IF a SAN DIEGO artist......................

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 29, 2003
www.originalhoneys.com
Gas your homie chris laced me wit ur CD one day at this print shop he put me up at least 6 months a go lol.

But yea san diego is going crazy look how much activity is going on all in like 15 minutes of each other. Like it seems like niggas is around the corner doing their thing and its a lot of competition now so its really time to step it up, like everyone though because we cant put out no half ass shit in the 07 because there are high school kids making tracks that are getting 5000 plays and like 20,000 page views if you catch my drift. We gotta really network and grind and shit. Well at least I am grinding like a mug.

I cant wait till I get to do this niggas CD cover.

Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
HeaterVille said:
DAGO FROM THE SOUTH AND THE WEST!!! WE GOT THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS NIGGA HOLLA AT CHA BOI MAYNE!!!
west coast southernmost™ fa sho!
dave moss make some snap music please.

the main thing i want to hear from a dago album honestly if it aint some hiphop shit about graffiti and freestyles....
is witty punchlines about cocaine & murder over underground non l.a. beats (see ecay, cricet, e-low..some ol "keep it in the family slash triggeration station" type shit) keep it local.
with features AND production. until we blow the fuck up.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
if youre referring to what i said..thats not what you need to do..or what san diego needs to do..its what WE need to do.

some niggas can just umm...grasp an understanding of shit a little better.

and i can sit here and explain it to everyone but then it wouldnt be our own style..as far as bitches go thats the easiest part.

theres more to life than this little stereotypical circle of a gangbanger. you gangbangers have to assimilate yourselves into regular life every day. niggas act like all they do is shoot people and bang. its getting old. talk about the other 80% of your existance.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
MataSkonkas said:
THERE IS??????
before this big ass surge of super gangster rap, believe it or not, san diego did have a pretty nice sized hip hop scene and it bred alot of 'nerd rappers'.

i was one of them. i just dumbed it down about 300%. obvious reasons, times are changing..and im an adult now so i deal with more adult things.

to me thats part of the reason we have alot of lyrical gangster rappers in the city..you go back in time even the gangster rappers had these fast ass lyrical styles..

this was back when the b boy summit was here annually...

so yeah there IS more to san diego than just gangster ass rap. the thing is, no ones been able to merge the two sides together and have a credible past (or present, if you sellin drugs/shooting people now in comparison to then) to back it up.

i guess the key to it is bieng able to make everyone happy...in san diego.
otherwise, youre basically nick cannon to me.

(and none of this even matters if youre not born and raised in san diego. if you arent 100% from here, sound how you want. dont do it for san diego.)

and food for thought: no one outside of san diego knows orko is from san diego. unless they personally talk to him.. too bad....or is it?

PS: one more thing. ive had a person who runs/raps with alot of the rappers that are active in the san diego gangster rap seen and this person told me, that pretty much with the exception of a very small group, everyones playing a role on these tracks. none of them are out there really killing people and banging on everyone all day and this and that. everyones just an everyday person. and this person, is speaking on a pretty wide group of people. i dont think a person whos better friends with these rappers, is going to out they friends like that to me. but its the truth.

like coolio once said "you know its drama, but it sound real good!"

Apr 20, 2005
just make sure the beats are tight. Alot of recent west coast shit's been lackin tight beats. And its ok to be a rapper. Nobody wants to be a rapper anymore. Most people that rap want to be some hardbody or a criminal of some sort. Its cool though. We do need some MC's that rap about regular shit besides bangin and slangin. But i still listen to gang music. Still waitin for some good shit to come out.

Apr 20, 2005
Everybody uses computers to make beats. MPC's, SPC's, Rolands, Korg's, Drum machines, Fantoms, and all that shit is computers just shaped in a different form. Everybody is on that Pro Tools. The last thing music touches before it hits a cd, tape, vinyl, or 8 track is a computer. If not, the music will most likely sound like dookie. Even back in the days they were using computers. I think people are hatin on the new programs like Reason, cubase, Frooty loops, etc. because they're cheap and they can do everything them 2 to $7,000 keyboards and samplers can do. Its not the equipment, its that wack ass beatmaker behind them.

Oct 2, 2006

I say as long as they stay true to themselves and there artistic expression doesnt matter if there on the solo tip or backed by a major. As long as they dont switch up and make a complete ass out of themselves and our city...more power to them...
peace
CROS1

Oct 19, 2004
SOUTHEAST DAGO
If a Dago artist got signed to a major i hope that he would just represent the 619 to the fullest,that includes videos of course done here in SD,talkng about the town in his raps and letting mutha fuckas know that on the southern most part of Cali we got heat out here.I would say to have him stay true to his own style and not try to switch it up but i wouldnt knock him for doing a couple of commercial/radio friendly tracks cuz at the end of the day that's what sells units to a nationwide audience.

Apr 4, 2004
www.myspace.com
Well Hopefully Yall Gon Dig My Project Im Droppin.. Im Honestly Just Tryna Do Sumthin Different Than The Typical Dago Norm.. But I Think Niggas Like June Ecay Damu Mitch Irocc, They All Have Changed They Styles Frum The Typical Dago Steelo, And Now Thats The Next Level And Plateau.. Hopefully Most Of Yall Will Be Supportive Of The Moves Ur Artists Make And We Can Get This City To Flourish... Because Its Way Bigger Than Dago..

May 11, 2006
www.fabricali.com
When a SD artist gets major...

I think the trick is to do you, but at the same time make your product marketable. Put out quality not quantity and have some sick producers too...If people hate then they hate, if you makin money then who cares, some people gonna love and some people gonna talk smack, its all relative...Oh ya, have some bomb azz artwork!!!

-J, Young

Apr 20, 2005
nobody really knows what people want to hear when it comes to hip hop/rap. If u never killed anybody in real life and u rap about that just brings more danger to urself. Then someone that really does that shit might wanna test u. Being gangster and hard and selling drugs is the easiest thing to rap about, in my opinion. Try writing writing about topics that have nothing to do without hurting somebody and making money. Its actually quite a challenge.

Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
fabricali said:
...Oh ya, have some bomb azz artwork!!!

-J, Young

word... cuz contrary to popular san diego gangsta rap belief, artwork matters.
its perfectly fine if you go out and spend a couple hundred on your project outside of the beats you rappin over and the place pressin yo shit up.

get a decent cover, buy some promo shit to give away. :classic: