Hmmmm. Re: UFC 151

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 27, 2006
Props to Jon Jones for not taking that bull shit ass fight, Chael doesn't deserve any title shot at 205 right now. Throw Anderson Silva in there already! This shit gettin' old.

Oct 30, 2002
www.soundclick.com
not here to argue either spoon but 2 title shots in 2 years id say he was a top middle weight . but thats my opinion and u can disagree i wont say youre wrong. but he earned both shots and lost to the greatest mma fighter of all time. but he showed he deserves to be in the octagon against the best. if u wanna use the argument that he barely squeeked by bisping thats cool but silva barel squeeked by chael the first fight.

edit from another forum:

You still dont refuse a fight when you signed a contract to fight + having profited from short notice fights all your career. Jon Jones got his first UFC fight on short notice because the other guy accepted. Jon Jones got the UFC title shot on short notice because the other guy accepted.

#Hypocrite Jon Jones

May 6, 2002
Do you think the UFC will feel comfortable giving him another main event? If they did, I guarantee they wouldn't stack the under card.
He's asking for a fix. Why would they gamble that much money on someone like that? He has every right to do what he did, but see how they treat you now...

Oct 11, 2009
not here to argue either spoon but 2 title shots in 2 years id say he was a top middle weight . but thats my opinion and u can disagree i wont say youre wrong. but he earned both shots and lost to the greatest mma fighter of all time. but he showed he deserves to be in the octagon against the best. if u wanna use the argument that he barely squeeked by bisping thats cool but silva barel squeeked by chael the first fight.

edit from another forum:

You still dont refuse a fight when you signed a contract to fight + having profited from short notice fights all your career. Jon Jones got his first UFC fight on short notice because the other guy accepted. Jon Jones got the UFC title shot on short notice because the other guy accepted.

#Hypocrite Jon Jones
JON JONES TITLE FIGHT CAME A MONTH LATER NOT 8 DAYS THO...

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
lol the undercard fighters that Jones screwed over are going in on him now on twitter asking him shit like "are you gonna pay my rent" and "can I have one of your new Nike shirts for my daughter since I can't afford her school clothes now"

haha damn

Jul 24, 2005
lol the undercard fighters that Jones screwed over are going in on him now on twitter asking him shit like "are you gonna pay my rent" and "can I have one of your new Nike shirts for my daughter since I can't afford her school clothes now"

haha damn

it's funny but some of those guys make shit so I can understand where they are coming from but jones went out like a bitch and you know dana would have taken damn good care of him if he would have step up to the plate

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
it's funny but some of those guys make shit so I can understand where they are coming from but jones went out like a bitch and you know dana would have taken damn good care of him if he would have step up to the plate
Exactly. Jones' massive payday would have been even more huge.

Jones' is fucking scared of losing his Nike contract, guaranteed. It sucks that undercard fighters who only get sponsor money if they fight won't get shit because the guy with the guaranteed sponsor money is scared to lose his sponsor.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
WHY COULDN'T THEY GO ON WITH THE REST OF THE CARD?? THEY NEED TO BE GETTIN AT DANA WHITE...
Because the Co-Main Event was Jake Ellenberger vs. Jay Heiron, they can't put that on Pay Per View. Plus their sponsors are sponsoring a world title fight, not Ellenberger vs. Heiron, that's a lot of change to lose a world championship fight for two guys barely scraping the top 20 in their division.

it might have been in the contract with the building owners that a tittle fight had to happen at this event
That too, on top of a variety of other things. They probably had to have a world championship fight in some capacity to satisfy various contracts.