How Many Can REALLY Freestyle?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 3, 2002
How long did it take for you to get comfortable and just start freestyling on the spot? Are you still nervous at times? Is it still a challenge even though you have the experience in doing it? Do you try to use simple "cat" and "bat" words or shit like "backwards" and "cat turds"? Do you spit your shit fast or slower? If slower, does your performance speed up with practice?

I remember like a year ago, me and some friends would fuck around and spit silly rhymes. The other night, we tried to do it again but I couldn't because I couldn't get anything out. I would think of the next thing I was going to say but couldn't get it out verbally, causing me to mumble, then come to a complete stop.

I can freestyle, but i wanna perfect it so i can enter battles and shit....usually when me and my folks is just rolling and smoking, we would begin clowning each other for fun...but in reality it helps me get used to the battle atmosphere....

regardless wether i'm freestyling or writing rhymes, I tend to stay away from one syllable words....and usually a freestyle tighter to a slow beat compared to a fast beat..

good topic tho..

Dec 8, 2002
yea tru dog i feel u there i used to be so nervous to freestyle in fronta heads even tho i was good at it, so i would do it here n there for my friends then so many cats would hear bout it and ask me too and i was so nervous i would just say no mah heart would beat fast n shit, but now that i just do it more and just focus on flowing and not stopping at all even if it does get a lil simple its all good its all about your delivery and being str8 with ya flow, keep pracitin that shit dog.1

4T7

Sicc OG
Jul 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
This is a really good question....Props to Unregistered for just askin'...lol....

Yeah it took me awhile before I could spit in font of people....like 5 months or so....but all the practice just boosted my delivery and performance way up.....I hate spitin' slow.....I always spit fast and I always "TRYED" to do my best....since I started spittin' heat I've gotten about 60% better.....If you devote your life to this shit and really try....I'm mean eat,sleep,shit,shower....and rap....then your bound to only get much better!....and that's real!

When I freestlye I dont even think I just spit.....do this for long enough.........even if your not commin' up with shit.....JUST KEEP TRYING!....you will sooner or later.....I promise....you'll be commin' up with the sickes't lines....three words when it comes to freestlying PRACTICE, PRACTICE, and PRACTICE!....And try not to use shit you heard....like simple shit....you know....

That'z my 2 cents!

Apr 25, 2002
wind.prohosting.com
yeah i can freestyle. but it took me a while to get up confidance. like i would jsut freestlye in the shower and when i was at home listining to musicc. Then i would just freestlye when it was jsut like me and some of my hommies chillin and we were all freestyling so no one who wasnt freestyling was listing on. then just slowly but surly got my confidance up to where i am now. just freestylin at parties and shit and anywhere and initiating battles and shit. its all confidance jsut get ya nerves up u are prolly better then u think u are. i wasnt that confident at first in public untill i started havin kids i never even met before sayin my shit was ill and askin me questions like u are now lol.

Apr 25, 2002
i can flow.. i have come up with some sick lines off the top.. but im not the shit.

im cool with big crowds as long as they are into it and now gonna clown if you fuck up.

May 10, 2002
im a whiteboy(dont mean shit) i get down on tha flowin Fast Verbally enhanced words....its a technicality, in reality, u shouldnt battle me...shit like that
i spit freestyles fast wit a rhyme scheme thats tuned....but thats just how i get down....Blowed or drunk up...

PeaCe
~Cmoke

Jun 25, 2002
READ THIS SHIT ASPIRIG RAPPERS ABD FREESTYLERS

peep game, i been rappin about 10 years, 5 spittin my own shit, and i'm ill. i'm gonna be on the upcomin new west album with tha homeboy treezy and it'z gonna be off tha chain. as far as freestyle, that's all i fuccin do. i ridearound all day, choppin it up with folks on the trolley, promotin my music, and i freestyle ALL MUTHAFUCCIN DAY. that's all i do. eventually yo uget to a point wher you don't even have to think about what you're gonna say next. it just comes out. true spit just comes. you can't make yourself into a rapper. it's a gift from God, and you know in your heart if you supposed to be a rapper or not. if you ain't, do that production and leave spitters to us hard hitters. but if you feel you got it, never be a bitch about it. when rhe homeboys wanna rap with you or you see a group of niggas in the parkin lot havin a session, walk your ass on up and spit with em. that's the only way you'll get rid of the fear of rappin in public and the only way you'll be able to bring your game up. that's the advice i can give. 1,and i'm outtie. Yung Licwit Cali'z Finest up-and-coming