Humans having their roots in Africa has been given its strongest confirmation yet

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 6, 2006
The theory that all humans have African roots has been given its strongest confirmation yet

We've all got roots in Africa (if you go back 60,000 years)
By COLIN FERNANDEZ - More by this author » Last updated at 22:28pm on 7th May 2007

Research has indicated that Aborigines share the genetic features that have been linked to the exodus of modern humans from Africa

The theory that all human settlements around the world began with a single wave of migration from Africa has had its strongest confirmation yet.

Previously it was thought that the unique DNA "fingerprint" of Australia's aborigines contradicted the "out of Africa" hypothesis. But scientists have shown that they have the same ancestors as the rest of us.

This confirms the idea that all modern humans descended from a small band of settlers who left the African plains 55,000 to 60,000 years ago.

Over thousands of years, their numbers grew and they fanned out across the world - replacing older species such as the Neanderthals and Homo Erectus which left Africa much earlier.

Before the new research, geneticists were baffled by the fact that skeletal remains and primitive stone blades found in Australian archaeological sites were strikingly different from those found along the trail taken by the first migrants leaving Africa.

This gave rise to claims that the ancient Aborigines could have inter-bred with more primitive humans such as Homo Erectus, or that they evolved from a much later migration from India.

However, Cambridge University scientists were able to demonstrate that Australia's settlers share common ancestors with the rest of the world by testing DNA samples more extensively than had been possible before.

Dr Peter Forster, who led the research, said: "For the first time, this evidence gives us a genetic link showing that the Australian Aboriginal and New Guinean populations are descended directly from the same specific group of people who emerged from the African migration."

The scientists reported their findings in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

They wrote that Australian and New Guinean populations share characteristics found nowhere else because they evolved with no genetic input from outsiders once they had settled in Australasia.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/li...ogy.html?in_article_id=452675&in_page_id=1965

^I didn't even know this shit was still up for debate, surely these discrepancies weren't announced or addressed in the public sphere. Glad they cleared that up, no way my Australian homies are sub-human..

Jan 16, 2006
Everywhere
i dont mean to sound fukked up but a good number of aboriginies look real primitive...like in there bone structure...least the ones i seen...i also heard something about them being the only people to not have understood that sex lead to children....but i dont know how true that is i read it in some book awhile ago...

May 15, 2002
There really isn't much debate. Some think that anatomically modern humans could have evolved from Homo erectus in Asia, Africa, and Europe simultaneously and interbred, but there's way more evidence supporting the idea that H. sapiens evolved in Africa, then dispersed.

May 15, 2002
google "human phylogeny" or "homo sapiens phylogeny" and you'll find some information about possible human origins. There's about a million different trees though, since a lot of the proposed lineages are speculative and based on the little evidence that's available. They generally don't talk about geography though, but if you research the species, you can figure it out.

Aug 6, 2006
|GOD|||ZILLA| said:
so this proves evolution.. GREAT.. i win.
Haha, no! Good one though.. It proves again that all humans came from Africa, apparently there was some discrepancy concerning the Aboriginee people that just got cleared up..

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
ParkBoyz said:
Haha, no! Good one though.. It proves again that all humans came from Africa, apparently there was some discrepancy concerning the Aboriginee people that just got cleared up..
but it discredits what the Bible says...

Think about it, you are ready to use molecular evidence to prove that humans originated in Africa (which scientifists have estabished long ago), but in the same time you reject the molecular and anatomical evidence that clearyl demonstrates that man and apes are close relatives....

this is called being hypocritic in case you don't know

Aug 6, 2006
Ya'll act like I ever denied the out of Africa theory, lol, I love the fact that everyone comes from the same source. How does it contradict the bible? Eden could of been in Ethiopia! The Molecular evidence here says nothing about Humans rising out of the ashes from inorganic matter, it begins with Humans. That actually supports the bible because if we all came from a different source, obviously we weren't created by the same source.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
ParkBoyz said:
Ya'll act like I ever denied the out of Africa theory, lol, I love the fact that everyone comes from the same source. How does it contradict the bible? Eden could of been in Ethiopia! The Molecular evidence here says nothing about Humans rising out of the ashes from inorganic matter, it begins with Humans. That actually supports the bible because if we all came from a different source, obviously we weren't created by the same source.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chromosome_2_(human)

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
ParkBoyz said:
Are you fucking kidding me? Humans evolved in Africa you fucking beaner.. Others adapted to their respective climates, no one is superior to anyone, just simply suited to their environment.. What makes you think Africans stopped changing anyways?
but evolution is not real according to your own words, right?

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
ParkBoyz said:
Not on the extreme Macro scale.. I believe that there's limitations..
you clearly sated that man "evolved in Africa"...

is this micro or macro...

and who claimed taht man didn't evolve in numerous previous threads....

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
ParkBoyz said:
I think you already read this and tried to criticize it in your own way but I'm posting it just to let you know the type of evidence that I base my belief on besides Theism..
http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/17851.html
I've had enouhg of this bullshit, please don't give me more of it

I admit that the scientific community is responsible for letting one big misconception be taught in school and it is what exactly a species is

The defintion of species is, as I think all of you should know, a set of population, which can cross with each other and produce viable and fertile offspirng

I think this is pretty clear

The problem is that in reality it is nothing more but a label we put on organisms in order to classify them in groups and reveal the relationships between them. Most people tend to think of species as something static and well-defined, while in reality there is no such thing

Different "species" form a continuum of forms in time (often even coexisting) and it is really hard, actually impossible to draw the line between them

It is exactly the same with "macroevolution" and "microevolution"

These are just labels and nature doesn't give a damn about them, in reality they are one and the same

But it all comes from the common misunderstanding of what species is and how arbitrary the use of the term really is, a misunderstanding that, unfortunately, is still taught and propagated in schools

And you should know that everybody who uses the word "kind" has absolutely no understanding of biology and should be forbidden to talk on the subject