Howard Stern Appreciation Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Nowadays I fuck with Podcasts when I have time. I used to fuck with KGB/DVDASA heavy but the show came and went. I fuck with TigerBelly and Drinkchamps a little bit here and there.

And no, Charlamagne is NOT anything near what Howard Stern was. That was the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read. Charlamagne is not a pioneer. He's not creative. He's mearly a small fraction of what Howard Stern was when it comes to entertainment.
i've only really peeped a few interviews here & there, watched when he was on E! too but def not a hardcore listener. that said I fucked with DVDASA heavy, dave would tell you stern was the biggest inspiration for it.

shit wasnt the same when they had 2.0 in that white room tho

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Damn somehow I missed my time to throw in on this thread. Long time listener here. The Artie years, hands down were the absolute best. Post Stuttering John to be exact. And if were really splitting hairs, it was peaking after moving to Sirius. I loved John (no homo) but adding Sal and Richard into the lineup really dialed in the the show. Jackie was funny, but the show went on without him. With all that said, I used to be a loyalist and listened to every show every day heavy for years up until a few months ago. Ever since Marci Turk's hand has been in the pot, the show has started to tank over the course of the last two years. They got rid of Back Office Radio, The Wrap up show went to shit, the wack pack started PC'ing up. The block parties were shut down etc. Howard started working even less. I didn't mind that, but they gutted 101 and all of the other worth while shows which left me with very little to be excited about.

Nowadays I fuck with Podcasts when I have time. I used to fuck with KGB/DVDASA heavy but the show came and went. I fuck with TigerBelly and Drinkchamps a little bit here and there.

And no, Charlamagne is NOT anything near what Howard Stern was. That was the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read. Charlamagne is not a pioneer. He's not creative. He's mearly a small fraction of what Howard Stern was when it comes to entertainment.
I like Drink Champs. I wish NORE would tell more stories when he was thugged out but I think he doesnt want to incriminate himself lol
Yeah Stern has turned into Imus. There's a price you must pay when you get paid that much money unfortunately. He was better on terrestrial radio imo

My favorite episode of all time was when him and ralph were evaluating this chick who turned out to be a tranny and he whipped it out and said, "surprise..."
Howard: "She's a dude....SHE'S A DUDE!!!!" LMAO!

Charlemagne sold out too. He used to go way harder on the radio. He softened his approach. He is just an average radio personality now who has a strong opinion.

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
Richard used to be a drummer for a heavy metal band, but he won a contest to work on the show along with Sal the Stockbroker. Richard is from Kansas and his dad is an old hick WWII vet and he leaves his son voicemails to let him know what's going on back on the farm. When Howard heard one they became a regular part of the show:

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
"Comedian Artie Lange was offered a role in the movie Focus via text message while hosting his late-night sports talk show. The following night, he turned down the role, trashing Will Smith and the film’s screenplay at length in the process, because the character he was asked to play was “a five hundred pound Persian” named “Fatass Farhad.”​