Hostages and ak47s, just another day in Stockton California

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 11, 2004
3 dead in Stockton gunbattle after bank robbery, police chase

3 dead in Stockton gunbattle after bank robbery, police chase

STOCKTON (AP) - Stockton police said a second suspect has died after a bank robbery and gunbattle that led to the death of a hostage.

Stockton police said in all, three people are dead in Wednesday's violence, which included a high-speed chase that left cars and houses riddled with bullets shot from an "AK-47 style rifle."

The violence began when three people robbed a Bank of the West branch at Hammer Lane and Thornton Road and took three women hostage -- a bank customer and two bank employees. Police said the robbers stole a bank employee's SUV and led dozens of police cars on a high-speed chase that lasted about 45 minutes.

During the chase, two hostages -- both bank employees -- were thrown or jumped from the vehicle: one suffered a gunshot wound and the other had a grazing bullet wound. Both are at the hospital to get treatment for their injuries and are expected to survive.

As the SUV came to a stop near Otto Road and Thornton Drive around 3:20 p.m., officers exchanged gunfire with someone inside the vehicle. All three suspects were wounded in the gunbattle.

The third hostage -- the bank customer -- was found dead inside of the SUV due to gunfire, Stockton police said. Stockton Police Chief Eric Jones said she was used as a human shield during the fire fight, but it is unclear who shot her.

A suspect was pronounced dead at the scene. The second suspect was taken to the hospital, where he was later pronounced dead. A third suspect is still in the hospital to get treatment for his wounds and is expected to survive.

No officers were injured during the incident.

News10 provided live updates as the story was developing

UPDATE 8:14 p.m.: A second bank robbery suspect died because of gunshot wounds sustained during a chase with police, the Stockton Police tweeted.

UPDATE 5:04 p.m.: News10's Gabriel Roxas reported that the vehicle involved in the chase was stolen from an employee at the Bank of the West on Thornton Road in Stockton, which the suspects allegedly robbed.

UPDATE 4:53 p.m.: News10's Gabriel Roxas confirmed that all three suspects were shot. One has died, two were taken to the hospital.

UPDATE 4:38 p.m.: In a televised report, a Stockton police spokesman said two people have died: a suspect and a hostage. One hostage was struck by gunfire and thrown from the vehicle. Two other suspects were taken to the hospital. There were a total of three hostages, all females. There also were three suspects, all Latino males. Multiple police squad cars and residential properties were struck by gunfire.

UPDATE 4 p.m.: A Stockton police spokesman said there were at least two suspects in the car that was being chased as well as at least two hostages. One of the hostages was shot, then released. The second hostage was released just before the pursuit ended, the spokesman said. The condition of the hostages or the suspects was not immediately available.

UPDATE 3:51 p.m.: A Stockton police spokesman said a hostage was shot during the chase. Aerial video from Sky10 showed a person flanked by officers being led to a police vehicle with his hands behind his back. The chase ended on Thornton Road between Hammer and 8 Mile roads.

UPDATE 3:25 p.m.: A Stockton police spokesman said the pursuit may have ended at Thornton Road and Otto Drive. Multiple shots were fired. No movement in suspect vehicle. Officers are preparing to clear the vehicle.

This was the scene in north Stockton on July 16, 2014, where a Stockton police spokesman said a pursuit with suspected bank robbers who had a hostage and were shooting at police may have ended.(Photo: News10)
UP

This was the scene in north Stockton on July 16, 2014, where a Stockton police spokesman said a pursuit with suspected bank robbers who had a hostage and were shooting at police may have ended.(Photo: News10)
UPDATE 3:16 p.m.: The chase has moved onto Balboa and Portola avenues, off of the main roads.

UPDATE 3:13 p.m.: Suspects are eastbound on Hammer Lane near Pershing Avenue.

UPDATE 3:06 p.m.: Suspects are shooting at police. Officers believe an AK-47-style weapon is being used. The suspects have one hostage, police said.

Original post:

There is a high-speed police pursuit underway in the area of Highway 99 and north Stockton.

Police are pursuing a blue Ford Expedition being driven by alleged bank robbers.

Shots have been fired at officers, Stockton police Officer Joe Silva said.

The robbery was at Bank of the West in north Stockton at Hammer Lane and Thornton Road.

Jun 11, 2004
Police: 2 suspects in deadly Central California bank | The Press Democrat

Gang members... Wonder if they were nortes. So wtf did the police just lite up the car while it was full of hostages?
Sounds like the crooks shot 2 of the female hostages (bank employees) and dumped them out the car but they lived. The 3rd hostage was lit up inside the car as a "human shield". She was just a customer standing in the bank parking lot with her little kid daughter when they snatched her up. That's some fucked up shit

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
unfortunate for the innocent women involved.

being held hostage & getting killed in the process is a hell of a way to go.

RIP

& that little girl is going to need lots of counseling, I heard she had to call her dad to tell him her mom was getting kidnapped as it happened.

sad story, these dudes were probably just trying to get more money for meth, knowing stockton.

Apr 25, 2002
& that little girl is going to need lots of counseling, I heard she had to call her dad to tell him her mom was getting kidnapped as it happened.
i guess she went in the bank real quick and left her 12 year daughter in the car. idk if the cops shoulda dumped on the SUV like that with ol' girl in there still. they already took out the tires. there was other potential options for saving the hostage.

Taco Bell by my house got a bullet proof drive through window. Jack In The Box by my spot got all day security. and the A&W/KFC i fuck with got security all day. it seems a fucking bank should be more "secured" than fast food.

Jun 5, 2004
i guess she went in the bank real quick and left her 12 year daughter in the car. idk if the cops shoulda dumped on the SUV like that with ol' girl in there still. they already took out the tires. there was other potential options for saving the hostage.

Taco Bell by my house got a bullet proof drive through window. Jack In The Box by my spot got all day security. and the A&W/KFC i fuck with got security all day. it seems a fucking bank should be more "secured" than fast food.
U know how many tacos each jack in the box has in stock in back? Of course they gotta have all-day security