HBO: Game of Thrones

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
Jeor Mormont aka the Old Bear is Ser Jorah Mormont's (Daenerys right hand man ) father. It might have been obvious (same last name) but I completely forgot this or it didn't register despite reading the first few books .

Thought I'd mention that in case anyone else completely missed this like I did.
I did know that actually but completely forgot lol

Props: 2-0-Sixx

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Yeah Theon disappears for the 3rd & 4th books so this is mostly filling in a couple of stories you read about in the 5th. They couldn't realistically have Alfie Allen disappear from the show for the next 3-4 seasons, so we get to see all this crazy (fucking awesome) stuff that happens to him at the hands of ******.

They're doing an awesome job with him so far. Whoever he is, you musn't call him a bastard

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
goddamn Nikolaj fuggin crushed that Kingslayer scene.

And I love how they're making an effort to show that Davos is basically the only truly good person in the entire story. Onion Knight 4 lyf

late edit-- just saw this on reddit

There it is. That's the look. I've seen it for 17 years on face after face. You all despise me. Kingslayer. Oath breaker. Man without honor. You've heard of wildfire?

Of course.

The mad king was obsessed with it. He loved to watch people burn--the way their skin blackened, blistered, melted off their bones. He burned lords he didn't like; he burned Hands that disobeyed him; he burned anyone that was against him. Before long, half the country was against him. Aerys saw traitors everywhere, so he had his pyromancer place caches of wildfire all over the city: beneath the Sept of Baelor, the slums of flea bottom, under houses, stables, taverns, even beneath the Red Keep itself. Finally, the day of reckoning came. Robert Baratheon marched upon the capitol after his victory at the Trident. But my father arrived first with the whole Lannister army at his back, promising to defend the city against the rebels. I knew my father better than that. He's never been one to pick the losing side. I told the mad king as much. I urged him to surrender peacefully. But the king didn't listen to me, didn't listen to Varys, who tried to warn him. But he did listen to Grandmaester Pycell, that grey sunken cunt. "You can trust the Lannisters," he said. "The Lannisters have always been true friends of the crown." So, we opened the gates and my father sacked the city. Once again I came to the king begging him to surrender. He told me to bring him my father's head. Then he turned to his pyromancer, "Burn them all," he said. "Burn them in their homes, burn them in their beds." Tell me, if your precious Renly commanded you to kill your own father and stand by while thousands of men women and children were burned alive, would you have done it? Would you have kept your oath then? First, I killed the pyromancer, and then when the king turned to flee I drove my sword into his back. "Burn them all," he kept saying. "Burn them all." I don't think he expected to die. He meant to burn with the rest of us and rise again reborn as a dragon and turn his enemies to ash. I slit his throat to make sure that didn't happen. That's where Ned Stark found me.

If this is true, why didn't you tell anyone? Why didn't you tell Lord Stark?

Stark. You think the honorable Ned Stark wanted to hear my side? He judged me guilty the moment he set eyes on me. By what right does the wolf judge the lion? By what right?

Help! The Kingslayer!

Jaime. My name is Jaime.

Last edited: