Hell is not Infinite Torture

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
prove it, what's the evidence?
The heart is the seat of all energies of the body.

Dare to elaborate on what exactly "secondary electromagnetic interactions " means? Or how these influence cell processes?
It wouldn't do you any good. Try to imagine that you were hooked up to a computer experiencing a convincing virtual reality simulation. Someone tells you that you are not this body and you ask them to show you the interaction between the real you and this body. Obviously this is not possible because the real you is completely separate from this simulation. So your argument here is nonsense.

it will be a perfectly healthy human being, why would you think it is not alive?
Because you are speculating the future.

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005

It wouldn't do you any good. Try to imagine that you were hooked up to a computer experiencing a convincing virtual reality simulation. Someone tells you that you are not this body and you ask them to show you the interaction between the real you and this body. Obviously this is not possible because the real you is completely separate from this simulation. So your argument here is nonsense.
I don't wanna imagine anything, show me the evidence

Because you are speculating the future.
I am not speculating, I know it is theoretically possible, the obstacles are purely technical, and will quickly be overcome with the speed molecular biology technologies are advancing

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
Medical science. Study it.

I don't wanna imagine anything, show me the evidence
Wrong. If you want to pose the "mind-body" problem then you will explain to me how you can show a link between the real person and the computer simulation in that given scenario. If you cannot show that link, then the problem you pose is valueless.

I am not speculating, I know it is theoretically possible, the obstacles are purely technical, and will quickly be overcome with the speed molecular biology technologies are advancing
I reject your theoretical framework. Your future talk should come with hover boards and flux capacitors. But yeah, I guess you totally got me there. What can I say about flux capacitors? One-point-twenty-one 'jigga' watts!

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Medical science. Study it.
LOL

Medical science shows that we can transplant hearts and personality does not change after the operation; this does not exactly fir with your "soul" hypothesis

Wrong. If you want to pose the "mind-body" problem then you will explain to me how you can show a link between the real person and the computer simulation in that given scenario. If you cannot show that link, then the problem you pose is valueless.
I don't have to show anything, it is absolutely pointless to discuss hypothetical situations with zero apparent relevance to reality

I reject your theoretical framework. Your future talk should come with hover boards and flux capacitors. But yeah, I guess you totally got me there. What can I say about flux capacitors? One-point-twenty-one 'jigga' watts!
WTF? I am talking about syn-bio, not about capacitators:ermm:

Nov 17, 2002
www.facebook.com
LOL

Medical science shows that we can transplant hearts and personality does not change after the operation; this does not exactly fir with your "soul" hypothesis
You are assuming that a heart transplant constitutes a soul transplant.

I don't have to show anything, it is absolutely pointless to discuss hypothetical situations with zero apparent relevance to reality
The hypothetical situation's relevance to reality is itself irrelevant. Its point is to demonstrate a situation wherein it would be impossible to ascertain how the real person interacts with the computer simulation. Apply this to your question about how the soul interacts with the body.

WTF? I am talking about syn-bio, not about capacitators:ermm:
The point is this...

Whatever you are talking about, it is invalid since it relies on some hypothetical future you are positing.

Sep 28, 2002
Has Jarvic created a race of soulless zombies? Do people with heart disease have sick souls? Are pacemakers really soul regulators?

As far as where the Qi of the soul resides I believe that a taoist and/or hindu religious text might help you there.

Nov 10, 2004
This is all poop, In Genesis, it states that God breathed into the man and he BECAME a living soul. The soul is your body and when your body dies, you cease to exist.

Psilo707

Complete O.G.
Jun 25, 2002
Gimcheon, South Korea
www.seoulhunter.com
What kind of "energy" are we talking about here? Electromagnetic? Kinetic?

Not sure i understand that statement.

ATP, which is the most important functional energy of our bodies, is produced by cells themselves in the mitochondria, and doesn't really come from a single region of the body. In fact the heart itself doesnt have anything to do with ATP production, besides for the fact its maintaining the blood flow throughout the system allowing the cells to live.

If you're talking about metaphysical (aka magic) energy, then I guess I follow, lol