I traded my Xbox for a Wii

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 16, 2004
Purchased new Xbox for $350 (12% discount) plus $20 for 2 year warranty. Total cost $370.

Got a brand new Wii from a trade with protection kit, 2 year warranty and $10. Wii cost $249.99 plus tax, plus $20 for protection kit, and $40 2 year warranty, the total amount I got from the guy's receipt (5 days old) was $330, plus he gave me $10 so that totals to $340.

I opened up the wii package and shit is tiny as fuck, looks just like a cd drive with a power button. There's no tray, it's like a car cd drive where you insert it through an opening. Started playin the boxing game and shit got me a lil tired from having my arms up the whole time. I also rented Zelda, how long does it take to beat the game? I got 5 days. I beat GOW in 3 days.

Anyway, I'll just wait til microsoft lowers their xbox by $100 and cop a new 360 for RE5 and Ninja Gaiden 2, YEE!

Nov 16, 2004
I don't have the GC. What's with the Wii's warranty? Is it 1 year warranty and then it says if you register with nintendo.com you can get a 90 day warranty extension, is that on top of the 1 year? If so I'm thinking about asking the guy to come to bestbuy with me and return the warranty so I can get the $40 instead and buy a wiimote. I was playing Zelda for like 2 hours yesterday and when I took out the disc it was more colder than it was hot, so I'm thinkin the wii doesn't have a overheating problem.

Jan 2, 2004
Zelda's also a game that can take even longer than 50 if you fuck around with all of the side quests and shit, too.. It's a LONG game.. It's sweet, though. You should definitely buy it.

Nov 16, 2004
I rented zelda, put 4 hours into it and wasn't impressed. I thought ocarina of time was the shit but this shit wasn't hittin to me. Maybe I didn't play it long enough or if it's the wiimote that's gay when playing it. I should get a standard controller and play it.

And yeah I'm going to turn in the warranty and get money and maybe buy zelda since that's the only shit that remotely interests me that's out. Can you play wii online against friends? I noticed the wii didn't have an ethernet port but I was thinking of getting a usb to rj45 adapter, I can't fucks with the wireless my router sucks.

Apr 27, 2005
the first four hours of twilight princess are still basically the tutorial part of the game. i know, its too long. if you liked ocarina of time theres no way you'll not like TP. keep playing, you'll see.

Nov 16, 2004
Robby2Slobby said:
Yeah, Zelda definitely gets better after the first four hours? Did you even get into the Tunic and everything yet? or change into a wolf?
Yeah I changed into the wolf. I just hate swing the wiimote to attack something.

Wii sports is dope, the Tennis is by far the most fun one. I play that shit everyday. Mario Galaxy is going to be dope, and I hope they drop Resident Evil 5 on it.