JACKA Tha Jack Artist..... NAS Illamtic???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 9, 2005
How good is the Jack Artist??? Good enough to remind me of Nas's Illmatic (hailed by many as a legendary street classic.)

I'm not sayin' RobLo's beats sound like a Premier beat, or Jacka's some "lyrical genius" like Nas. I'm talking, the vibe, the feel, and the heart of The Jack Artist is on the same level of Illmatic. They say "imitation is the sincerist form of flattery" but that isn't the case here, because we all know Jacka's style is all his own. The Jack Artist is 100% Bay shit, but like Illmatic, both records will have you knodding your head regardless what coast you live on.

Nas's Illmatic had 10 classic tracks. Now take 10 tracks from the Jack Artist (I go with 1-6, 16-19) Add that shit up and you got 20 classic tracks to ride to, to smoke to, and to get deep to (like meditation.)

And the similarites don't stop there, check the album cover of both records...

I'm seeing "big things" for the cats up in Pittsburg...

Mar 6, 2005
dont know about jacka being in the same lyrical level as nas mayn. jacka aint even the best lyricist on his group, Fed-X has the best lyrics of all the mob figaz members. jacka recyles alot of punch lines. but i do agree that "the jack artist" is a fucking classic.

Apr 25, 2002
Jacka is killin shit with his new album but it really ain't fair to compare it with Illmatic. Come on man, that's one of the best albums in hip-hop history period.

Feb 27, 2005
IM SURE MOST OF US ARE BIAS, BECAUSE IF U AROUND THE SAME AGE AS ME (23) U WAS IN GRADE 7-8 WHEN ILLMATIC DROPPED AND U WAS A YOUNG DUDE GROWIN UP ON RAP-THAT ALBUM WAS DOPE COS THATS WHEN WE STARTED GETTIN INTO LIFE SITUATIONS 4 OURSELVES, AND WE LIKED THE SHIT WE HEARD. IT GOT NAS FAMOUS.
JACKA IS MY FAVORITE SOLO ARTIST RIGHT NOW AND I DONT EVEN REALLY LISTEN TO NAS ANYMORE. I CANT COMPARE THIS.

100-

Jan 24, 2004
that nigga is sick but he cant get the credit he suposed to get if niggas always compare to a new york or mainstream and say he suposed to be this that but he not this and he that.niggas are right he got his own style it time them nigs get credit all them yukmou,40,jacka,messy marv,

Feb 9, 2005
Read post carefully people... Jacka is not a "lyrical genius" like Nas

That's cool you folks recognize Illmatic as a classic, cuz then you might be able to feel me when I say when it comes to the vibe, the reflection, the the realness etc etc.
both albums feel the same (if I take the strongest 10 cuts from The Jack Artist, cuz Illmatic only had 10 cuts) And you let me tell it, I never really felt Jacka's first album... but I'm digging the new down-tempo shit with his flow (goes together like cookies and milk)

BOTTOM LINE: The Jack Artist brings back memories of 1994 (don't put too much on it)
I'm diggin where Jacka's taking his new shit, and if he keeps "stepping it up" it will be a beautiful thing, not just for the Bay, but for that real street shit in general!

Feb 9, 2005
hardwayout said:
that nigga is sick but he cant get the credit he suposed to get if niggas always compare to a new york or mainstream and say he suposed to be this that but he not this and he that.niggas are right he got his own style it time them nigs get credit all them yukmou,40,jacka,messy marv,
I agree 100%... like I said, "Jacka has a style all is own" and needs to be recognized as a potential great (as do a others from the Bay.)

Oct 25, 2003
good thread,glad to see that i'm not the only one who gives this album it's just due...........

I wouldn't compare this album to Illmatic,but i get the feeling the thread starter is trying to convey,it's the feeling you get from listening to the album.It's very cohesive,it all flows together and builds off the prior song.Rob Lo is the best producer in the Yay right now,his beats are extremely melodic,and Jacka's flow fits them to a tee.His flow reminds me of a West Coast Cormega.

I'm also a big fan of how Jack injects consciousness into his lyrics,it's refreshing to hear.......

My only minor criticism is that it needed more verses from Jack himslf...........

Definitely a yay classic,and one of the best albums of the year in general so far!

Dec 13, 2004
www.connectedinc.net
the jack artist is a solid album and if compared to any album it should be his first album. you can hear the maturity in his flows as well as the game dude knows. jacka has that underground main sream sound if that makes sense and is an album to buy.

Feb 9, 2005
it's the feeling you get from listening to the album.It's very cohesive,it all flows together and builds off the prior song.Rob Lo is the best producer in the Yay right now,his beats are extremely melodic,and Jacka's flow fits them to a tee..

you said it better than me

May 16, 2004
Jacka's definately a great rapper. I dont seem to understand the style of his hooks though. To me its like he is just talking when it comes to his hooks. Not all the hooks though. His 16's though are the shit. Im sure he will continue to mature and develop though.

Apr 25, 2002
yea I brought this cd down to puerto rico ridin to it in the rental and everybody was feelin it. jacka definately aint lyrical "real big like godzilla and kingkong in the same room" but i feel he still came with some heat and RobLo no doubt has a refreshing sound, i havint been jockin an album like this in a while, i like how he likes to switch it up, gettin bone thugs and harmony style on the hooks