Is Colin Powell a House Nigger?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Is Colin Powell a House Nigger?

• YES, he is the definition of the word

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • No, he's a good guy

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I dont know what a house nigger is

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • I'm white and therfore I tend to stay away from topics using the "N" word.

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters
Apr 25, 2002
EDJ said:
OF COURSE YOU AIN'T gOIN' TO NO JOB TALKIN' TO MUTHA-FUKAS LIKE THEY YOUR HOMIES, ESPECIALLY IF THEY WHITE AND UPPITTY. YOU EITHA PUT A FRONT FOR THEM OR FIND A COMMON gROUND TO COMMUNICATE WITH THEY ASS( ASSUMIN' YOU WANNA WORK FOR A CORPORATION AND NOT HAVE YOUR OWN).

BUT AS FAR AS SHIT BEIN' A FAD, MAYBE TO SOMEBODY LIKE YOU IT IS BUT TO ME, THIS IS IT. IT'S LIKE THIS FOR LIFE. WHETHER I FALL OFF AND ON THE CORNER HUSTLIN', OR BEIN' SUCCESSFUL WITH MY OWN INFRA-STRUCTURE, OR LOCCED UP. I'M THE SAME MUTHA-FUKA. THAT'S WHY A RILLA WHO LOOKS AT ME gONNA BE LIKE, "DAMN, THAT NIggA NEVA CHANgED". THAT FOO' ALWAYS KEPT IT REAL. I DONE HEARD IT BEFORE FROM RIVALS, TO MUTHA-FUKAS THAT DONE HARMED IN N-E KIND OF WAY. THEY ALREADY KNOW, THAT'S JUST A DIFFERENT STORY.
damn, i think homeboy explained it perfectly...

Mar 15, 2003
Agreed...the culture, the streets, everything, just don't matter as much to me as it does to you. It's like this for life, for you, strictly because you made that choice. That's understandable. But to think because I switched up now that I was never down for mines at any point I won't agree with. Do I got heart for the shit like you though? Nope. I won't deny that.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
ALREADY DEAD,
THAT JUST MAKES ME WONDER WHY THE CULTURE EVEN INTRIgUED YOU, IF YOU KNEW YOU WAS gONNA TRY TO HIT IT AND QUIT IT SO TO SPEAK? THE STREETS IS A DIFFERENT STORY CAUSE YOU DON'T NECESARILY NEED TO BE IN THEM STREETS TO BE PART OF THE CULTURE, CAUSE THE CULTURE BELIEVE IT OR NOT IS A LITTLE DIVERSE.

YOUNg MOE,
YOU ALREADY KNOW LOAK.

HERESY,
YUP, I'LL DO THAT ONCE I REDUMP A FEW TRAKS. BUT I'M JUST THINKIN' ON DOIN' THE TRAK DUMPIN' BY MYSELF INSTEAD OF THE STUDIO CAUSE CUZZ IS BULLSHITTIN' AND YOU KNOW HOW THAT gOES.

Mar 15, 2003
You make it sound like a decision. "Yea ima wake up today be like 'aye nigga' " Makin it sound like I come from the subs antryin to jock homies or sum...

I made certain friends in school, kicked it certain places, got into bombin, whatever, and grew up how I did. My folks was my folks, not out of a choice man that's just how it was. I ain't from the projects but ain't from no burbs either...Frisco city Lakeview man...ain't the most poppin spot but shit still goes down.

You make it sound like somebody got to be ghetto all they life. Yea of course you 'stayin true' you a rapper man...and youngmoe too...of course y'all gon be like that. But then on one hand as a whiteboy im done if I do, done if I don't, and you know what just for the fact hella white kids these days be all on the hip-hop tip...if you didn't know me and seen me would you judge me?

Possibly...and then think about how white people judge me. Yea you put on a front for a employer or some shit but if all you conversate with is ghetto all you know is ghetto I don't care what u say you got a disadvantage man.

Don't get at me cause I dropped how I grew up...what if you was a fuckin green haired ass skater and gave it up...would you expect people to stress you for that? Or do you think black people are better than white people?

I'm not about to judge you...how you bout to judge me? Yea street culture goes past the streets but I am gettin my education, lookin to expend my mind, and the street mentality is narrow, refusin to kick it with people who ain't "down" is narrow, and I gives a fuck if you think I was some buster about some fad. Yea I could understand you can be in touch with urban culture and hip-hop without bein involved in crime or bein from the hood or whatever, but really what's the point? Ain't no black people wanna kick it wit a 'semi-ghetto' whiteboy come on now. It might be the 'fad' among white people nowadays jockin hip-hop and the community, but when i was in high school whatever it was just what's around me. How you bout to group me wit them fad white people?

That's how I was raised, thats who my homies was, thats all it is. Oh well if I ain't tryin to be hood when I don't even live there no more. I'm out in the 'ghetto burbs' now but fuck it. My personal financial success is more important than me keepin it real. Ya homeboys gon say you kept it real good for them. You keepin it real good for you, of course you rappin so you can't be on no fake game...but I'm talkin bout movin to the burbs, havin my financial success. Black people come at me sidewayz for bein white and who I am, white people will judge me for actin black...fuck the bullshit.

Like I said ain't no black people got love for 'somewhat ghetto' white people. I have met peoples sometimes who was cool about it and let a mothafucka be, but among ghetto ass black folks its constant distrust like I got to prove myself, especially after I lost touch with my neighborhood and moved.

It's either you down or you ain't, and at this point, I made the choice not to be, but I seen my fair share...it ain't like I flipped on a snoop dogg video and walked out my front door wit a blue ragg and chucks tryin to c walk to the mailbox out in Whitesville...

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
51ST OF ALL,
YOU DID MAKE A CHOICE. YOU CHOSE TO UTTER THE "N" WORD WHEN YOU HAD NO BUSINESS DOIN' SO. YOU CHOSE TO HANg WITH WHO YOU HUNg WITH. YOU CHOSE TO EMBRACE PREDOMINANT NUBIAN SUBCULTURE AND THEN TUK IT IN. I COULD gO ON. BUT TO ANSWER EACH QUESTION POSED TO ME, LET'S BREAK IT ON DOWN ONE MO' gEN.

YOU STRESSED, "You make it sound like a decision. "Yea ima wake up today be like 'aye nigga' " Makin it sound like I come from the subs antryin to jock homies or sum..."

NOBODY SAID IT WAS AN IMMEDIATE THANg, BUT THE WAY YOU FLIPPED YOUR SCRIPT, YOU MIgHT AS WELL .

THEN YOU STRESSED, "I made certain friends in school, kicked it certain places, got into bombin, whatever, and grew up how I did. My folks was my folks, not out of a choice man that's just how it was. I ain't from the projects but ain't from no burbs either...Frisco city Lakeview man...ain't the most poppin spot but shit still goes down."

BUT IT AIN'T WHERE YOU FROM BUT WHERE YOU AT. YOU gOT TO BE TRUE TO YOURSELF.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "You make it sound like somebody got to be ghetto all they life. "
WHO SAID N-E-THANg ABOUT BEIN' gHETTO? WHAT IS BEIN' gHETTO? ANSWER THAT ONE, EXPLAIN YOURSELF.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Yea of course you 'stayin true' you a rapper man...and youngmoe too...of course y'all gon be like that. "

WHAT DOES YOUNg MOE gOT TO DO WITH ME? THIS RAP SHIT IS JUST ONE FACET IN MY LIFE. IT DON'T MAKE ME OR BREAK ME. CHEK THIS SHIT OUT PLAYA. I STARTED WRITIN' RHYMES BAK IN 84' AND IN 89' I STARTED gANg-BANgIN'. THAT BANgIN' TOOK FROM THE RAPPIN' AND BEIN' SERIOUS ABOUT BEIN' AN ARTIST CAUSE IT'S TWO DIFFERENT WORLDS. THIS SHIT AIN'T WHAT YOU SEE ON A VIDEO.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "But then on one hand as a whiteboy im done if I do, done if I don't, and you know what just for the fact hella white kids these days be all on the hip-hop tip...if you didn't know me and seen me would you judge me?"

MAN, IT'S "DAMNED IF I DO, DAMN IF I DON'T". WHERE THE FUK YOU gET DONE FROM? BUT HOW COULD I JUDgE YOU IF I DON'T EVEN KNOW YOU? I PROBABLY WOULDN'T EVEN NOTICE YOU OR PAY ATTENTION TO YOU UNLESS YOU CAME AT ME AND IN THAT INSTANCE I WOULD DECIDE IF YOU IRRELEVANT IN WHAT I'M TRYIN' TO DO OR WHAT NOT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Possibly...and then think about how white people judge me. Yea you put on a front for a employer or some shit but if all you conversate with is ghetto all you know is ghetto I don't care what u say you got a disadvantage man."

WHO SAID N-E-THANg ABOUT BEIN' gHETTO? IF YOU RECALL I STRESSED THAT YOU PUT UP A FRONT. IT'S LIKE BEIN' BILINgUAL. YOU PUT YOUR gAMEFACE ON AND STIK TO WHAT YOU TRYIN' TO gET ACCOMPLISHED."

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Don't get at me cause I dropped how I grew up...what if you was a fuckin green haired ass skater and gave it up...would you expect people to stress you for that?"

THAT STATEMENT RIgHT THERE JUST LETS ME KNOW THAT YOU THINK BLAK CULTURE IS JUST A FAD OR SOMETHIN' THAT YOU gROW OUT OF. HOW YOU gONNA COMPARE SOME SKATER WHITEBOY SHIT TO A MENTALITY AND CULTURALIZATION? I gUESS YOU WASN'T REAL WITH IT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Or do you think black people are better than white people?"

NOPE. NOT THE PEOPLE BUT THE CULTURE.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "I'm not about to judge you...how you bout to judge me? "

I'M gOIN' OFF WHAT YOU STRESSIN' AND IT SEEMS LIKE YOU DIggIN' YOURSELF IN A HOLE. WHAT DID IT IS, WHEN YOU STRESSED THAT YOU SAY THE "N" WORD AND THEN SAID YOU WOULD BE IN THE ARYAN BROTHERHOOD. YOU CAN'T PLAY BOTH SIDES PATNA.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Yea street culture goes past the streets but I am gettin my education, lookin to expend my mind, and the street mentality is narrow, refusin to kick it with people who ain't "down" is narrow, and I gives a fuck if you think I was some buster about some fad."

WHO SAID N-E-THANg ABOUT STREET CULTURE? STREET CULTURE AND URBAN CULTURE IS JUST FACETS OF NUBIAN SUBCULTURE. AND WHO SAID N-E-THANg ABOUT WHAT I THOUgHT? YOU MUST BE FEELIN' SELF-CONSCIOUS. A STRONg BLAK MAN IS ABOUT gETTIN' HIS EDUCATION, EXPANDIN' HIS MIND, AND HELPIN' HIMSELF AND HIS PEOPLE WHILE STILL KEEPIN' IT REAL. SO WHAT DOES THAT gOT TO DO WITH N-E-THANg YOU STRESSED?

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Yea I could understand you can be in touch with urban culture and hip-hop without bein involved in crime or bein from the hood or whatever, but really what's the point?"

WHAT'S THE POINT? THAT IS THE POINT. THAT'S BEIN' REAL. JUST CAUSE YOU LISTEN TO RAP MUSIC DOESN'T NECESSARILY MAKE YOU A CRIMINAL. JUST CAUSE YOU SAg YOUR PANTS DOESN'T MAKE YOU A gANgSTA. JUST CAUSE YOU STILL gOT LOVE FOR YOUR FOLKS DOESN'T MEAN YOU OUT THERE DOIN' DIRT OR gETTIN' CAUgHT UP IN THEY DIRT. BUT YOU SEEM TO NOT KNOW NOTHIN' ABOUT THAT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Ain't no black people wanna kick it wit a 'semi-ghetto' whiteboy come on now."

SO YOU THINK ALL BLAK PEOPLE ARE gHETTO? IS THAT WHAT YOU SAYIN'?

THEN YOU STRESSED, "It might be the 'fad' among white people nowadays jockin hip-hop and the community, but when i was in high school whatever it was just what's around me. How you bout to group me wit them fad white people?"

CAUSE THAT'S HOW CLUELESS YOU COMIN' AT ME. I JUST WONDER IF THEM SAME WHITE PEOPLE WOULD JOIN THE ARYAN BROTHERHOOD IF THEY gOT LOCCED UP.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "That's how I was raised, thats who my homies was, thats all it is."

SO IT'S A THINg OF THE PAST, A FAD THAT CAME AND WENT?

THEN YOU STRESSED, "My personal financial success is more important than me keepin it real. "

SO WHAT IS KEEPIN' IT REAL? IF YOU ASK ME, OF COURSE YOU gOT TO HUSTLE FIRST THEN KIK IT OR WHAT NOT. AND I'M STILL KEEPIN' IT REAL. SO WHAT IS YOU SAYIN'? THAT KEEPIN' IT REAL IS TO BE BROKE? THAT BLAK FOLK THAT KEEP IT REAL ARE BROKE? COME OUT WITH IT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "You keepin it real good for you, of course you rappin so you can't be on no fake game...but I'm talkin bout movin to the burbs, havin my financial success. "

I COULD HAVE MY OWN LAND IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE AND I'LL STILL BE THE SAME MUTHA-FUKA. YOU THINK MONEY gONNA CHANgE YOU? THAT'S THE THANg, A LOT OF FOO'S LET THAT SHIT gO TO THEY HEAD, BUT THAT'S WHAT I MEAN ABOUT KEEPIN IT REAL, NOT CHANgIN' UP NO MATTER HOW MUCH PAPER YOU gOT OR WHERE YOU AT. KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN'?

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Black people come at me sidewayz for bein white and who I am, white people will judge me for actin black...fuck the bullshit."

ALL I COULD SUggEST IS TO BE TRUE TO YOURSELF AND FUK WHAT OTHA PEOPLE SAY.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Like I said ain't no black people got love for 'somewhat ghetto' white people. I have met peoples sometimes who was cool about it and let a mothafucka be, but among ghetto ass black folks its constant distrust like I got to prove myself, especially after I lost touch with my neighborhood and moved. "

SO YOU TRYIN' TO HANg AROUND gHETTO-ASS BROTHAS LIKE IT AIN'T NO THANg? OF COURSE THEY AIN'T gONNA TRUST YOU. THEY DON'T KNOW YOU. PLUS YOU WHITE. YOU THINK IT'S ALL gOOD? JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU SAID THAT YOU WOULD JOIN THE ARYAN BROTHERHOOD. NIggAS COULD SENSE THAT SHIT IN YOU. AND THAT'S WHY YOU gOTTA PROVE YOURSELF. MUTHA-FUKAS DON'T KNOW WHERE YOUR HEAD AT.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "It's either you down or you ain't, and at this point, I made the choice not to be, but I seen my fair share...it ain't like I flipped on a snoop dogg video and walked out my front door wit a blue ragg and chucks tryin to c walk to the mailbox out in Whitesville..."

THEN ACT LIKE IT AIN'T A FAD THEN. BUT YOU ALREADY STRESSED THAT IT WAS.

Mar 15, 2003
I came incorrect with this. You right I grouped Black and Ghetto as one in the same, and thats not where I'm comin from...

Regardless of my bein White, when you a kid you don't really got that much of a choice as to how you grow up. Like I said bay culture is its own, even if it is heavily black influenced. Out here you will see 3 Chinese/Mex/White ppl be like "nigga" back and forth, and black folks out here recognize this and don't stress on it. Some people do take that confrontive stance about the word, but it's mostly when addressed personally.

The split in our logic comes from my identification with not necessarily mainstream Black culture but specifically that street culture where I came from. Identification with what you exposed to does not mean you takin it all the way back to the source, just like if you like ketchup, you don't necessarily like tomatoes. It's the same thing. I did what I did, but I didn't have no fake assumptions about how in touch I was with the Black community. In a multicultural place like SF, folks can identify as hood and stay Asian, stay Mexican, whatever. Of course you got a example like LA where there is extreme differences, where 'ghetto Mexican' and 'ghetto Black person' talk different, live in a different place, act different, everything. But this ain't the case out here. Even among all Mexican gangs you see less 'cholo' and more 'hip-hop'.

Homeboys like Nortenos who in many ways talk like black folks, use the word nigga, sag pants, etc, as opposed to the traditional mexican cholo look, don't necessarily identify with black culture, even if they pick up certain elements. One could say because XIV is allies with Black gangs that the mixing of elemnets happened and that's why you see alot of black folk in Norte gangs, etc, but even with all this, even though if u compare em to Sur or Centros (other large Mex gang affiliations) they might "seem" the Blackest, you would be off to say they identify primarily with Black culture.

By this same logic, since the guitar was invented in Spain and perfected in Europe, Jazz players identify with white people.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "You make it sound like somebody got to be ghetto all they life. "
WHO SAID N-E-THANg ABOUT BEIN' gHETTO? WHAT IS BEIN' gHETTO? ANSWER THAT ONE, EXPLAIN YOURSELF.

Ghetto, street, down, hood, wit it, whatever. That's what I identified with at one point, not just general aspects of black culture.

THEN YOU STRESSED, "Ain't no black people wanna kick it wit a 'semi-ghetto' whiteboy come on now."

SO YOU THINK ALL BLAK PEOPLE ARE gHETTO? IS THAT WHAT YOU SAYIN'?

The identification I was speakin on was ghetto, street, whatever. You were talkin bout black culture in general. I ain't sayin all black people are broke or ghetto. I'm just sayin Black folks will be more likely to pick up a faulty ass wannabe when they tryin to act hood.

BUT IT AIN'T WHERE YOU FROM BUT WHERE YOU AT. YOU gOT TO BE TRUE TO YOURSELF.

That's what I'm sayin to you. I did not walk around thinkin I was honorary whiteboy. I did what people around me did. So I agree and disagree wit you. I agree that I changed, but the fact that somebody changes style/slang/attitude doesn't make what they did a fad. It's necessary at a certain point. Would you want your 85 year old grandmama tryin to be 'cool' talkin like a teenager? It would be good for a laugh for a second but otherwise...Nah.

The reason you puttin me in that fad category is because you recognize black culture as deeper than a phase or something you latch on to at a time in ur life. I agree with this, however I did not completely identify with primarily black culture. Some of my homeboys slang, things we used to do and say can't be traced directly to black culture like the fact that many of my homies threw in Spanish words or shit like "urrie" and "folks" which is bay area slang.

If I was out in LA and I said "nigga" then I would obviously be tryin to identify with Black culture, because Black is Black and Mex is Mex out there and there's no inbetween. Out here things are different, and my slang, dress, talk, walk, weren't necessarily all stolen from black people, even if that was a large factor.