HYPHY MUSIC = DISCO MUSIC

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 29, 2004
its true....this shit is nothing more than a new fad just like disco was
just how back in the 70's every artist had to make at least one disco record and change their whole style just to get on the radio. every artist in the bay seems to have to make at least one hyphy record or song just to get on the radio even the most hardcore gangsta rappers have turned to hyphy

hyphy music is nothing more than music to shake ya ass to and won't stand the test of time......fuck everything hyphy get back to making REAL music

Dec 29, 2004
NoRCaL707 said:
who gives a fuk wat it is...

evidently nobody in the bay does cause all the shit coming out nowadays is pure crap....damn near every song has the same title either "go dumb" or "get stupid" and damn near every song sounds the same....the shit coming out is nowhere near classic material...after a while all the shit gets old and repedative. you can't go back and listen to any of this shit after it's old

Mar 5, 2006
u dont like it... then dont listen to it... support wat the bays movin on 2... or dont... i do agree with you that once it gets old... its done for a month or 2 tho...

Feb 21, 2006
www.trunkmuzik.blogspot.com
mikevick said:
the shit coming out is nowhere near classic material...after a while all the shit gets old and repedative. you can't go back and listen to any of this shit after it's old
when i DJ parties (old folk parties) people still be gettin down to disco; old AND young peeps. in a way, disco gave birth to hip hop. most of the hip hop shit that came out in the past 20 years samples alot of disco beats and some old school soul.

but anyways...people still turn to some of the old disco shit and i bet alot of these cats feelin this hyphy sound is gonna STILL be gettin stupid and dumb on the dance floor when they hear it again at a party 10-20 years from now. hahah i can see myself still gettin down to this hyphy shit when im older hahaha go head and laugh at me but i think this hyphy sound is here to stay for a while...

Dec 29, 2004
Meelo said:
how the fuck is that hyphy? is he supposed to make a fuckin slow jam or some shit? its just a song my nigga, a good song. leave it at that, quit tryna label everything.

fuck is it then bitch???? its a hyphy/club song dumb ass....

Feb 25, 2006
DJxREMARKABLE said:
when i DJ parties (old folk parties) people still be gettin down to disco; old AND young peeps. in a way, disco gave birth to hip hop. most of the hip hop shit that came out in the past 20 years samples alot of disco beats and some old school soul.

but anyways...people still turn to some of the old disco shit and i bet alot of these cats feelin this hyphy sound is gonna STILL be gettin stupid and dumb on the dance floor when they hear it again at a party 10-20 years from now. hahah i can see myself still gettin down to this hyphy shit when im older hahaha go head and laugh at me but i think this hyphy sound is here to stay for a while...

real talk

Dec 29, 2004
The Last Word said:
Obviously, you don't either or else you would have addressed the remainder of my post.

Figures ... mufuckas just yappin to be yappin.

its a thread about it being trash dumb ass and niggas in the bay need to get back to making real music that you can go back and listen to years from now
albums with real content and not just about dancing on top of cars like hoes in a music video

Dec 29, 2004
itzlikethat said:
mikevic you only listen to the bay songs on the radio.. theres a bunch of dope tracks not on the radio in the bay.. so basically u speakin on shit u dont know bout...

what a dumb ass........how the fuck do you know what i listen to???????
bitch i download every album that comes out of the bay and listen to em front to back....you dont even know who the fuck i am so how do you know what i listen to?????? i know niggas in the bay can't all be this dumb????

Jan 26, 2006
I don't think there is a problem to having a hyphy track or 2 on an album. but I couldnt handle an entire album like that.
I might be the only one, but I don't think too much of Fortys album or any of Quinns tracks were hyphy (maybe kick yo ass, but thats my fav tracK).
I feel like too much shit is being labeled hyphy just because it has an upbeat tempo. I would not have called Hell yea a hyphy track, more of just a normal club track we have been hearing for years. People need to chill with the "Hyphy Hate".