jay-z dissin tha bay??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
lyrically NAS was more complex on "ETHER" hittin on sum hard shit killed JAY in that catagorey(msp?) but as far a punchlines and wit JAY took that one. both tight tracks. battles bring out the best in rappers lyrically.

Jan 25, 2003
Sydal said:
Jay Z saying he fucked Nas's girl is just another way he's trying to be like Pac. Jay might have murdered Nas in the battle, but who's more original??? It sure as fuck isn't Jay....not only that, he bites a cat who couldn't stand to see his ass breathe
even tho its true that he fucked his girl you stupid piece of shit?

jay won hands down -- nas won on hot 97 radio call in poll 58% to 42% -- but keep in mind this was hours after ETHER (a whole song at jay) was released, and the shock value from takeover (which only had one verse at nas but still belittled his whole career) had simmered down since it dropped in september

May 29, 2002
tth.dmusic.com
CcytzO Loc said:
fucc Nas and Jay Z for thinkin they somethin holy when they both just two loud mouth mafuccaz that God probably ashamed ta have rep his identity.....
and Sydal on point....Jay Z been bitin Pac and shit lately and even claimed that rappers use his name in vain......wtf?????? I dont recall Pac ever callin off his beef wit Jay before he died so what makes Gay hova think its coo ta take Pacs shit and ta kiss his dead ass????
^^^TRUE^^^

Apr 25, 2002
YoungVicious said:

"Cuz you don't understand him, it dont mean that he's nice...just mean you dont understand all the bullshit that he writes
Sorry dogg, but I always thought that line was just plain STUPID.

Why do you ask? Because it's not like Nas is flowing in encryptic code or something, I can understand him just fine!

Apr 25, 2002
Willy Jones said:
Man listen to what they SAID - the grand total:

Jay-z said:

- Nas did not get paid off his first 4 albums.
- His bodyguard had a better verse than he on Oochie wally.
- He hasn't dropped a hot album 1992.
- He fucked Nas current girl recently and left nutty rubbers on his baby seat.
- He ran away out the back of the studio when the Roc came through to do a song.
- He tries to drop "knowledge" but conducts himself businesswise and in his personal life like he's a child.
- He was all the way in France and still had enough influence to not let disrespect him at Summerjam.
- Jay-Z didn't say that, and of course Nas got paid from his albums.
- That's an opinion. The verse that Nas spit was a freestyle anyway.
- It Was Written was borderline classic and I Am... was a solid release. Nastradamus got a lot of hate because he did a joint with Ginuwine, but I actually like the whole record except for three tracks. By the way, Nas didn't even drop an album until 1994.
- So just because Jay-Z got Nas' girl in bed makes him a better rapper and the winner of the battle?
- He didn't even say that in either of his diss tracks. Seeing the mistakes you've made regarding lyrics so far, I gotta ask: what were you on when you listened to those tracks?
- You can't be knowledgable and business smart? WTF?
- Hot 97 wouldn't let Nas perform at Summerjam.

Look, let's put it this way. Jay-Z even ADMITTED on the song "Blueprint 2" that he lost. Peep the lyrics:
"I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
But I will not lose, for even in defeat
There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me.
"

Jay-Z got served and even he knows it. 'Nuff said.

Apr 25, 2002
Tweak said:

Sorry dogg, but I always thought that line was just plain STUPID.

Why do you ask? Because it's not like Nas is flowing in encryptic code or something, I can understand him just fine!
lol...I actually agree with you. In fact, Ive always been able to understand Nas' lyrics better than Jay's. I just included that line cuz it fit with the one after it, which was tight punch.

May 13, 2002
Tweak said:

- Hot 97 wouldn't let Nas perform at Summerjam.

Jay-Z got served and even he knows it. 'Nuff said.
really Nas wanted to rap ether and then during the song he wanted to bring out a doll that looked like jay-z and then hang it has if he killed it...and hot 97 wouldnt let him do that..so nas walked...

anyways...Nas killed jay...listen to ether..and the stillmatic freestyle (h to the omo)... nas killed him on every track he did...but...nas has got killed in a battle before..the battle he had with cormega put Nas to shame but thats off subject...

nas killed jay...period.

Apr 26, 2002
ComputerNerd said:
i don't know why people think Jay z and nas is weak ? listen to their shit.......they actually talk about shit........yeah yeah, they from the east, who cares where they are from..........who cares they on the radio!!!!!!!........

i got as much bay love as anyone on this board...........shit i work with these bay cats........but jay z and nas and others u hear on the radio are just on another level..... not saying they are more talanted than some artists out in the west..........but they know what it takes to get to the top

juss my opinion......
and well said if i may add............give respect where respect is due.....look at the numbers there making(jay-z) tell me he is weak......he struggled like all of us, but he took a step foward and made it happen....now look at the money he makes , look at his album sales........i mean damn if he so weak but sells that many units and gets that much respect WORLDWIDE .....really got me questioned?now that's just my opinion.......

Playa-T

Feb 19, 2003
I hear wut your sayin' high speed. that said, nas is way tighter, been doin' this for way longer, and is way more respected by real folks. jay does have some heaters but he constantly steals BIG's lyrics. Jay moves a shitload of units for the same reason gay ass Ja rule moves alot of units. Real gangsters from NY to the Bay know this

Apr 26, 2002
no way in hell to compare softy ja to jay........my opinion.....ja was tired found out making bitch songs sells and now he's retiring after he's been paid nice......jay is way above nas to me, don't get me wrong nas spit some hot shit, but to me jay is like eminem in a way, he makes you think about what he's saying and puts a picture to it all unlike nas who uses big words and phrases to make him sound like a genius......my opinion though.peace.

Playa-T

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Tweak said:

- He ran away out the back of the studio when the Roc came through to do a song.

- He didn't even say that in either of his diss tracks. Seeing the mistakes you've made regarding lyrics so far, I gotta ask: what were you on when you listened to those tracks?
Listen to Super Ugly and you'll hear what he's talkin about.