How much have you studied the Bible?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
I understand where you're coming from on that, but to assume that people wouldn't otherwise be eternally condemned in this context would be rendering Jesus's crucifixion/sacrifice/resurrection useless. While those words may be misinterpreted in portions of the modern day Bible, the scriptures in the overall context of the Bible point towards the punishment of sin without forgiveness being an eternal punishment.
They are clear mistranslations IMO. I believe the opposite, I don't think it would render the Mashiachs sacrifice useless but the complete opposite, it would strengthen it. I don't subscribe to Christian dogma or doctrines. The people who wrote the scriptures were not Christians. And the earliest Christians known to date were Universalists. I'd like to think their beliefs back then were much closer to the truth than the beliefs of modern Christians today.

I strongly stand by the proper context of owlam, aionios and aion when referring to the lake of fire.

I may be wrong. But so may you. I just can't picture a most merciful and loving Elohim to condemn for eternity. It doesn't serve his best interest, unless of course he was as evil as they come. Which he is not. And it just so happens that whenever the word eternity or forever is used in context to hell, that the original Hebrew word owlam which has two meanings is used there and also aionios and aion, which both have two meanings.

I'll know what the true translation is when I die. I can't take a terribly translated Holy Bible, especially a KJV for word for word when it's been manipulated so badly, especially regarding the sacred names of the Father and the Son.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
They are clear mistranslations IMO. I believe the opposite, I don't think it would render the Mashiachs sacrifice useless but the complete opposite, it would strengthen it. I don't subscribe to Christian dogma or doctrines. The people who wrote the scriptures were not Christians. And the earliest Christians known to date were Universalists. I'd like to think their beliefs back then were much closer to the truth than the beliefs of modern Christians today.

I strongly stand by the proper context of owlam, aionios and aion when referring to the lake of fire.

I may be wrong. But so may you. I just can't picture a most merciful and loving Elohim to condemn for eternity. It doesn't serve his best interest, unless of course he was as evil as they come. Which he is not. And it just so happens that whenever the word eternity or forever is used in context to hell, that the original Hebrew word owlam which has two meanings is used there and also aionios and aion, which both have two meanings.

I'll know what the true translation is when I die. I can't take a terribly translated Holy Bible, especially a KJV for word for word when it's been manipulated so badly, especially regarding the sacred names of the Father and the Son.
Again, I understand where you're coming from, and that starts to get into the topic of predestination, why was the Great Commission even given to the disciples as Jesus ascended into heaven, and so on.

The way I've explained it to people is this, God is perfect in every way. He is as Holy as something can possibly be. Only when God was man in the flesh, as Jesus, could He be in the presence of sin. God simply cannot rest in the presence of sin, which is why, throughout the history of old and new testaments, there had to be an atonement and blood sacrifice for sin. Even the single holiest of people among the Hebrews, had a rope tied around his leg in the event that he was not holy enough when he entered the holy of holies, because he could've been struck dead immediately for trying to enter God's presence. Jesus died once and for all, for those who believe, and that much is clear in the Bible. There are numerous prophesies that predicted his birth, ministry, death, and so on. However, there are also numerous examples of people being expelled from God's presence permanently, which is the reason why Jesus was sent to begin with.

I'm always up for talking about the Bible, or a debate, but that was not my intention of the thread as I said originally. Hit me on pm's if you want. I'd love to hear more about your viewpoint on this.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Oddly enough, I haven't read the bible in quite a few years and don't believe in church. I consider myself spiritual and non-religious. Yet after being tested last night, I woke with this verse on my mind:

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

-----------

welcome to hell on earth yaw

Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
I've Read The Bible

I Believe It Is Universal. 66 Or 73 Don't Matter, It Is "The Book"

========================================

The Prophets Are In The New Testament And Old

I Believe There Ought To Be A Way On Earth For Their/God's Testimony To Be Writ.

========================================

We Carry Something Called The "Holy Bible" Though

Where We Say It Is All True

But I've Seen Verses Like "The Lord Knows Everything" - Psalms & "The Lord Doesn't Know The Final Day" - Matthew, That Excludes This.

So Why Then Are We Saying Other Scripture Isn't True Then That The Bible You Hold Isn't In Full Accordance?

============================================

I Still Believe In Those Prophets Of The Holy Bible

Not Everything A Prophets Says Is Right, Only The Words The Lord Puts In His Mouth We Know For Sure Is Going Be Truly Right.

======================================

My Favorite Book Is Nehemiah, Because He Was A Regular Guy In It Like Me, And Did Something Great And Was Remembered For It. You Don't See That Often In Things.

Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
The Book & The Word Of God Are Two Different Things To Me Also

The Word Of God Is Written Down By His People, But Isn't Always Correct By Which We Are Flawed. The Word Of God Is Himself, And In It Are All The Things Of All Existence. Like A Doorway That Leads To Another Doorway.

But "The Book" is What It Was Prophesied To Be. An Actual Book Of The Account Of God's History.

I Believe In The Heavenly Books
Where I Do Believe The Word Of God Is Written Down Correct Is Heaven And In The Heavenly Books. Everything Exact And Flawless To A T. T Being The Title Of The Book And Everything "Story" "Thing" Measurement" Everything In Them Books Will Leave You With "I Had Ought To Have Known That To Have Read That."

Last edited: