How many artist have gone out of state..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2009
How many homeboy artist on here have gone out of state to promote and sell music?? Did you have any success?? Was there a big market sell your music to in the state you visited? Where did you go? & How was it compared to promoting and selling your music/cd's in cali?

I think more artist should try and do this to try to help expand the HBR genre. A lot of southern rappers already get their shit distributed nation wide. I think northern cali rappers should too. Plus, you might have more luck selling music out there than you do here.

What do you guys think.

Feb 11, 2010
www.youtube.com
i think thats true they should do that. they also should go to japan n other countries, i was talking to some fool on youtube that seels cds on ebay and he said alot of homeboy rap cds he sells ship to japan. so im pretty sure it will sell over there

Kon1

Sicc OG
May 17, 2002
I know there's a huge market here in Portland for Homeboy Rap, and I know of a few chicano artists that have came up here and got MAD LUV!

IM GLAD THIS WAS BROUGHT UP..
I BEEN PUTIN ALOT OF THOUGHT INTO IT LATELY..
I BEEN OUT OF STATE.. THERE IS MAJOR LOVE AND SUPPORT..
CALI IS NOT THE SAME ANYMORE ON ENE RAP..
THE LOVE AN SUPPORT IS NOT EVEN HALF OF OUT OF STATES LOVE..
HOMEBOYS HERE WANT A DEAL OR A FREE CD.. LOL
I BEEN OUTTA STATE AN SOLD OFF 14 A PIECE NO PROBLEM..
AND IM ONLY PUSHIN EM 10 OUT HERE..
AND THEY GIVE MAJOR LOVE AND SUPPORT WHILE IN THERE SOIL..
ALOT OF FANS IN CALI.. IMO.. JUST AINT FULY WITH IT ANYMORE..

Jun 3, 2008
Ive been to reno and arizona..in reno ppl are a trip but they be feelin the music,did some promo out there..but in arizona they eat it up period! cd's posters,flyers what ever you got they want it..

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
i spent a week in pheonix and tempe doin a lil work thang. and yes they love cali there,
all the clubs and shit stayed knockin jacka and mac dre and e 40 like crazy....they all clearly had bay influence and wasnt really on no l.a. shit like glasses, game or nipsey.....
from what i saw..

Dec 26, 2004
Jus curious of how is it different outta state when going to a Mom N Pop store, flea markets N on the streets?? jus wonderin if someone can break it down a bit.

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
for the most part endless scrapa rapperz at the mom n pop storez i went to in Vegas and Pheonix..... fucking fagz flood there own market soo much that the names are whack azz fuck too! NO SCRAPAZ ALLOWED!!

first thing that i thought when i saw row upon row:

and people say too many NORTENOs are tryin to be rapperz....sheesh!!

Dec 26, 2004
I noticed that too last time I went, at phoenix state fair, booth after booth jus flooded wit southerner rap. I think I jus saw only DRF 'From the Barrio Wit Love' N 'Gang Stories'.
Same wit Las Vegas flea market.

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
another interesting thing i noticed in AZ was not one person i talked to all week had ever heard of that lil chico rapper who was on the HBR DVD.......
"sycos connect" or somethin....i know he fuckz with homiez, he has a verse on silent's Northern Life mixtape.......

But really NO ONE......
i definitely didnt make it point to ask but eveybody body kept asking me if i knew of any of there rapperz reppin phx...he was all i had heard of.....this was march last year

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
Chico had got signed to phearless records before they got jammed up and rico'd, u can see their s
adds on lowrirders mags from last year, cheeks ain't really a rapper though, he put out that war games cf for the love of the game, but he ain't on that heavy promotion, doing shows type of shit, he known in the Hood though he from the east side, I got pretty much all his unreleased material enough 4 a whole album,

$ileNt_eNe_ATL

Jefe De Los Pollos
Aug 12, 2005
Chico had got signed to phearless records before they got jammed up and rico'd, u can see their s
adds on lowrirders mags from last year, cheeks ain't really a rapper though, he put out that war games cf for the love of the game, but he ain't on that heavy promotion, doing shows type of shit, he known in the Hood though he from the east side, I got pretty much all his unreleased material enough 4 a whole album,

Mr G

Drunk Pot-Head
Apr 4, 2007
Las Vegas
I feel you carnal.
i wasnt trying play him low or make it a point from a clowin' perspective, i was just surprized and since i was thinkin bout my AZ trip......