how did you get your job?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 2, 2002
through personal reference? monster.com? did you just blindly fill out an application?

i know a lot of people are out of work right now, present company included, and i'm curious as to what is the most effective way of locking down new work...

Apr 23, 2006
100's of online applications

days and days spent applying to even the bullshit posts on craigslist

i probably went on 15-20 interviews before i found a job

but i also set my standards at the lowest possible

a job is a job i dont care if im workin at mcdonalds as long as i get a steady check

i think people need to lower there standards

Dec 9, 2005
Called the manager, asked if I could come by and drop off a resume. Started working a week later. Hospitals are the easiest jobs to get into, once you get a little bit of experience.

Dana Dane

RIP Vallejo Kid
May 3, 2002
my husband worked for the company I work for now. He went to jail for some DUI shit, and when he got out, his boss wouldnt hire him back, but ended up hiring me to be his customer service department.

its not what you know but who you know.

Jan 1, 2006
1st job - my friends mom's friend was a retail store manager who hired my friend who in turn hired me

2nd job - my mom works for AT&T and got the email for friends & family to apply for new job openings (currently holding it down)

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
^^
I think that's where most people fail, they try to hold a certain image 24/7 and don't want to change up
yeah, and interviewers can smell nervousness. i think you gotta show you have personality too, but definitely that you can hold a certain level of professionalism.

i remember my second job was at a bank...i had to change up big time..putting on a suit and tie wasnt my thing...but i did what i had to do...after work i could act and dress however the fuck i wanted

i make hella typos here but i cant make one typo at work or i might lose my job...two entirely different things...

Dec 4, 2006
www.caljobs.ca.gov

but if you dont know how to write a resume or how to deal with interview questions and how to look/speak...that link in the end wont mean shit

i can sound as ignorant as i want on the siccness but when it comes to interviews i follow a specific protocol

I been updating my resume on there for quite sometime...got a few jobs off there..but there hasn't been anything on there lately..

jr916

Sicc OG
Jun 3, 2006
yeah, and interviewers can smell nervousness. i think you gotta show you have personality too, but definitely that you can hold a certain level of professionalism.

i remember my second job was at a bank...i had to change up big time..putting on a suit and tie wasnt my thing...but i did what i had to do...after work i could act and dress however the fuck i wanted

i make hella typos here but i cant make one typo at work or i might lose my job...two entirely different things...
lol.try gettin a e-mail from your boss about makin sure you turned off your machine and replyin by sayin "your drinkin huh, your drunk ass fuck"....his feelings got hurt, but he also didnt know i meant "as fuck"