IF YOU AINT INDUSTRY...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 12, 2002
DJ Mark 7 said:
Oh and also, you should check and see what they're payin for beats elsewhere in the country...You think $300 is alot? ROFL...
That is WAY REAL. I've heard many complain that a top notch beat is too much at $150. That is ridiculously cheap pricing! A shoddy Primier knock-off beat goes for $350 on the east coast.

And we wonder why everywhere else is blowin up...Cause they take their shit seriously and will SAVE all the money they spend on weed and other bullshit to put out a quality product.
-=bumpus=-

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
This post is true to 80% of the Siccness period.

Reminds me of the posts in the trades and transactions - i.e."I will pay anything for the out of print ______ cd"
So, you tell them you have the cd. Then you get an offer for the cd of say 7 dollars, which you wouldnt even be able to buy the cd for brand new even if you could find it in the stores still. Point - CHEAP MOTHERFUCKERS lol
A lot of people that post here have never put a cd out and have no idea what really goes into the whole process and what realistic prices are. 2-300 for a beat? VERY reasonable.

Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
illmannered666 said:
This post is true to 80% of the Siccness period.

Reminds me of the posts in the trades and transactions - i.e."I will pay anything for the out of print ______ cd"
So, you tell them you have the cd. Then you get an offer for the cd of say 7 dollars, which you wouldnt even be able to buy the cd for brand new even if you could find it in the stores still. Point - CHEAP MOTHERFUCKERS lol
A lot of people that post here have never put a cd out and have no idea what really goes into the whole process and what realistic prices are. 2-300 for a beat? VERY reasonable.
REAL FUCKIN TALK!!! DAMN I LOVE IT!!

Aug 12, 2003
www.dbsSound.com
i have put out 2 cds dog..duplication is 1,250..mastering could be up 500 plus..come on cuz 3oo per beat ..shop around dog...u just aim ya money at anyone with a triton ..some unknown guy ..or some producer(beat maker) who fell off..im talkin just beats..not production, mixing, mastering, ext...just a beat made by some dude with a keyboard on a powertrip...u getting raped if u pay dude who halfassez ya shit...
not everyone here doesnt no the RAP GAME...I think you guys need to respect dudes opinions on getting ripped off..

Jun 16, 2002
As of writ now im solely a rapper/writer. thats onloy cause I dont have a instrument. If I did I wouldnt be charging shit cause id want to get my name out there. Fuck that if it going to be on the radio your going to give me publishing but I wouldnt be trippen. dont get why unknown producers are acting like I owe em something for a beat. THe only people I buy beats off are savavges that i recognize. I would only cop from drop..capone.. tugboat..sean t..mosely...big hollis....

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
shit I put alot of time and hard work on my beats but since i havn't made a name for myself I gotta sell them for like 50$ a pop and it takes me a couple of hours to put them together. I think that time is worth more than 50 bucks but I'm no Johnny Z, I know I'm not on that level yet. In time If I keep workin at it I'm sure I could sell me shit for 500 a track or whatever but when you are young in the game you gotta be hungry and make a name for yourself.

I hear what Mark 7 and dugout are saying though, if you want to sell records you gotta break break for good production and solid features. No one is gonna buy your shit if your beats are made by your little brother on fruity loops and you got a bunch of no namers flowin on your shit. If you are serious about music, it takes money to make money and it takes money to put out a quality album.

Aug 12, 2003
www.dbsSound.com
yea i feel ya jadaa.. you do gotta put money on shit to make cash...but that dont mean I'm going to spend 3oo per beat JUST THE BEAT (NOT INCLUDING PRODUCTION)..UNLESS YOU DO HAVE A NAME AND YOU ARE KNOWN ..IF YA NOT..THEN Y CHARGE A GRIP..FACT IS..U NEED A LIL OF EVERYTHING..INCLUDING...MONEY,SKILLS,QUILITY...AND IF YOU ARE A UNKNOWN PRODUCER...GOTTA GIVE A LIL TO GET A LIL...AND HONESTLY..FRUITY LOOP OR NOT..SKILL IS SKILL..AS A MC OR PRODUCER U START OFF SMALL THEN GROW HOMEY..U DONT NEED BIG TIME FEATURES IF YA SICK ENOUGH...PUT UP SOME MC'S THAT ARNT KNOWN YET..LET EM GET THEY SHINE..IT AINT ALL ABOUT BIG TIME MC'S..MONEY CANT BUY TALENT...

MONEY CAN BUY YOU HELLA SHIT...BUT AT THE END OF THE DAY SOME KID IS IN HIS BASEMENT RECORDING PUTTING HIS HEART IN HIS SONGS AND EARNING HIS RANK TO HIS PEERS/LISTENERS..WHILE THESE OTHER MC'S OR SO CALLED...THINK FAST AND PAY QUICK...4 A PRODUCT OF SHIT...
-TRAGIC

Apr 25, 2002
Trag_i_c FeLLa said:
U DONT NEED BIG TIME FEATURES IF YA SICK ENOUGH...PUT UP SOME MC'S THAT ARNT KNOWN YET..LET EM GET THEY SHINE..IT AINT ALL ABOUT BIG TIME MC'S..MONEY CANT BUY TALENT...
That's real right there. Cats are afraid to take chances on their own shit, so they go buy verses from cats that are known, and the shit is half assed...I have a Kurupt verse on CD sitting right in front of me, and it is complete garbage, thank god I didn't pay for it...but I have it!! Anyways, get ya shine on with your own talent...if you buy all these features cats aren't gonna buy your album to hear YOU, they will buy it to hear the features and you will be stuck in the mud!!

Sep 23, 2003
good thread......Alot of good points, personally, i don't think 100-200 for a beat is that bad, it's just some kats think they've blown up waaayyy before they have, tryna charge like their somethin. Also, I really feel that when you buy them, if the studio's up and everythang, the mixing and recording should be included. That is better for the producer who made the beat and the artist. If a producer was to sell someone a beat, and they went out and recorded it in someones fucking closet and it was put out all shitty, thats makes the producer's name look like garbage right??

www.soundclick.com/tonycashandyoungzae

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
Tragic

First off, since were "shopping around", youre getting ripped off on pressing and mastering lol. Second, I use the same producers for every project - TC and Enhancer, DjMark7, Big Drawz of 2-Illeven, ADR, Ghazi and Laidblack. Of course I do not have to pay the same rate as some unknown dude that has never worked with them before. But back to the point here - if you do not personally know people, who are you to say they shouldnt charge what they feel? Take your own advice and shop around. If 300 is way out of your budget, find a kick ass unsigned talent and hold on to him.

Aug 12, 2003
www.dbsSound.com
yo homey

i no ghazi & furious also they good ppl ..tell em i said sup...ive worked with em b4..yea this is just my opinion homey ..you do your thing..keep ya music pumpin ..ill go my way..ya go yourz..much love tho...some good points but i stand on how i feel ..one...where can i find pressing 4 cheap by the way..?

Apr 25, 2002
illmannered666 said:
find a kick ass unsigned talent and hold on to him.
That's EXACTLY what I did...once I got him some plugs to expose his beats, he decided to have a problem with me, take one of the cats from my group, and they both tried to run with game I spit to 'em...even though they were boys to me before I put em on....but, HAHAHAHA, I've come on here and posted addy's and shit to labels...that's info I never give out to my group or producers cause of situations just like that....

So, if you find a nobody producer who seems really hungry, watch him like a hawk cause muthafuckaz are shady!!