How I hook up my reciever to my PS3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
I got the HDMI cable going straight from the ps3 to the tv. Anyone know how I can get sound through my speakers with my ps3?

Mar 12, 2006
Either using a digital audio output, if your receiver accepts that, or you can use the composite hookups that came with your ps3 and just plug the red and white into the receiver. Make sure you go into the audio settings and select which ever one you choose.

May 2, 2002
My receiver is kinds old. Probably built in 99. I dont think it has digital outputs.

I thought about using the composite hookups to connect to the receiver but figured the ps3 would either send information through one port (hdmi) or the other.. not both.

May 6, 2002
Either your Tv has to have audio outputs or you have to go straight from the PS3. If your reciever doesn't have digital then your gonna have to use the red and white rca outputs. It's not rocket science. haha.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
your xbox shoulda came with a red and white cable that also connects to your xbox..get double ended red and white cables, and set it to whatever setting you set your cd to

i wouldnt know whether its in or out in that cuz cuz i dont know what youre attempting to do

Mar 12, 2006
My receiver is kinds old. Probably built in 99. I dont think it has digital outputs.

I thought about using the composite hookups to connect to the receiver but figured the ps3 would either send information through one port (hdmi) or the other.. not both.
No, it will send the video through the hdmi, and the audio through the composite (red, white leave the yellow unplugged) then go to your audio settings and change the audio to composite.