Is Strange ever going to expand East?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 20, 2008
Started in the Midwest of course, worked its way out West with Lynch, Jay Rock, and formerly Cognito, then headed South with Young Bleed. The next logical step would be East, right?

Jun 20, 2008
lol why does it have to be thought out in direction ? why not just on talent.
The signings of Young Bleed and Jay Rock show clearly, at least in my opinion, that Tech and Trav are more interested in expanding markets in new locations rather than focusing on talent.

Dec 14, 2005
More people on the east coast are gettin hip to tech.. after the wayne collab I had a bunch of heads come up to me sayin "yeah man you wasnt lying bout dude tech n9ne.. he went in"

I been tellin these mafuckas forever.. all it took was a wayne feature and now theyre all about it

Roz

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2009
www.facebook.com
Didnt Strange already try the whole Ill Bill thing?

Yep, when he was about to drop his "The Hour of Reprisal" album, he was shopping for a label. That's when Strange put him on tour, and it looked like he was going to sign, but went with Suburban Noize instead. Right now, I don't see him signing any long-term deals with a label because he does well on one-contract distribution deals and handles the rest through his own imprint, Uncle Howie Records.

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
Ill Bill took his album to Fat Beats, not Suburban Noize. La Coka signed as a group with Subnoize.

I'm out of line by saying Strange should've just given what Bill asked for, but here was an already established hip-hop artist with a hot album full of buzzworthy features, whose fanbase is made up of that fraction of hip-hop fans who (a good deal of anyway) didn't really mess with Tech's music like that. Bill would've been the second biggest seller on Strange even before Lynch jumped onboard.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Strange doesn't even develop their markets by touring the East Coast. Why the hell would they acquire artists from an area unsaturated with their own product?

Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
Strange needs to focus on the talent they have and regain the recipe already! They need to quit signing these douchers. There are more "hood" artists on Strange than not. It's crap. The strongest release I've heard from Strange in the last year was Kutt's EP and that makes me frown :(