HYPHY MUSIC = DISCO MUSIC

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 19, 2005
mikevick said:
its a thread about it being trash dumb ass and niggas in the bay need to get back to making real music that you can go back and listen to years from now
albums with real content and not just about dancing on top of cars like hoes in a music video
I agree with you to a certain extent. But you have no control over what becomes popular. Whining on a message board about it aint gon change nothing.

Mufuckas get mad cause popular music doesn't appeal to them (anymore). It gets much deeper than that but I won't go into it unless you would like me to. :eyecross:

Apr 25, 2002
mikevick said:
niggas in the bay need to get back to making real music that you can go back and listen to years from now
albums with real content and not just about dancing on top of cars like hoes in a music video
I agree but the standards in rap have became so low it may be awhile before REAL music in bay area rap comes back around. Nowadays any little kid with Fruity Loops can make some Rick Rock soundin beats in about 10 minutes. Back in the 90's you had to have some real musical talent to be a producer. Guys like Studio Ton and Khayree could play the guitar and keyboard...you dont find that nowadays.

Dec 29, 2004
The Last Word said:
I agree with you to a certain extent. But you have no control over what becomes popular. Whining on a message board about it aint gon change nothing.

Mufuckas get mad cause popular music doesn't appeal to them (anymore). It gets much deeper than that but I won't go into it unless you would like me to. :eyecross:

i see why they say niggas in the bay is stupid as fuck....you cant even get a real reply on a message board when it comes to bay shit.....

Dec 29, 2004
3VID3NC3 said:
I agree but the standards in rap have became so low it may be awhile before REAL music in bay area rap comes back around. Nowadays any little kid with Fruity Loops can make some Rick Rock soundin beats in about 10 minutes. Back in the 90's you had to have some real musical talent to be a producer. Guys like Studio Ton and Khayree could play the guitar and keyboard...you dont find that nowadays.

real talk.........

Apr 19, 2005
mikevick said:
i see why they say niggas in the bay is stupid as fuck....you cant even get a real reply on a message board when it comes to bay shit.....
You have to think about what YOU put out there before you criticize anybody else. If you're known for starting whiny ass threads complaining about shit nobody else cares about then you won't get any respectful responses when you legitimately deserve them.

Dec 29, 2004
The Last Word said:
You have to think about what YOU put out there before you criticize anybody else. If you're known for starting whiny ass threads complaining about shit nobody else cares about then you won't get any respectful responses when you legitimately deserve them.

fuck is you talking about????? only in the bay where your opinion is looked upon as whinning.....if i aint feeling a certain album then i aint feeling it....it aint whinning and if i'm sick of niggas recycling tracks on albums then im sick of it....you niggas on this board are some groupies. niggas can only make threads kissing an artist ass but not a thread with your own opinion
you niggas is fags on here straight up....

Jan 23, 2006
mikevick said:
fuck is you talking about????? only in the bay where your opinion is looked upon as whinning.....if i aint feeling a certain album then i aint feeling it....it aint whinning and if i'm sick of niggas recycling tracks on albums then im sick of it....you niggas on this board are some groupies. niggas can only make threads kissing an artist ass but not a thread with your own opinion
NICE! man u just insulted everyone on the siccness for what a few people said.

Dec 29, 2004
lazertech1 said:
mikevick how about you buy some albums instead of "downloading each album that comes out of the bay"

I will when niggas start making good music instead of a couple hot singles and the rest crap and when niggas stop making a whole album sounding the same as the next album that just came out the week before with the same song title, chrorus and beat
and when niggas come up with new concepts

Jan 26, 2006
mikevick said:
I will when niggas start making good music instead of a couple hot singles and the rest crap and when niggas stop making a whole album sounding the same as the next album that just came out the week before with the same song title, chrorus and beat
and when niggas come up with new concepts
so I take it you havent bought a cd in the last few years? I hoped that whole "couple hot tracks with 10 garbage ones" trend died when Jay Z retired.

...sorry for all you Jay-Z lovers but that guy wasted more of my money than ANY other rapper (Reasonable doubt was aiight)

Feb 15, 2006
www.madeinthebay.com
HE IS RIGHT TOUGH! and so what? hyphy is going to be the most popular music probably and when does any music truely truely last forever ontop? especially in the rap genre come on now that is a no brainer. Right now hyphy music is probably my number 1 preference of music, but of course this isn't going to be true 2-3 years from now.

Apr 19, 2005
mikevick said:
This is exactly what I'm talking about... Why cats on the board gotta be fags and groupies? You wonder why people don't take your posts seriously and attack your opinion? That bullshit you just posted is the reason.

Once you declared that you download everything, you lost all credibility. No one wants to hear what you're complaining about now. If you think you're going to put up a thread on this board whining about something after that and everyone is going to respond the way you want them to, then you're just as stupid as you say bay area people are.

And for the record (as far as the Hyphy thing goes): I semi-agree with you. You must have missed that in your quest to start a debate. If you could articulate your point better then things would be all good - but ... well ...

Or maybe it's us dumb bay area mufuckas :)

Jan 19, 2006
"hell yeah" is not a hyphy song..he never talks about goin dumb or anything like that..i remember him saying "hyphy" like once on his whole album and that was in "kick yo ass"

Jan 5, 2006
www.turfquake.com
all movements die hard

crunk = gone lol

i dont see whats so hard to understand but thats the way that it is

and for the record.. HELL YEAH is about as hyphy as Michael Bolton.. so chill.. san quinn doesn't do the new "anybody can rap if they were born in the bay" HYPHY shit

but threads like this wont do shit lol

out!

Feb 22, 2004
mikevick said:
wbitch i download every album that comes out of the bay and listen to em front to back..
maybe if you put some ACTUAL MONEY in the ARTISTS pocket, then they wouldnt have to make "hyphy song just to get on the radio".

First, i wanna speak on this. YOU DONT HAVE TO MAKE A HYPHY SONG TO GET ON THE RADIO. You just have to make a GOOD song. The thing is, right now, most of our listeners are into the hyphy stuff, so we have to give them what they want. Just like a LOT of our listeners like Mary J and Keyshia Cole, and even, unfortunately, Laffy Taffy and garbage like that. You have to give the people what they want. We spend a lot of time, energy, and money researching what people want. A lot of you may not like what we do, cuz we dont play all BAY, and I respect you opinions. But at the same time, the BAY has 6 MILLION people in it, and we have between 300,000-600,000 listening at any given time. More in the evenings. Not all those people are up on bay shit. A good amount are, but not all. Like in high school, there was always that group of kids who were different, listened to different stuff. Same concept. We try to supply a good balance. Fortunately, for my mixshow, I can play pretty much whatever I want, so I get to put a whole lot more Bay shit in. For the last few months, my whole show has been pretty much bay shit, with a few outsiders thrown in (juvenile, TI) but not that much. The record labels have noticed this, becuase none of their records are gettin played much in the mix. We shut a lot of that shit down. So now labels are startin to see a big number of spins on Fab, Quinn, Keak, Hoodstarz, Team, frontline, Nump, balance, etc.. More eyes in the music business are lookin at the bay than ever since 1992.

This is the music BUSINESS. In business, you supply the product the customers want. If you supply the best product, the customers will always come back. That is how you MAKE MONEY.

enough of the soapbox. go cop the 40 album. if u already got it, do cop the quinn album. if u got that already too, get the hoodstarz. just please, buy albums. i am given promo copies of everything, and i still went out and BOUGHT 40s CD yesterday.

Support the BAY.

Apr 8, 2004
DJxREMARKABLE said:
i bet alot of these cats feelin this hyphy sound is gonna STILL be gettin stupid and dumb on the dance floor when they hear it again at a party 10-20 years from now. hahah i can see myself still gettin down to this hyphy shit when im older hahaha go head and laugh at me but i think this hyphy sound is here to stay for a while...
lol thats what some of my folks were saying back in high school - 99-2000 - when raving was hella big. Raver for life, blah blah blah. Fuck happened to raving? exactly. and there were hella candy ass ravers. i know you knew at least one, don't front.

hyphy is a lifestyle but some of the shit people are doin right now ain't hyphy so much as it is cornball to me. shit is a fad. just cuz you wear rocawear don't make you hip-hop and just cuz you wear oversized sunglasses don't make you hyphy.

BTW what up to scotty fox, keep doin it big.