IN OAKLAND WE ARE KILLING & DYING FOR RESPECT

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

TKASH

Sicc OG
Jun 6, 2005
www.guerrillafunk.com
America has proven itself to be wickedly great at stirring up causes in the streets , and reacting to the effect as if it were the cause. A cold hard look at ourselves for the ignorance we participate in , and a vow to stop doing it is a vital key , hip hop included.

Good post Legendary.......

Sincere , give brother in law my best...see you monday if you can make it...

I'll call you showtime.

right on..

Oct 16, 2006
mylot.com
Nething with a good beat ill slap it... but i agree increase the peace especially in oakland... oaklands a fukin beautiful place yall... if it was a peaceful place imagine wat it could be like...
4real. I'm proud of my city. It's wonderful. But it's overshadowed by the destructive environment and violence that occurs far too often. Something really does need to be done. We can't just say that's sad and forget about what's going on out there. Kontac, once again I gotta give you props for what you're doing. If I can help in anyway, jus holla @ me.

tweeze

East 27 mack e$O...
Jun 8, 2005
oaKlanD u.S.spray
I can't speak for the O, but back in the day, the streets had structure. There was an order to things, and young people came up under older people. When the Task Forces and Feds start coming thru, they thought they could change a way of life by incarcerating a generation. It changed alright. Younger people in charge, and you see what happens when you have slightly older kids leading lil kids. As long as the ingredients are here, this shit will continue. There will be no peace for the sake of peace, especially when most of the youngstas know nothing of peace. Something must be done, so that the inner city no longer has the ingredients that create the violent environment.

BINGO :knockout:

Dec 17, 2007
they give us all the resourses we need to kill each other but give us nothing postive to help eachother. Mabye the assume its a lost cause but if people or kids dont have resourses to help themselves then what????

Feb 8, 2006
Children need parental support. They need someone to talk to them, help them with school, teach them how to handle situations. When that shit don't happen at home, the streets are waiting with open arms to teach another way. Take care of your kids, because it's YOUR responsibility. Most of these lil ones runnin around in the hood don't have a chance there too far gone at 10 which is a shame.

Mar 4, 2006
American society is designed for the advancement of White people and the destruction of people of color. This shit is all part of how this society was designed. I see the effects of this shit everyday in the hood. As people of color we have to stop walking into the traps of society. The gov't makes money off us being locked up and I think we make it too easy for them in a lot of cases.

Jul 20, 2002
This should be more incentive for all of us to be father to our children and role models to our younger family members. It's hard being a Dad working a 9 to 5 and compete with your next door neighbor that is a drug dealer. Your kids see the car and the threads and look up to him. I showed my sons when his spot got raided and told them that's the consequences.

J:M

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
American society is designed for the advancement of White people and the destruction of people of color. This shit is all part of how this society was designed. I see the effects of this shit everyday in the hood. As people of color we have to stop walking into the traps of society. The gov't makes money off us being locked up and I think we make it too easy for them in a lot of cases.
I can't really agree with that. That's a bit too idealistic and simple to deserve any merit. I'm not saying it's 100% true but at least in a majority of the bay it isn't. More chances of that type of bigotry happening in the south. I think as people of color, we are at a disadvantage. But that is all it is, a disadvantage. You can climb out of it if you want. It ain't easy but it's possible. I see other aspects of hood life that has nothing to do with white folks. You love the hood, you gonna do hood type shit. And when you think of hood shit you don't think of planting a garden or cleaning the streets.

All these arguments ALWAYS comes back to Chris Rock's "Niggas vs. Black People"

Mar 4, 2006
I can't really agree with that. That's a bit too idealistic and simple to deserve any merit.
I didn't write that in order to have any one agree with me.

I'm not saying it's 100% true but at least in a majority of the bay it isn't.
I don't understand this statement. Doesn't make any sense to me how you worded it.

You can climb out of it if you want. It ain't easy but it's possible.
This statement is in agreement with what I wrote.

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
I didn't write that in order to have any one agree with me.
I know that, this is a forum. I was just throwing my two cents in. I just don't want youngsters to believe the whole "the white devil is against us" mantra. Believing in that will cause people to feel hopeless instead of infusing hope to the underprivileged.

Jun 2, 2005
Exactly, in order for things to get better...EVERYONE, whom is in a position to help, meaning (role model, mentoring, encouraging words, monetary help or even, stopping to let a youngster know they are fucking up, when you see them fucking up)... Or be like me, for those whom go to church... instead of tithing to the church, give that 10 - 15% to the poor family down the street, or even to your broke relatives, tithing is tithing in my book...

Oct 27, 2007
Couple things.

First of all, the government does not make money from incarcerating people. In California alone they are in a crisis financially because there are so many people locked up. They been thinking about sending them out of state. So the government making money off of putting people in jail is just false.

It's a tough situation. In many ways the people in the hood are incredibly disadvantaged. But like someone said, you gotta remain positive and hopeful. By giving in, saying "fuck this, I'm never gonna make it outta here, I might as well join in on the problem", is not gonna solve anything. Kids need hope. Kids need role models. The African American community has relied on eachother throughout all of American history. The deck was stacked against them from the start, but by sticking together, particularly by forming a strong sense of family and community, they broke free from the restraints holding them back. But in these run down neighborhoods, the very things that brought them together for progess, are now tearing them apart, resulting in the loss of a generation. Families are hard to come by in parts of Oakland, due to incarceration, abandonment or death. And with each new case of a broken family, it compounds the problem, like a snow ball falling down the hill picking up more snow and growing and growing.

It's a complex problem with no quick fix. It's going to take a concentrated effort of everyone involved to take a look around, check their conscious and realize that a change is needed. And its not just the people in the hood who need to recognize the problem. Them people living in their nice Oakland Hills mansions must not be able to hear the gunshots at that elevation. But that doesn't mean they are not socially obligated to stand up and help their neighbor. "Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

In many ways those involved in the grind are desensitized because they grew up with the slanging and killing. However, if a solution is going to be possible those who feel no remorse from the killing must grow a heart, those muted by the struggle need to find their voice and bring awareness to their block, and those blinded by the glint of their gold must open their eyes and see the injustices destroying their fellow man.

Jun 2, 2005
50 cent, jay-z are two of the richest black folks from the turf and they aint doin nothing to help change the mindstate of the youngstaz...............so aint nothing gonna change
Exactly, a lot of folks seem to believe that it's a white vs. the world thing, but it is really the haves vs. the have-nots and once you become a have you distance yourself from the have nots.

Sicc OG
Feb 4, 2004
Exactly, a lot of folks seem to believe that it's a white vs. the world thing, but it is really the haves vs. the have-nots and once you become a have you distance yourself from the have nots.
That's exactly it. Now that we've solved Oakland's problems, let's go back to watching the murder count. See ya in 2009!