how did you get your job?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
I been updating my resume on there for quite sometime...got a few jobs off there..but there hasn't been anything on there lately..
its weird, the job im working at now....i looked completely unqualified to do ON PAPER. I applied like 'ah fuck it...maybe i can pull it off in the interview' ..i mean...me working a fucking nasa? come to find out its probably the easiest job with someone that has half a brain can do.

when i got hired my boss showed me the other 4 peoples resume. they ALL had atleast one word spelled wrong in the resume. some even had like 4 or 5. thats why i got the job, basically.

because none of the other applicants gave a fuck about the small things and the first impressions

something that helped me get a job

ODB was once applying at a airport..and the manager was talking..well ODB sees the calendar and that it was the managers son's birthday w the dat eon it..so ODB was like oh i see its your sons russels bday today and he'll be 14..well the manager was impressed by his ability to pay attention to small detail and hired him and his boys outside

just something to think about

YOUNGNUTT

I'm so O.C.
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Ana to Long Beach
WELL LETS SEE....

IT WAS BACC ON '00, I WAS 18 YEARS OLD!!!
I WAS PICC'N' UP TRASH AT THE PARK, DUE TO A "WORK RELEASE PROGRAM"!!!
I WAS ABOUT 10 DAYS OUT OF JAIL!!! I HAD TO CLEAN UP A PARK FOR 2 MONTHS FROM 6AM - 4PM 5 DAYS A WEEK!!!
ONE DAY, WE GET THIS DUDE IN (AN OLDER MIDDLE EASTERN MAN) WHO HAS TO DO COMMUNITY SERVICE FOR THROW'N' A CIGGERETTE OUT HIS CAR WINDOW!!!
HE AND I ARE PAIRED UP WE HAVE TO DIG 2 HOLES TO PLANT SOME TREES FOR THIS DEAD COUPLE!!! WHILE DIGG'N' HOLES, OLE BOY IS ASK'N' ME SOME NOSY ASS QUESTIONS ABOUT MY LIFE, I GET KINDA AGGRIVATED BUT I WANTED TO SEE WHERE HE WAS GO'N' WITH ALL OF THIS, SO I ANSWER HIS QUESTIONS!!!
HE THEN TELLS ME THAT HE IS A "VICE PRESIDENT" OF THIS FORTUNE 500 COMPANY AND HE WANTS ME TO WORK FOR HIM!!!
I TELL HIM THAT I DON'T EVEN HAVE HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA!!!
HE ASKS ME WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO GET ONE!!!
I TOLD HIM THAT I NEEDED TO GO TO THE CITY COLLEGE, PAY A $50 FEE, AND TAKE THE TEST TO GET MY G.E.D.!!!
HE WHIPS OUT HIS WALLET, PULLS OUT A $50 DOLLAR BILL AND HIS BUSINESS CARD AND SAYS FOR ME TO GO MAKE THAT HAPPEN, AND CALL HIM WHEN I GET MY CERTIFICATE!!!
I DID THE DOO, AND CALLED HIM UP AND BAM!!!

BEEN AT THIS JOB SINCE THEN!!!

Jan 1, 2006
^^ What kind of job do you have?

Meeting new people has to be the best way to get a job. I just don't like the people that try to be your friend and then try to get you to join their pyramid schemes LOL

Sep 18, 2002
nothing really important...data entry/editing....i might go to school for engineering and step it up though, theyll pay for me to go to school

anyone have 4 years of engineer experience i might be able to get you a good job lol
awww u must have a good employee referral program..haha..do u have a finance dept?

YOUNGNUTT

I'm so O.C.
Jul 9, 2002
Santa Ana to Long Beach
IT'S COO!!! IT'S SUCH A TRIP DEAL'N' WITH THESE CORPORATE FOLKS COMPARED TO A CAT LIKE ME!!!
I DAMN NEAR PISS MY PANTS AT THE TYPE OF SHIT
THESE PEOPLE BE COMPLAIN'N' ABOUT!!!

I CAME THROUGH ON A RICH BOAT!!!
I DIDN'T TAKE 1 CLASS FOR THIS,
AND YOU HAVE TO HAVE SOME TYPE OF SCHOOLING TO GET IN HERE!!!