Iron Man 3 post-release discussion

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
...Spoiler territory for you that haven't seen it yet...

What are your thoughts on the movie?

I really liked the Extremis angle. It's the closest we'll ever get to a bona fide "mutant" in The Avengers(Disney) world, so I can handle it.

The biggest thing for me was the fact that the movie didn't fully usher us into Phase 2, it was more of a bookend to Phase 1; pretty much just a story of what happened to Stark after he suffered in New York.

Black's directing is interesting because the movie felt like it was filmed in the 90's. It definitely had a Lethal Weapon feel to it, regarding the filming style.

There weren't a lot of Easter Eggs that I could pick up on other than the vocalization from characters talking about either Thor or New York incident and the aliens.

There's probably a few Easter Eggs to be had.

I mean, it's clear that Stark took the Extremis shot since he basically perfected in the film.

I don't know, the movie raised more questions and disappointment for me than I thought it would.

P.S. The button at the end of the film was LAME.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
I thought it was awesome. Non-stop action and non-stop humor. Then again, I have never read the comics nor do I follow the "Marvel universe" very closely, so I didn't really have anything to complain about. I'd give a 9+/10 overall.

At the end, it said Tony Stark Will Return. Of course, he will most like be in The Avengers 2, but are they continuing the Iron Man franchise w/ Downey Jr? Because most recent franchises end after 3 films and then they reboot it. The end credits had a staggering amount of people involved!

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
I thought it was ok. Better than pt 2. I was disappointed with the Mandarin, the character, not Ben Kingsley. The Extremis plot was good. I dont know why I sat through the end credits for that nonsense though.

Props: Swayze
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Overall I liked the movie, didn't think it was great, but it was good. I am a little annoyed with what they did with The Mandarin though. That retarded plot twist of an actor portraying the look of The Mandarin was stupid.

Killian and The Mandarin were two separate people in the comics. In the comics Killian sold extremis to terrorists, don't know why they couldn't just keep that in the movie instead of having that dumb ass plot twist.

They still could have had Killian get all super fire crazy with extremis without having him be The Mandarin also, seems like the writers got lazy and couldn't figure out how to have both Killian and Mandarin in act 3.

Props: Cheaptimes
Dec 2, 2011
Mhu thulan
illuminatiguy.tumblr.com
Black's directing is interesting because the movie felt like it was filmed in the 90's. It definitely had a Lethal Weapon feel to it, regarding the filming style.
especially the dock scene was like lethal weapon type of buddy cop comedy shit

im3 > im2

or course it would've been nice to see real mandarin with 5 rings, but imo the plot twist was kinda funny, ben kingsley nailed it. also i don't think they got lazy, there always might be some budget issues, that last scene probably cost millions

interesting to see how this will connect with other phase 2 movies, probably somehow with captain america 2 and winter soldiers powers, feels like thor 2 and guardians of galaxy will have all the power cosmic shit, which will lead to avengers 2 and thanos and infinity gauntlet and gems.

i hope this mother fucker gonna be in those movies somehow

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
especially the dock scene was like lethal weapon type of buddy cop comedy shit

im3 > im2

or course it would've been nice to see real mandarin with 5 rings, but imo the plot twist was kinda funny, ben kingsley nailed it. also i don't think they got lazy, there always might be some budget issues, that last scene probably cost millions

interesting to see how this will connect with other phase 2 movies, probably somehow with captain america 2 and winter soldiers powers, feels like thor 2 and guardians of galaxy will have all the power cosmic shit, which will lead to avengers 2 and thanos and infinity gauntlet and gems.

i hope this mother fucker gonna be in those movies somehow

There's a lot going on in the movie that people aren't picking up on. The fact that Stark narrates the entire movie for "us", only to be talking to Banner is pretty cool.

The lady, Ellen Brandt, the short-haired chick with Extremis and the face scar, is actually the wife of Man-Thing, and the scars on her face are from when they battled as she betrayed him in the comics and went to AIM with the knowledge of her husband's work on cellular regeneration. The whole Extremis plot comes from Man-Thing. She's also tied to Dr. Strange as he had asked her help Man-Thing to restore the Nexus of Reality(rumored to be in Odin's Vault), and it's been confirmed that Dr. Strange is part of Phase 3.

When Killian is rolling that hologram out for Pepper and he's trying to show her the mappings of his brain, the first image is of the galaxy... which happens to be the exact same view of the map seen in both Thor and Captain America.

Yinsen showing up at the beginning of the movie was awesome, too. That's post-foreshadowing as that very instance was discussed in the cave during the first IM movie, and made up the entirety of the prologue to IM3.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2004
Kinda disappointing, especially considering avengers was so good and iron man is the coolest character of the group (or at least his movies are). I thought this would blow my mind but it was just ok