how good is darrelle revis cb jets

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
Think I'll wait more than a couple of weeks before I start saying how good he is...

Johnson has been shut down before...and Tom Brady back from injury hasn't looked too good...especially missing Welker.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Revis went to Pitt, Fitzgerald went to Pitt, I went to Pitt.

Thats three superstars right there :)

People were talking about Revis last year. I held off my opinion. Now that he's doing it again this year, I think its safe to say this isn't a fluke.

Apr 25, 2002
THE SAME WAY DION SANDERS OR CHARLES WOODSON DID IT. QB'S GENERALLY DID NOT THROW TO THEIR SIDE OF THE FIELD.
They threw to their side of the field, just not to the man they were covering. I see teams passing on Nnamdi's side of the field all the time. They generally aren't throwing to the guy Asomugha is covering, but it's not like they avoid the entire right side of the field when Nnamdi is on the right. The only way he would be able to shut down an entire area is if he was in zone coverage all the time, and even then he would only be able to shut down the short pass or the deeper pass. He can't shut down underneath and over the top at the same time.

He takes away one receiving target or either the underneath zone or the deep zone. Nobody can shut down an entire half of the field.

Jun 1, 2002
The only way he would be able to shut down an entire area is if he was in zone coverage all the time, and even then he would only be able to shut down the short pass or the deeper pass. He can't shut down underneath and over the top at the same time.

WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEAN. MOST TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE RUN COVER 2 OR COVER 3 DEFENSES.

Apr 25, 2002
But like I said.. Even in that case, he would still only shut down the underneath OR over-the-top options. There's no way he can do both, nobody in the NFL is fast enough to do that. So it's not possible for one man to shut down an entire half of the field.

And like I said, he can only cover one man. If two guys slide to his area, one of them is going to be open even if Nnamdi is in zone coverage in that area. He would have to run with one of them and leave the other one alone. Nobody can shut down an entire half of the field by themselves.