Is ignorance bliss?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 1, 2008
I say no. Ignorance is going to be the downfall of this country, and then the rest of the "free" world. People need to open their fucking eyes to the truth, and fight back. I talked to some guy at work the other night for about 15 minutes. We talked about the fucked up shit our government does, and how no one is doing anything about it. Then he asks me, "what is the only option?"
I thought for a few seconds and told him "Revolution."
He said damn right, and you'll see me at the front.
Are you guys down to fight for true freedom? I know I am.

May 19, 2005
I think about this a lot. Ignorance is bliss but I am happy not being ignorant in the most part. I want to expand my mind and expand my experiences, but I know of some people who are content with what is fed to them through News and a sheltered lifestyle and comforting surroundings and bullshit like that. I was caught up in that shit for a while too, but I opened my mind a little more and pretty much figured out that we dont know shit and that nothing that we KNOW is true is true. I try not to jump to conclusions as fast and let it be that there are many possibilities about things. But since I think a shit load, I would say that someone ignorant to things would be better off because they feel at rest with the judgment they already formulated in their mind on a subject. Its human kinds worst flaw, to pass off judgment on things that they truly dont understand. We all do it some way. Actually our way of life now is set up perfectly for it. We KNOW a god exists. We KNOW what the government is up to. We KNOW what others are thinking. We KNOW why things are the way they are. My mind isnt at ease because I try to not limit the possibilities of things. But then again, I feel my mind is a little better off than what it was because I dont rely on anything to be 100% true because nothing is. And thats why we should also ask "Why?"

B-San

Sicc OG
Apr 7, 2006
Most super intelligent people I have met are not happy people because they live their lives without equal companionship, something like if the average person was forced to live their life with 7th graders as peers.
I have this problem with women.

I learned to just deal.

But autistic and 'simple' people have a more stress free life, no doubt about it.
Well put

Apr 1, 2008
I think about this a lot. Ignorance is bliss but I am happy not being ignorant in the most part. I want to expand my mind and expand my experiences, but I know of some people who are content with what is fed to them through News and a sheltered lifestyle and comforting surroundings and bullshit like that. I was caught up in that shit for a while too, but I opened my mind a little more and pretty much figured out that we dont know shit and that nothing that we KNOW is true is true. I try not to jump to conclusions as fast and let it be that there are many possibilities about things. But since I think a shit load, I would say that someone ignorant to things would be better off because they feel at rest with the judgment they already formulated in their mind on a subject. Its human kinds worst flaw, to pass off judgment on things that they truly dont understand. We all do it some way. Actually our way of life now is set up perfectly for it. We KNOW a god exists. We KNOW what the government is up to. We KNOW what others are thinking. We KNOW why things are the way they are. My mind isnt at ease because I try to not limit the possibilities of things. But then again, I feel my mind is a little better off than what it was because I dont rely on anything to be 100% true because nothing is. And thats why we should also ask "Why?"
But isnt that a false comfort? Are they not just lying to themselves and keeping their eyes closed to the truth?
How is that bliss? It is like a cancer eating away at you slowly.
I say, embrace and become the cancer.

May 19, 2005
To people who see that it is ignorance, yes, it is a false comfort. But to some people that I have been in contact with who are ignorant or very close minded, they dont even know better. They just take what is given to them and are totally content, not digging deeper. So basically, they dont even know whats going on, but they think they do.

But youre right though, it is false comfort, they just dont know it

Apr 1, 2008
Thats not really defeating the problem though. Just pushing it away and hiding it temporarily, for you.
Are you down to fight? Will you kill and die to stop all the bullshit?

Mar 9, 2005
Ignorance can be bliss. Consider a child looking at a rainbow. For them, this mysterious arc of colourful light is amazing, magical. It's not nearly as magical for me though as I know that it's produced via the diffraction of light from water particles.

Knowledge + greed (through the ruthless application of such knowledge) = power, but such power does NOT equal bliss. If that were the case, every CEO and high level politician would be extremely happy. Usually the opposite is true - they have the knowledge, but all the knowledge does for them is increase their insecurity, surround them with evil shadows waiting to jump out and take away their power, fill them with stress and doubt.

I am quite knowledgeable - as I'm sure all of you are. But knowing something won't automatically give you power. The best one can hope is for it to give you understanding. If not, then ignorance is the next best thing.