is this a good headset mic combo

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 3, 2006
www.myspace.com
K, I don't need a top of the line home studio, just some decent headphones and a decent mic for quick freestyles. We want them to sound good quality, because we are recording in a studio anyway. But for freestyles and stuff we don't want to pay, so will this work:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7651784&type=product&id=1134699671497

I know it's a combo, but if the beat plays in the headphones without interupting the mic it's fine right?

Mar 17, 2006
Young Tre said:
K, I don't need a top of the line home studio, just some decent headphones and a decent mic for quick freestyles. We want them to sound good quality, because we are recording in a studio anyway. But for freestyles and stuff we don't want to pay, so will this work:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7651784&type=product&id=1134699671497

I know it's a combo, but if the beat plays in the headphones without interupting the mic it's fine right?

not really.

The quality for the mic is bound to horrible, "Noise-rejecting microphone produces clearer recordings and better Web chat" is a dead giveaway.

You'd be better off spending that $50 on a better mic, and you'd be really really really better off by spending about $90 on a Shure SM-57, you'll be thanking yourself for the next 20 years. It's rugged, sounds great, can be used for miking ANYTHING and are often used for rap in MAJOR studios where they have $3,000 mics available. Of course this is being used with expensive preamps, so I'm not saying you'll get major studio sounding vocals, but it's a damn good mic.

STRATEGY

Jan 5, 2006
lol i bought some cyber acoustics from staples a while back.. for 9.99 they record real fuckin good.. and are indestructable.. i dont use it to record tho.. just chop it up with some homies instead of wastin minutes on my cell.