Hulk Hogan

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 28, 2007
So I was listening to an online wrestling podcast and the hosts talked about Hulk Hogan and Rosie O'Donnell. For those of you who don't know, Hogan recently said that he would like to see O'Donnell roughed up in an interview about the new American Gladiators and O'Donnell responded in kind. One of the podcast hosts said that he had no respect for either one professionally or politically. He felt that both Hogan and O'Donnell are people who got by with limited talent. Furthermore, he said that he didn't want to get into the whole thing about what Hogan did for wrestling and it had more to do with McMahon - Hogan was the guy at the right place at the right time.

While I see his points, I cannot agree, for a few reasons. Hogan wasn't the greatest in the ring, but he had charisma. In addition, he was one of the first wrestlers to grace the cover of Sports Illustrated. I also remember the SmackDown where he and McMahon were going back and forth a few years ago. This same point was brought up by McMahon, but Hogan fired riqht back. Every guy that McMahon tried to do the Hogan formula with failed (e.g. Warrior, Luger). To this day, only a few such as Steve Austin and The Rock are on Hogan's level. Discuss.