Humans having their roots in Africa has been given its strongest confirmation yet

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 6, 2006
You know what though, if it's all the same I'm not really as passionate about this as you are G, I just thought this particular article was interesting and wanted to share it, I don't wanna turn this into another one of those routine, G.O.M. evolution vs. God thread wars right now, I believe what I believe.

Aug 6, 2006
|GOD|||ZILLA| said:
so you can't believe in god and evolution?.. i do.
Yea, but not the theory of evolution and the parts that exclude God with out evidence(like there will ever be evidence), like us assembling from random chance.. That's the biggest part that I don't accept, 90% of my defiance comes from the improbability of that...

Mar 12, 2005
|GOD|||ZILLA| said:
so you can't believe in god and evolution?.. like i do..

this is a question for all of you.
Ignorance plays a big role here, IMHO ALL THEISTS ARE believers in evolution, in dissected parts. Why can't you understand that? As zealous as I am, I've come to the realization that I'm believe in Evolution, not in it's entirety or that other mumbo jumbo because I don't want to get too technical. MIDTERM that's why i'm trying to kill two birds with one stone so yeah.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
|GOD|||ZILLA| said:
so you can't believe in god and evolution?.. like i do..

this is a question for all of you.
We can't

Because while it is definitely a step in the right direction, theistic evolution is not less unscientific than creationism

In both cases the supporting evidence is non-existing

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
ParkBoyz said:
Yea, but not the theory of evolution and the parts that exclude God with out evidence(like there will ever be evidence), like us assembling from random chance.. That's the biggest part that I don't accept, 90% of my defiance comes from the improbability of that...
the evidence supporting the existence of God is exactly zero...

this is the reason (one of the many reasons) why he is excluded from scientific theories

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
The Red Sin said:
Ignorance plays a big role here, IMHO ALL THEISTS ARE believers in evolution, in dissected parts. Why can't you understand that? As zealous as I am, I've come to the realization that I'm believe in Evolution, not in it's entirety or that other mumbo jumbo because I don't want to get too technical. MIDTERM that's why i'm trying to kill two birds with one stone so yeah.
How do you chose which "parts of evolution" you believe in?

What defines what is a "part of evolution" that's "real" and what is not?

Aug 6, 2006
ThaG said:
the evidence supporting the existence of God is exactly zero...

this is the reason (one of the many reasons) why he is excluded from scientific theories
Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence.. At least in your case since I have my own personal evidence that should suffice..

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
ParkBoyz said:
Absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence..
It is not a proof of absence IMO, but let's not argue over semantics

I think it is idiotic, to say the least, to say that when there is absolutley no evidence, in support of a hypothesis, this hypothesis must be accepted as true

At least in your case since I have my own personal evidence that should suffice..
Your own personal evidence doesn't count

Feb 9, 2003
ThaG said:
We can't

Because while it is definitely a step in the right direction, theistic evolution is not less unscientific than creationism
Once again you're tossing opinion off as fact.

Let's look at this logically:
1. You say we cannot believe in both God and in Evolution.
2. You mention theistic evolution. What exactly is theistic evolution and how does this negate every single possible theistic belief in God and that belief coexisting with a belief in evolution?

Answer those questions please.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
MEXCOM said:
Once again you're tossing opinion off as fact.

Let's look at this logically:
1. You say we cannot believe in both God and in Evolution.
2. You mention theistic evolution. What exactly is theistic evolution and how does this negate every single possible theistic belief in God and that belief coexisting with a belief in evolution?

Answer those questions please.
1. We can not believe in both God and Evolution, because we cannot believe in God if we are rational people to begin with, because as it has been mentioned hundreds of times, there is no evidence for existence of God

Of course, if you are not a rational person, you can believe in whatever you want, God, Allah, FSM, whatever

In both cases though, you can not "believe" in evolution, because evolution is not anything to be "believed in", it is a process that happens all the time irrelevant of what people think about it

Do not equate evolutionary theory with beliefs

2. Theistic evolution is a desperate attempt of some christians to save their beliefs, by admitting that evolution is real, but saying it was the way God chose to create man...

Which is total bullshit

Because:

1. The evidence, supporting it, is zero

2. It raises the question why God, who is supposed to be omnipotent, chose such a complex way to create man, when he could have just created everything the way we see it today. Is he really so omnipotent as people think?

One of the main proponents of theistic evolution is Francis Collins. He says evolution is real, but because God exists independent from our space-time continuum, those 13.7 billions years from the beginning of the universe were a single moment for him so he could have chosen evolution as the way to create man...

In the same time he believes in a personal Christian God, who watches every human being and all the other nonsence

This raises another question - why would a God create a universe, that's 100 billion light years big, just to create a small planet somewhere in it, where a human species will evolve, then send them his son????????

It's just ridiculous

3. Evolutionary theory explains everything pretty well without any God. Adding God to it doesn't really make it better, it is just adding God for the sake of having God there, which is totally unscientific and unjustified, especially when there is no evidence supporting his existence

Feb 9, 2003
ThaG said:
1. We can not believe in both God and Evolution, because we cannot believe in God if we are rational people to begin with, because as it has been mentioned hundreds of times, there is no evidence for existence of God
This is a blanket statement. By definition rational people know that humans are not perfect. So we do not use reason all of the time. Therefore the word and the concept of rational are subjective. Because they are then subjective you are once again trying to pass of *your* beliefs as fact. Who is to say then who is rational and who isn't if no one is rational 100% of the time? To argue that some one is infact purely rational would be ludicrous.
ThaG said:
Of course, if you are not a rational person, you can believe in whatever you want, God, Allah, FSM, whatever
Once again you are being subjective. Subjectivism is hardly rational.
ThaG said:
In both cases though, you can not "believe" in evolution, because evolution is not anything to be "believed in", it is a process that happens all the time irrelevant of what people think about it
I agree but that's not what I asked you.
ThaG said:
2. Theistic evolution is a desperate attempt of some christians to save their beliefs, by admitting that evolution is real, but saying it was the way God chose to create man...
Theistic evolution is a Christian concept....so you're basically nullifying every single religious belief with a Christian concept? And you're supposed to be "rational?"
ThaG said:

Which is total bullshit

Because:

1. The evidence, supporting it, is zero

2. It raises the question why God, who is supposed to be omnipotent, chose such a complex way to create man, when he could have just created everything the way we see it today. Is he really so omnipotent as people think?

One of the main proponents of theistic evolution is Francis Collins. He says evolution is real, but because God exists independent from our space-time continuum, those 13.7 billions years from the beginning of the universe were a single moment for him so he could have chosen evolution as the way to create man...

In the same time he believes in a personal Christian God, who watches every human being and all the other nonsence

This raises another question - why would a God create a universe, that's 100 billion light years big, just to create a small planet somewhere in it, where a human species will evolve, then send them his son????????

It's just ridiculous

3. Evolutionary theory explains everything pretty well without any God. Adding God to it doesn't really make it better, it is just adding God for the sake of having God there, which is totally unscientific and unjustified, especially when there is no evidence supporting his existence
All though I could argue all of this since it's all arguementative to begin with, minus the facts but the whole theological thing, I'm going to save my time. However you still missed what I asked. You're answering things I didn't even ask you. Now return to my question:

You're the one talking in definitive's. So prove what you're saying. Which was:

ThaG said:
We can't [believe in both God and evolution]
Unless of course you can't or meant something completely different in which case you proved my point about the whole rational thing being subjective and by proving that point you proved my other point: you are not a rational person.