hopkins or de la hoya

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hopkins or De LA Hoya

• hopkins

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • de la hoya

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Hopkins stays in pretty good shape and he has more to lose than De La Hoya. This is probably the biggest fight of Hopkins' career so that right there tells me that he's going to show up in pretty good shape.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
A year ago I would've told you that Hopkins will win.
And after their last fights, I would've told you that Hopkins would win easily.

However I always felt that De La Hoya would have a much better chance than most people give him.
Now after watching the weigh-in, I'm almost inclined to say that Oscar's gonna pull off the upset.
If you take De La Hoya's word for it, that he trained real hard to boost his stamina and that he actually went 12 rounds on four occasions during the training for this fight then I'm definately picking De La Hoya to win.
People do not realize that B-Hop is a small middleweight, is very slow on his feet, and is much slower than De La Hoya when it comes to hand speed. Not to mention the fact that his best punch is his right hand, which he telegraphs as he sets up to throw it. He ain't gonna catch Oscar with it.

Hopkins came in at 156 while De La Hoya came in at 155.
De La Hoya is 3 inches shorter but because of this, he looks the bigger of the two.
So Hopkins' size advantage might be out the window already.
Peep the weigh-in pix....

My prediction, Hopkins will be a warded a decision in a fight where it appears Oscar has won.
Much like Oscar's fights with Trinidad and Mosley II....

May 15, 2002
Fight of the year here

I heard De La Hoya has come in way under the weight limit - which prob means he'll be quick and ready to go all way. Hopkins is a bad man period and ready to fight. Should be a good fight and go the distance.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
No doubt B-Hop is the man.
Hasn't lost in over 11 years and holds the middle weight record for successful consecutive title defenses.
But you have to dig back to his last loss against Roy Jones.
RJ boxed him to death by taking advantage of the flaws that Hopkins still has.
I think De La Hoya will borrow from RJ's blue print, he is capable of outboxing Hopkins the same way Roy did.

Anyways, I just heard on ESPNNews that De La Hoya's right hand (between middle and wedding finger) was cut this past Wednesday while one of his trainers was cutting off hand wrapping with a pair of scissors. Not good for De La Hoya, the cut required eight stitches but the fight is still on.
Looks like De La Hoya's very determined to win tonight....

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Well it was fun while it lasted.
Hopkins proved to be too strong for De La Hoya.
I had the fight dead even going into the 9th round.

I think Hopkins surprised everyone by trying to outbox De La Hoya,
but when he sensed he was falling behind, he came out and imposed his will on De La Hoya and thus landed the left hook to the body.

Who do ya'll wanna see Hopkins take on next?
There's talks about him fighting Tarver at a catch weight.
That would be tight!

May 15, 2002
i watched the fight

de la hoya went down cause he scared. he knew his ass was getting kicked from 9 though 12 so he figured lay down and and save his television show. Smart move on his part. Publicity stunt for hoya.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
AC Transit said:
i watched the fight

de la hoya went down cause he scared. he knew his ass was getting kicked from 9 though 12 so he figured lay down and and save his television show. Smart move on his part. Publicity stunt for hoya.
agreed with homie..

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
I think De La Hoya may have won like 3 rounds but then Hopkins started to turn it on after like the 6th round and that's when De La Hoya started tasting Hopkins power.

Jan 9, 2004
That was a boring ass fight, too much walking and not enough jab/punching. Bernard earned that win. I want to see him take Tarver next. ODLH go back down and retire with a win boy, these natural middleweights are gonna kill you.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
salvarican said:
LOL the man made a good call, some asshole ruined it for me and was screamin out in middle of the street "HOPKINS KNOCKED HIS ASS OUT!" but either way i'm still watchin it on hbo next week
I wish I didn't add the T and I would of been right on the money.