Heard about Hyphy? Yahoo has...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Saw this on the front page of yahoo just now....

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzz_log/?fr=fp-buzz-more

TBIB!

the buzz log What the world is searching for...
Add to My Yahoo! View RSS Feed
The Hype on Hyphy
E-40
E-40

Buzz on hyphy, the hip-hop style that comes out of the San Francisco Bay Area and that some compare to crunk, is hopping. Ever since E-40 released his album "My Ghetto Report Card" in March, searches on hyphy are heating up. "Tell Me When to Go," E-40's collaboration with Keak Da Sneak (the man who coined the term "hyphy") has shot into our top 7,000 searches. The song's become the unofficial hyphy anthem and gone from zero searches in the beginning of 2006 to place within our top 12,000 searches in recent weeks.

The hyphy hype comes as no surprise—the life style emphasizes partying, dancing, and "going dumb." Car sideshows, in all their controversial glory, have also accompanied hyphy music and slang into cultural consciousness. According to official sources like E-40, if you want to get hyphy, you need to hop in your scraper, throw on some stunna shades, and flambost yourself to the highest degree. Here at Buzz HQ, we call that commuting.

Filed under: Music, Rap Music, Hyphy
Thu, April 27, 2006, 5:00 pm PDT
Comments (4)»Email this posting

Jan 23, 2006
heh zero searches at the beggining on 2006? bitch stop lyin i was all up on yahoo search engine in january tryin to find the tell me when to go video

Apr 4, 2005
why do niggas get a boner everytime they see a nation-wide topic about the bay??? u can tell we aint used to exposure.....New York niggas would prolly laugh is they read half the topics in this mutha fucka........

May 3, 2002
Pioneer said:
why do niggas get a boner everytime they see a nation-wide topic about the bay??? u can tell we aint used to exposure.....New York niggas would prolly laugh is they read half the topics in this mutha fucka........

cuz all these folks wasn't born when the bay was bumpin. It's new to them :siccness:

Jan 26, 2006
killahoe666 said:
cuz all these folks wasn't born when the bay was bumpin. It's new to them :siccness:
good point. I never thought about it like that since I was around for the good ole days and just kept following the artists I liked. I always wondered why people would yap about TBIB, but if you've never been around for the better days it would be kinda cool to see the bay get its shine.

Nov 16, 2005
"Tell Me When to Go," E-40's collaboration with Keak Da Sneak (the man who coined the term "hyphy") has shot into our top 7,000 searches. The song's become the unofficial hyphy anthem and gone from zero searches in the beginning of 2006 to place within our top 12,000 searches in recent weeks.
daaaamn thats proof right there