Interesting.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ds2

Sicc OG
Sep 9, 2006
everyone has an opinion.......

but i need to ask u...... who is matic lee???

i haven't heard every single song that T9 has recorded so i'm assuming he's one of the many producers that T9 has worked with....

have you heard of E-40 or Nate Dogg(r.i.p.)???

produced by Don Juan back in 2000

have you heard of Cash Image???

produced by Don Juan in 2008

Juan is a KC legend and a KC hip-hop pioneer.........

thats just like me asking you "who is don juan?"....

whether KC legend or pioneer .... The folks that was fuckin with tech after juan, contributed to tech's relevency & ascent of techs career just much... A Legend " means that a nigga been doing it for a long time".. A Pioneer means "a nigga was just the first to do something" ... Either way folks dont respect the niggas that maintain the fort that was built the game need niggas like us (me,matic,demolish beats, young fyre,seven) other wise a nigga being a legend or a pioneer WOULDNT mean shit... Chuuch

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Tech could have sold his talent acapela through slam poetry. No, it's not really possible to become big that way, but people don't worship the beat maker unless you're talking mainstream. Only when producers make it to that level are they considered a relevant way of selling an album. The producers he chooses are his auditory preferences come to life.

Nov 6, 2005
I guess I am out of the loop on this. Can someone tell me about this "Travis sending goons" story?
Don Juan didnt want to release masters of Anghellic... Travis made it happen. Youre filling in the blanks will be as productive as the info we've gotten regarding the situation.

I'm pretty sure i heard a newer don juan beat somwhere in the recent past and it sounded horribly out dated..... Someone on this board posted it or some shit.
Check the 57 RDV's newest album... Right before Scoobs Signing. The entire album had some below (far below) mixing etc. which could have added to my dislike for the track. Im too lazy to check for the track name, OR the album name. Maybe someone with their ear to the kc scene can fill in blanks(mocheeze, Sawyer, Kain) . But Im nearly positive their are posts on here.

On the subject at hand... To me, Don Juan and Tech had something very unique. Now Ive figured over the years that it very well could have been that the artist was involved in every step of the producers routine. Most times, artists are getting beats fully completed, or past a point where the entire vibe had been chosen... Which I figured wasnt the case with the Juan/N9ne situation. Would be interesting to see if I was correct in that assumption by doing a new collab, although...

I really am not expecting anything to come out of this situation... Too long has past, and times have changed ALOT since those times.

*Edit* Too drunk and lazy to fix the There/their/they're errors. Bugs me too though!*

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Check the 57 RDV's newest album... Right before Scoobs Signing. The entire album had some below (far below) mixing etc. which could have added to my dislike for the track. Im too lazy to check for the track name, OR the album name. Maybe someone with their ear to the kc scene can fill in blanks(mocheeze, Sawyer, Kain) . But Im nearly positive their are posts on here.
The RDV album around that time was New World Hustle, but I'm not sure what you're getting at by bringing it up. From what I remember, Don Juan didn't have any production on that album.

As for a track produced by Don Juan recently that may have sounded dated, there's Crooked I's "California Love Remix 2011," from his Hip-Hop Weekly Reloaded. Given it's a remix of a track from 1996 though, might explain why someone might think it sounds dated.

Jul 1, 2004
Tech choosing the beats it kinda hard to determand who's better... For fans who arent musicians.. i can say they can judge which producer's beats tech sounds the best on but would be blinded trying to judge overall Musicianship.

Tech's content & flow has changed dramatically since MLK so it would be hard to slap to songs together and compare two producers that are damn near a decade apart.
I didnt realize I had to make music to like a producer over another unknown producer. You just sound bitter because Tech dont wanna work with you or matic lol.

ds2

Sicc OG
Sep 9, 2006
I didnt realize I had to make music to like a producer over another unknown producer. You just sound bitter because Tech dont wanna work with you or matic lol.
what are you talking about?.... iam on the album.....lol silly man... matic just isnt on it.. "cause he didnt submit".... ill still get my check in the mail even if he didnt want to work with me...

and yes if you make music "artistically" you will hear things that fans wouldnt hear... what so bitter about that?...lol smh

its like a mechanic that would know whats wrong with your car before you would...

ds2

Sicc OG
Sep 9, 2006
arrogant how?... i just simply stated facts.. defending the fact that i am no where near bitter... and now iam arrogant for correcting him in a respectful manner.. i would think.. my pride shows a little bit when people have no clue about a situation therefore i responed thats all, homie.

I have no room to be arrogant...who does? Everybody just does their thing... at the same time "who am i?" Exactly .....but that doesnt bother me.. i do what i love as my occupation and iam blessed to have that opportunity 24/7..fuck being famous..

ds2

Sicc OG
Sep 9, 2006
its hard to see my intentions when only what iam doing is justifing allegations, when one is being heckled. iam no asshole.. tech is the big guy (Strange Music)... folks dont even know who iam and thats fine. but me and matic rarely submit anymore material so i can see why he thought i was bitter...

Oct 17, 2006
its hard to see my intentions when only what iam doing is justifing allegations, when one is being heckled. iam no asshole.. tech is the big guy (Strange Music)... folks dont even know who iam and thats fine. but me and matic rarely submit anymore material so i can see why he thought i was bitter...
you may not be an asshole, but to go back to the thread title.....i DO think it is interesting that you dont use a space between i and am.......

very interesting indeed

Jan 16, 2007
and yes if you make music "artistically" you will hear things that fans wouldnt hear... what so bitter about that?...lol smh

its like a mechanic that would know whats wrong with your car before you would...
I agree with this statement, I make beats for fun and in my spare time, and spend a lot of time just listening to different sounds just to get an idea....I have about 19 cds with 17 tracks on each one, and I will tell U matic's beats have more music in them then Don Juan's......of course Tech has more classic songs with Don Juan then Matic but that is because they went perfect together back then and also Tech was never just on a Matic tip where they spend much studio time with each other, or working on tracks......but honestly other then the song This Ring......I believe Red Nose is better then any Don Juan track.....

and Mr. Sanders (aka 1/2 of the production of MLK) why the fuck hasnt Matic been giving Tech any tracks.....and for the record Ive said all along that You, Matic, Seven, and the Dude who produced Low/Blackened The Sun should be Tech's only producers....although Red Spyda's beats went pretty well too.