importance of prof. pics versus regular cam pics....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 27, 2002
Ok I manage a group of artists releasing their 3rd album...
The first cover art was done with showrealm and came out cool, I believe they supplied a pic done with a regular digi cam and it came out cool.....the 2nd album cover was thrown together and had no pics

I'm tryin to get these cats to step it up and get it done right this time...with a real photographer....and good graphics.

Now these cats are lowbudget on a come-up type and tryin to cut costs.....they don't wanna do the photoshoot and wanna use some pics off a 4mp digi cam...I like the shots they took, but a few have said pro pics are needed......

Can someone give me an argument as to why they should use pro pics instead of their own?

Besides the obvious...that it will simply look cleaner.....

Somecats are hardheaded and I'm just tryin to get them too see the light on this....I'm all bout gettin it done right the first time....but you know how some cats can be....they make 100 seem like 10,000

May 15, 2002
Pro pics will give you better results overall. Look at major label covers for example, those covers dont have fancy artwork...just some clean ass photography with text. So professional photography is very important, especially if u want to be taken serious. I see it like this, if youre not going to do it right, then dont do it at all. Half stepping wont get you nowhere.

May 17, 2005
You can not only use the pics of the photoshoot for a cover. Think about it ... you can sent them to magazines, use them for press kits, everyyything. Hit me up if you need a photoshoting. Im in NY from August first but I travel to and Im sure we can make something work out for both sides. Check my pics @ www.photos.militaryminded.net already worked with Murder Inc., Gangsta Flip Records (Bang Em Smurf), D/R Period, Shyheim, ...