” said Matt Bonner, the Red Rocket. “And we made some good pickups with Stephen Jackson, Boris Diaw and Patty Mills, which has given us a lot of depth with this condensed schedule, let us manage minutes, and everybody’s contributing.”

On the other had, the Jazz barely made it to the eight seed when Houston dropped down six straight games and beat the Phoenix Suns to ensure their position.

“I don’t ever want to sound like, ‘I told you so.’ But at the beginning of the year, we talked about this not being a rebuilding year,” O’Connor told the Salt Lake Tribune. “I thought Al Jefferson and Devin Harris and Paul Millsap could carry us through. And I thought the young kids could bounce back and play a little bit better than they did a year ago. … We just felt we were better than everyone else thought we were, and it’s nice to come out of that.”

http://www.mirosport.net/2012/basketball/42875/spurs-vs-jazz-first-round-preview/

Apr 20, 2003
Hopefully Tiago Splitter can heal his sprained wrist soon cuz we're going to need him in the next round if we advance.... Spurs in 5 or 6! Choose 6 due to the Tiago being out

Apr 20, 2003
Stephen A. Smith is a jackass..... Not saying Tiago is great but he adds size to our team and we're going to need that to advance against team with length!

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Spurs came into the playoffs hot and well rested...I thought Utah would give them more of a fight than this..Utah has some talented players but San Antionio is just to deep...I think they are gonna rep the West..

Dallas is playing OKC real tough right now. Maybe OKC is jittery and when they work it out will be the team to beat..But as of now SA is trouble..

corinthian

Just Win Baby!!!
Feb 23, 2006
3rd ID
utah sucked in the regular season and they suck now, no surprise at all. I've always said, as long as pop and duncan are there, you can't count out the spurs.

Apr 20, 2003
By the look of things we might be getting the Clippers next..... Series aint over yet but they got the commanding lead 3 games to 1.