IS IT POSSIBLE FOR A BAY GROUP TO MAKE GOOD ALBUM WITHOUT BAY PRODUCERS???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DOES A BAY ALBUM HAVE TO HAVE BAY PRODUCERS TO BE HOT???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
AS WE BEGIN WORK ON OUR NEW RUFF RYDER PROJECT WE ARE SIFTING THROUGH BEAT CD'S. AS WE GO THROUGH PRODUCERS WE ARE HEARING A LOT OF HOT TRACKS BUT NONE OF THE PRODUCERS ARE FROM THE BAY. WE HAVE BAY PRODUCERS THAT WE HAVE USED IN THE PAST THAT WE ARE GOING TO USE AGAIN, BUT MY QUESTION IS....

CAN A BAY GROUP MAKE A HOT BAY ALBUM WITHOUT A BAY PRODUCER???

NONE OF THE "BIG NAME" BAY CATS REALLY GOT AT US BEFORE, SO IM SURE THEY WON'T START REACHING OUT NOW. WE ALWAYS FELT, AS LONG AS YOU REPRESENT LYRICALLY, IT DOESNT MATTER WHO MAKES THE TRACK AS LONG AS ITS HOT. WHAT DO YALL THINK

Mar 4, 2006
It all depends what kind of sound and vibe you're going for.
Let me ask you this. How do you think a Jacka cd would sound if Kanye West did all of the beats?

Dec 20, 2003
yeah man it will work for sure its all about how u make the track i luv when people do sutmhin outside the box or test there creativity it has been done before a perfect example is ice cube he used a PE production crew from the east coast and it went down as one of the greatest albums of all time and if i were you D cash being that u are already at RR fuck with Dame Grease that dude is so nice wit it man yall would tear that up but anyways yeah man that def works a variety of production and producers from different areas thats what music is all about pz

Feb 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
Daddy Rich said:
yeah man it will work for sure its all about how u make the track i luv when people do sutmhin outside the box or test there creativity it has been done before a perfect example is ice cube he used a PE production crew from the east coast and it went down as one of the greatest albums of all time and if i were you D cash being that u are already at RR fuck with Dame Grease that dude is so nice wit it man yall would tear that up but anyways yeah man that def works a variety of production and producers from different areas thats what music is all about pz
YEAH WE MET DAME IN NY....COOL CAT, BUT HE IS TRYING TO STEP BACK ON PRODUCTION AND BE MORE OF A LABEL EXEC NOW. MAYBE WE CAN SQUEEZE A TRACK OUT OF HIM...LOL. HE PRODUCED A LOT OF HITS FOR DMX OVER THE YEARS

Feb 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
autistic said:
It all depends what kind of sound and vibe you're going for.
Let me ask you this. How do you think a Jacka cd would sound if Kanye West did all of the beats?
WE DEFINATELY LOOKING FOR AN AGRESSIVE VIBE....BUT NOT HYPHY, CAUSE THATS NOT OUR STYLE.

I THINK KANYE IS A GREAT PRODUCER. 4TH GREATEST SAMPLE PRODUCER BEHIND DJ PREMIER, PETE ROCK AND JUST BLAZE. I THINK HIS STYLE AND JACKA WOULD MESH WELL. GREAT LYRICS AND SOULFUL PRODUCTION ALWAYS GO WELL TOGETHER

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
The ice cube example is what I was going to use

Clyde Carson is using a variety of producers in la

I think a variety of production is the best when they fall in line with the vision of the album

Apr 30, 2003
beatsbythebay.com
D I think yall gonna be alright as far as the album cause I know you Rob,Paul,Mike,Pharaoh got a good ear for music put ya heart it end result will be big,what ever producer yall think gonna take yall to next level do that shit make history fam, you already know

Mar 1, 2006
doodiejones said:
WHO DO YOU USUALLY LISTEN TO FAM???

Basically I listen to anything that is hyphy, going dumb, retarded, stupid, riding yellow school busses, wearing fans, skateboarding, ghostriding the whip and yelling the bay is back....thats what I listen to fam

Oct 16, 2006
www.reverbnation.com
Bluejakkal said:
Basically I listen to anything that is hyphy, going dumb, retarded, stupid, riding yellow school busses, wearing fans, skateboarding, ghostriding the whip and yelling the bay is back....thats what I listen to fam
....thats why 1 out of every 59 cd's is a slapper.....lol

May 15, 2006
bay producers give that bay sound
try all u want, but an outside producer will give you their native sound. it might mesh, but it won't have that bay feel to it..

May 10, 2002
Do what G-Unit does:

Transfer all the music to new CDs.
Number the new CDs so that you can keep tabs on which CD is which.

Listen to the CDs without seeing the labels (producer name, contact info, etc...) That way, you're letting the music be the sole determining factor in whether you pick it or not.

Unless you're really trying to push the fact that you're from the bay. Then (for credibilities sake) it might be a bad look not to have at least one bay producer on there.

Reegz

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2004
I think as long as you stay true to yourself, and you know who your audience is, it doesnt matter where the producer that did tha track is from. You know you from tha bay, and thats all that matters. However, I feel if your going for a specific sound, authenticity is important.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
MrPeete said:
Do what G-Unit does:

Transfer all the music to new CDs.
Number the new CDs so that you can keep tabs on which CD is which.

Listen to the CDs without seeing the labels (producer name, contact info, etc...) That way, you're letting the music be the sole determining factor in whether you pick it or not.

Unless you're really trying to push the fact that you're from the bay. Then (for credibilities sake) it might be a bad look not to have at least one bay producer on there.
Have you ever thought of writing a "Manual"?