hopkins or de la hoya

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hopkins or De LA Hoya

• hopkins

Votes: 23 76.7%
  • de la hoya

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
Hopkins wins easily. He's just too big for Oscar. Oscar doesn't have enough power for Hopkins to respect him. On top of that the extra weight Oscar has as a middleweight will take away some of his speed and quickness. I don't see a way for Oscar to win this one.

Shit, all lack of training excuses aside, Oscar had enough trouble dealing with Sturm. Hopkins is in a whole different class than Sturm.

Brian Blake
RealBoxing.com

Jun 16, 2004
Ready2Rumble82 said:
Hopkins wins easily. He's just too big for Oscar. Oscar doesn't have enough power for Hopkins to respect him. On top of that the extra weight Oscar has as a middleweight will take away some of his speed and quickness. I don't see a way for Oscar to win this one.

Shit, all lack of training excuses aside, Oscar had enough trouble dealing with Sturm. Hopkins is in a whole different class than Sturm.

Brian Blake
RealBoxing.com
de la hoya said he was coming in as a light middlewieght at 154 or some shiet so he can conserve his speed or some shiet, but regardless, hopkins is gonna execute and give de la hoya his first knock out lost ever, i was feeling what de la hoya was saying in the interview between fights margarito v.s. santos and cotto v.s. pitno, but hopkins made a good point, dont believe him we'll have to wait and see, but i dont got PPV and i'm not gonna get it, i think i'm a stay home for a week, not come on the siccness for a week either so you fuckers dont spoil it for me, read the paper or watch t.v. and watch the fight a week later when it comes on hbo, it's gonna be hard, but i'm determined, haha PEACE!

Jan 9, 2004
My mind says Hopkins but I'm betting on ODLH for some party money and I think Oscar still has one good fight left in him, I refuse to believe Oscar will go out the way he did in the Sturm fight. All it takes is one lucky punch, did you see Tarver/Jones?

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
Yeah but De La Hoya doesn't have the guts. He could of knocked out Trinidad but he chose to run. He won't beat Hopkins. Hopkins will have to turn old in the ring.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
And think about this... How is he going to take Hopkins' belt fighting backwards? For De La Hoya to take Hopkins belt he's going to have to stand there and trade with him sometime but he doesn't have the guts nor is he stupid enough.

May 5, 2002
whewwwwww I gotta say its gonna be an earned victory for Hopkins. But i gotta factor in age this time. Im gonna say hopkins in a decision but IF he should KO DLH then ill give Hopkins more credit for still packin a punch 4 a real fighter

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
With the way Oscar fights I don't see him taking Hopkins' belts. De La Hoya fights going backwards... how is he going to take his belt fighting backwards? At some point he's going to have to stand and trade with Bernard if he plans on winning. Oscar is going to give it a good fight but he is not aggressive enough to take Hopkins' belt. Hopkins will win by. If De La chooses to trade then he's going to get knocked out. If he runs then Bernard by decision. Bernard is talking about setting a fierce pace that Oscar won't be able to keep up with.